[Sakura] Number 109: Soul Sphere of Creation

9bZK5BL.jpg

2 Level 4 Warrior-Type or Beast-Warrior-Type monsters
Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Warrior-Type or Beast-Warrior-Type monster from your Deck. Its effect(s) are negated, cannot declare an attack and is destroyed during the End Phase. When this card leaves the field because of a card effect while it has 2 Xyz Materials: Banish this card; add 1 Warrior-Type or Beast-Warrior-Type monster from your Graveyard to the hand.

[spoiler=V1]

kZBptV3.jpg

2 Level 4 Warrior-Type or Beast-Warrior-Type monsters
Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Target 1 Level 4 or lower Warrior-Type or Beast-Warrior-Type monster in your Deck; Special Summon that target. Its effect(s) are negated and is destroyed during the End Phase. When this card leaves the field because of a card effect while it has Xyz Materials: Target 1 Warrior-Type or Beast-Warrior-Type monster in your hand or Graveyard; Special Summon that target. Its effects are negated.[/spoiler]

The reason for this card's Number can be read from goroawase (in the same vein as 104). I'll explain it if you'd like. 

I did the picture if you'd like to know where it came from. 

Anyway, rate/hate/love/CnC/fix OCG, etc. 

Reps will be given to members who give good reviews/improvements. 

"Human" on the name looks out of place, because I find weird for a human soul to have the power of creating life (summoning Warriors/Beast-Warriors). If you remove that word it should make more sense.

OCG fix: You cannot target monsters in the Deck or hand. So the effects should be:

Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Warrior-Type or Beast-Warrior-Type monster from your Deck. Its effect(s) are negated and is destroyed during the End Phase. When this card leaves the field because of a card effect while it has Xyz Materials: Special Summon 1 Warrior-Type or Beast-Warrior-Type monster from your hand or Graveyard. Its effects are negated.

On the effect: It is not bad nor overpowered, but personally I don't like it because Special Summoning effects are quite overused by now, and on an Xyz it can potentially become a problem by enabling swarms/OTKs.

In addition, this card is basically a Rank 4 "M-X-Saber Invoker" with more targets that replaces itself as a sort of "insurance" if it is removed before using its 2 materials; I would say this affects the card's creativity because it looks as if you had taken Invoker and simply made it better.

In terms of naming, that's technically where its Number is derived from. I guess I'll explain the goroawase reading so you know where it came from.

Hito (1) - person, or for this purpose, human [人]

Rei (0) - spirit [霊]

Kyū (9) - sphere [球]

Effect-wise, I forgot about Invoker while making this card. But yes, the effect technically is an stronger variant of it by virtue of it having more options to choose from, Level/Type-wise and SS is overused at this point. I'll go ahead and place an attack restriction on it (though you could still use it for Fusion/Synchro/Xyz, Tributing and other stuff before it gets destroyed at the end); the monster in question could still be revived with its 2nd effect. With that said, I changed it to just recycle stuff to the hand but at the cost of it being banished at the end (it needs to have both of its materials first, however, so if you already SS a monster, can't do it unless you got this out via RUM cards or recycled materials).

Anyway, thank you for the CnC.

nothing to say about the effect...looks decent and totally balanced, "maybe too much"... i read Human, i see wind, i see a sphere, i read warrior....if i should say a thing that is not missing in this card, is coherence ;) ... usually weird WIND cards are perfect to be Psychic-Type and maybe it could s.summon psychics instead of bw, psychics always are in deep need of help

I originally planned on making it Rock-Type or something (I wanted more of a rocky orb monster to be this), but nothing really came to mind about fitting something that's supposed to be an spiritual orb. Probably Psychic fits it the best (considering appearances). 

As noted earlier, I originally designed this for another Archetype (which focuses on Warrior/Beast-Warrior stuff, though I may do an equivalent for Psychics [or make some support in a later thread]). It was mentioned that this could work with Fire Fists or something in the 1v1 thread I used this in. 

Yeah, though the effect doesn't support either of the two.

If I just posted the pic and left that to interpretation, that would probably be the answer.

Cardwise, needed to post those restrictions so this doesn't turn into Rescue Cat or whatever shenanigans (that being said, monsters that Cat used to summon were usually Synchro bait anyway).

Archived