Frequently Asked Questions

Aix

Question

[hr]

Frequently Asked Questions

[hr]There are many questions that appear and reappear over and over here in the Questions & Help section and they've been answered a million times already, but people just keep on asking. Please read this thread before you post any questions. If any of these questions pop up, you can simply redirect them to this thread.

I made this for a more easy to navigate FAQ with a Color Topic for visibility.[hr]
Table of Contents

• How do I make the Show/Hide buttons?
  • How do I change a Topic's title?
  • How to I gain Levels/Stars?
  • How do I post my cards so people can see them?
  • How do I change my Display Name or Member Title?
  • How do I give a Rep or a Like?
  • How do I earn or give points?
  • Why don't bullet points or accents show up in the cardmaker?
  • How do I print my created cards?
  • Where can I Duel with my custom cards?
  • When is YCM getting fixed?
  • Other Important Terms
  • Notable Links and Guides

[hr]
[spoiler=How do I make the Show/Hide buttons?]These buttons are called spoilers. To make one, you put in the following into your post:

[spoiler=Name you want]Whatever you want to put in here, goes here[/spoiler]

Alternatively, you can use the Special BBCode button in the top left corner.

_piZfyXbQzOUs1VWK_qh0w.png

And the following dialogue box should pop up. Select Spoiler from the drop-down menu.

RvPX15m.png

And then the dialogue box should change to the box below with spaces to put in the Name of the spoiler and what you want inside it.

mXUUQ48TRluMBF_qPv73UA.png
[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=How do I change a Topic's title?]Click Edit and then go to "Use Full Editor" at the bottom beside "Save Changes".[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=How to I gain Levels/Stars?]
You gain Levels as you post more. Certain sections do not have post count enabled, meaning even if you post in those sections, the number of posts you officially have won't increase. These sections are Games, Clubs & Organizations and Out-of-Character Planning. You have the following number of stars with the following number of posts:

1 Star - 0-24 posts
2 Stars - 25-149 posts
3 Stars - 150-399 posts
4 Stars - 400-999 posts
5 Stars - 1000-4999 posts
6 Stars - 5000-9999 posts
7 Stars - 10000+ posts

At 6 Stars, you also become a Veteran Member, meaning that you can change your profile background and change your Display Name once every 45 days instead of every 90 days.

Consult this thread for more information regarding specific privileges granted to user groups/ranks.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=How do I post my cards so people can see them?]
First, click on the card image on the cardmaker and a small bit of code with a URL should pop up at the bottom of your card once the cardmaker uploads your card to Imgur. Clicking on the code beneath your card image should automatically copy it to your clipboard which then you can paste it into your post.
CardPics_zps15d357c8.jpg
However, on rare occasions, the little part beneath the card image may end up blank. That means that YCM has used up its allotted uploads for the day, which then you will have to save your card image and uploaded it yourself to an image hosting site such as Imgur or Photobucket.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=How do I change my Display Name or Member Title?]
To change your Display Name, go to Edit Profile and there should be a tab that says "Change Display Name". You do need a certain number of posts to do this and you can only change your Display Name once every 90 days (45 days for people with more than 5000 posts).

Alternatively, you can buy a Change Username item from the Shop for 3000 points. Note that changing your Display Name does NOT change your username, the name you log in with. If you wish to have this changed, you can ask one of the mods to do it for you.

To change your Member Title (the thing beneath your name), you simply go to Edit Profile and it should be there. However, you need at least 50 posts to do this. You can change your Member Title whenever you want.
MemberTitle_zps29cc6b6f.jpg[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=How do I give a Rep or a Like and what do they do?]A Like, otherwise known as a Rep, is simply a mark of appreciation for either something funny that someone has posted or to show thanks when someone has helped you or done something good. The number of times you've been Liked shows up on your profile and also when someone hovers over your name. To give someone a Like, just click the green "Like This" button in the corner of their post.
Like_zpse513a4ef.jpg[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=How do I earn or give points and what do points do?]
To earn points, you simply have to post. Every post gives you 10 points and every new topic you make gives you 25 points. You can also earn points from winning Contests or Tournaments.

To give someone points, simply go onto their Profile and click the Donate Points button.
Points_zps7f7df0ae.jpg
The following dialogue box should pop up and give you an option to specify a reason for giving the points so the recipient knows what the points are for and the amount which you are giving.
Donate_zps5e557a20.jpg
Points are our form of economy and are generally used for contests/tournaments. They can be used to purchase Name Changes and Color Topic Titles in the Shop for very hefty prices. Note that Color Topic Titles on your thread disappear when you edit the first post.

You can also buy your own member group with points for 10,000 points, plus 1K a month to retain it.
Or you can spend 40K and permanently have the group for life.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Why don't bullet points or accents show up in the cardmaker?]
Unfortunately, the cardmaker doesn't support bullet points or accents. This issue is unlikely to be fixed any time soon as YCMaker, the person in charge who created this site, only appears every once in a while before disappearing again. Instead, you can use Photoshop or GIMP with the Custom Card Templates to create your card. Those are the very same templates used in the cardmaker, so they should look exactly the same.

Accented letters work in the card's name, but only for lowercase letters. The cardmaker does not support long vowels, but you will rarely need them.
If you must use a long vowel, try using the circumflex one instead. It should look like " ^ " over the letter.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=How do I print my created cards?]
1. Make sure the card(s) you've made are saved in an easy-locatable place on your hard-drive.

2. Try to print Nine (9) cards at the same time on one A4 sheet, so open them all up in a program such as Microsoft Word, or Microsoft Publisher, and leave a gap between them, so it is easier to cut later.

3. Make sure that every card has the dimensional width of: 2.3125 inches and a height of 3.375 inches, or a width of 5.9 Centimeters and Height of 8.6 Centimeters.

4. Make sure you have an A4 size printer. Buy some "Photo Paper" or "High Gloss Paper" and set your printer settings compatible with the paper.

5. Print it off, in High-Definition. Make sure it is HD, because it can easily get messed up otherwise.

6. Time to cut out. Get a very sharp knife, and a ruler (scissors will also do, but a knife can be more accurate), place the ruler up against the edges of the card, and cut out!
Note: Guillotines can also be used (not the head-chopping off ones...).

7. Check the thickness of your card. If it seems the same thickness of a real card, just print the back of the card onto the, well, back of the card. If not, you can print off another sheet with card-backs on, and stick them together.

For more information about cards, please visit this thread:
http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-79197.html[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Where can I Duel with my custom cards?]
YCM actually has its own website where you can upload and Duel with your own cards, you can find it here: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/279701-duel-portal-program-online-available/. Be aware that there still may be a few bugs and glitches and there is seldom anyone online. I suppose, we could try organising some tournaments and such.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=When are you going to fix the issues with YCM?]
A lot of you ask this; ESPECIALLY new members. 

We know about YCM's flaws (including the cardmaker malfunctioning in certain areas, addition of Pendulums/Links, etc.) and other user-based issues. The staff members would like them to be fixed as much as you do, if not more, but as it stands, most of these things can only be handled by the admin, YCMaker, whom is extremely inactive.

So an answer for this is: Whenever YCMaker gets over here to fix stuff, then the issues can be fixed. Right now, he's essentially dead.
[/spoiler]

[hr]
[spoiler=Other Important Terms]Some important stuff you want to know around the forum.

• Bump - where you post in your own topic solely for the sake of bringing it back to the top of the forum.
  • Necrobump - where you post in someone else's topic after no one has posted in the topic for a month.
  • Report - when you notify the mods that something is against the rules.
  • Warnings - when a mod gives you a warning about breaking the rules. Accumulating warning points can get you post-locked (unable to post) or even banned.

[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Notable Links and Guides]The Noob Tutorial: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/209295-the-noob-tutorial/
Guide to the Realistic Cards Section: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/304045-guide-to-the-realistic-cards-single-cards-section/
Cardmaking Guide: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/304872-a-guide-to-making-cards-card-art-sources/[/spoiler]
[hr]If you have any more questions to add to this thread, feel free to comment them below.

• Answers 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, aren't post counts in all of Others section is turned off?

And I guess the topic title should be highlighted so that it won't get overlooked. It pretty much does not stand out much compared to the other topics, especially the answered questions. NVM

Aand it's gone again.

I guess this is quite good, though maybe you might want to mention the special characters/accents compability question as a separate question or an addendum on the bullet section

I would offer "constructive ideas" but as the people in charge here have said, they're entirely useless and can't do anything without the person who owns the website - so constructive ideas are entirely useless as they can't implement them anyway. Hence why I said - funk the website, get rid of it, and replace it with a new one that has many people with the permission to alter and edit stuff. 

How to insert japanese text for the card name?I copy the name from ygowikia,but did'nt work like before

The cardmaker will only work for letters in the Latin alphabet (so basically, standard A-Z and other diacriticals except for long vowels). Don't try to add Greek, Arabic or Asiatic languages, or the name will not render. 

Ok so, I know this has been asked a million times, but it has gotten worse now; I can't upload pictures to YCM for cards properly, so I try to copy and paste the link; it doesn't work, and now I am trying to upload to Imgur and do the exact same thing (posting the URL) and guess what still nothing, when the hell will this be fixed?

I would offer "constructive ideas" but as the people in charge here have said, they're entirely useless and can't do anything without the person who owns the website - so constructive ideas are entirely useless as they can't implement them anyway. Hence why I said - funk the website, get rid of it, and replace it with a new one that has many people with the permission to alter and edit stuff. 

This does not contribute to the topic. I said it in the other thread but once again there are things we can do besides things involving strictly the cardmaker.

If you'd like to try and create a new one to show us just how easy it is be my guest. But please don't constantly bombard with these pointless posts. We all get that you're frustrated but continuing to do this will flag you as a spammer/troll.

The next time you post about this when not relevant to the topic you will be warned for spam.

The card maker deleted all the images from the cards I made

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/368549-important-cardmaker-faq/

We know about it, and you're not the only one affected.

Those of you who are going to make another reference to the images being "deleted", please read the linked thread before you post.

So, basically, everything on this site is now absolutely bollocked, yes - Imgur, images - and the admins are basically useless? Maybe, as you have his mobile number, you call/text the person who has the authorisation to fix it and get him to get here and fix stuff -- that is his job as the person in charge of the site; I don't care how you get him here - ring him constantly and yell at him until he fixes it, if you must!

If he's not going to do that job, get rid of him and put someone in charge who will.

Maybe, also, while you're at it, you get someone else authorisation to fix it in case this disaster occurs again? It'd make it much easier - and problems could be, oh, I don't know, actually dealt with, instead of being left to linger for donkeys years on end like the having to upload cards to Imgur problem...

Yours,

One rather annoyed member.

Fix it.

Now.

Or we may have to deal with it ourselves by boycotting the website and getting it shut down for gross incompetence...

I feel like this was directed towards me -.-

If anything, you were simply the "breaking point" that had Axi decide to make this thread. Your questions about member levels and spoilers are amongst the most common questions that this section gets.

OT: If you're going to mention that "we have a site to duel with custom cards," you should actually show people what/where it is, rather than simply mentioning its existence.

So, yelling at someone until they fix the problem. That won't guarantee the site being fixed; he might destroy it even more, or simply shut it down. The point is that he OWNS the site. He has paid money, and continuously pays money, to keep this site up. We cannot transfer ownership of the site without his permission. He is perfectly allowed to let this site die while getting money off the advertisements placed here. We CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS other than repeatedly contacting the admin, but that is more likely to increase hostility than anything else.

Thank you Dova.

Yes, we have his email and cell number, but he doesn't answer. For the record, I even emailed him myself (with Yui/Zai added in for reference) back in October about the forum issues at the time, but he did not reply to it. We'd all like it if he gave a damn about this site, but like Dova already mentioned, he owns the site and can do whatever he wants.

For the record, Tormented made an attempt to purchase the site a while back as to get these issues fixed, but he declined to sell them. He's updated a few things to make life better for us, but while some of the old issues have been fixed, many haven't, including the cardmaker stuff.

====

Now, onto the point about constantly messaging/texting YCMaker and so forth.

Would you like it if someone decided to flood your message box with thousands of emails / voice messages on a daily basis? You'd find it rather annoying, and would either request that the number / email address in question gets blacklisted, or as already mentioned, YCMaker may decide to just shut the place down because it's too much of a pain to maintain because the memberbase is not satisfied.

====

We are currently working on a replacement cardmaker, but there is no ETA for when it can be implemented or a definitive on if it'll work. 

While I do have access to the cardmaker coding, it means nothing without the PHP that governs it. That part is in YCMaker's hands, not mine or that of the Super Moderators. This also means fixing the automatic upload thing because it may not be something that we can actually modify; least without the cardmaker getting destroyed further if we try.

It is a pain to manually save and upload in the workaround method, but you just have to use it for the time being (or get the Imgur apps for Firefox/Chrome). 

Bottom-line, yelling at YCMaker (and implicitly, the staff members ourselves) isn't going to solve anything.

You are not the only member who is frustrated with the lack of updates.

iU8EggM.png

On an unrelated note, a new version of this thread is being written to be more concise and updated to the current standards of YCM. Original stuff Aix wrote is from 2013, and only added onto later when things arose. 

This thread will be unstickied / locked once things are finalized.

That rule was put into place so members don't flood the first page with their cards. Though, I have been considering removing it since as you already noted, that limit hasn't been reached otherwise and members should generally know how to post things by now. (Neither myself or whoever else was CC staff at the time had to call out anyone for it; either because people don't make more than 7 threads per day otherwise or if they do, they get merged [and moved accordingly]). 

I'll need to announce the changes in the rule threads though (I have made some adjustments since the last verbal update, but there should be a change date in the title). 

Archived