The Grand Tournament[ROUND 2 TASK UP](Round 1 Results IN!)

Cocodomoco

First let me tell you a little about myself.
I am Cocodomoco but my name is Matt
I first joined this forum in 2007 I was young and loved it.
When i joined my name was Devo20
then it was changed to Cocodomoco
Then Clay Carmine
And now back to Cocodomoco
Anyway every since i joined i wanted to host a large, high prize tournament and now its happening
First we will talk about the idea, rules, and requirements of this contest... Read THEM ALL.
[spoiler=Rules and Requirements]
Rules
-Please no spamming, flamming, trolling.
-All YMC rules apply.
-don't start arguments on the thread.
-be respectful
-listen to me and judges
-In the cards thread do not let anyone know which card is yours. This will cause you to automatically lose 10 points from your round score</p>
-Please try to refrain from putting your name on the card.
-Please follow all these rules. If rules are being constantly broken you may be removed from the contest.

Requirements
-You must be at least a level 2 to join.
-You must be at least a level 3 to judge.
-No donation required or really even needed.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Contest Objective]
-The contest will be 4 rounds.
-THERE WILL BE NO ELIMINATIONS
-The whole contest will take possibly a few weeks however each round will not be given much over a week to be completed.<br />
-The amounts of rounds, theme or thing that must be done for the rounds, and the deadline will be posted once i have judges, contestants, and have discussed with the judges.
-Do not expect something easy
-If you dont participate in a round of the contests you are disqualified.
-Ok so this contest is going to be a no elimination contest. Everyone will participate in every round. Each round you will get a number of points out of 100. This will be an overall rating on the one or all of the cards you may have had to make for that round.
&nbsp;
X/30 OCG
X/30 Balance
X/10 Uniqueness
X/10 Card Name
X/10 Card Art
Then at the end of all the rounds everyone will be given their prize depending on how many total points they have. So you may not do so well one round but you still have a chance to come back.]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Judges]
-Cocodomoco-
-A I X-
-DysonSlinky-
-Scary Face-
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Contestants]
~Lady Tenko: 73~
~Kwisatz-Haderach: 73~
~GoldenDragonSlayer992: 72~
~-Someone-: 66~
~Vector Nightmare: 66~
~Sorin Markov: 65~
~Prime-Ace John: 64~
~JACmaker: 59~
~EPtinYugi 56~
~Rowling: 54~
~Cart Drooper: 53~
~CardCreator123: 52~
~Hikari-Chan: 51~
~Dyson Sphere: 48~
~TechGenusMaster: 0~
~SunKistRebelution: 0~
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Tasks and Deadlines]
-No tasks up yet. Entry deadline is going to be Sunday, January 12, 2013. IF 16 spots fill up before this then we shall begin earlier
-When the rounds begin cards should be submitted via Private Message to me
-When the rounds start i would like to post everyone's cards for each round in a threat in the realistic cards multiple cards section. I will be posting them as anonymous cards until the contest is over but i will not be taking credit for them. This will make it easier because all the cards will be in once place for us to judge and for you guys to look at. Anyone who does not want their cards posted please pm me, if you don't agreement is assumed by you sending your card to me.

Card Thread: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/311191-the-grand-tournament-contestant-cards-anonymous/

[spoiler First Task]

The first task is not going to be very difficult. You are to make a tuner monster that does not have an effect that involves special summoning in any way shape or form. Now this is very general so please try your best to make your card stand out and unique but not too ludicrous. Since this task is easy i am only giving a few days.
Task one will be due January 15, 2014. All submissions must be in by then and sent to me via mail. If everyone's submissions are in before the end date then judging will begin then. So the quicker everyone gets their cards in the quicker this moves along... Good Luck
EDIT: due to problems with YCM the due date has been extended to January 17, 2014
[/spoiler]
[spoiler First Task Results]
YOUR TOTAL SCORE IS DISPLAYED NEXT TO YOUR NAME. for the first round this is just your first round score.
Best Card Art: Card Creator 123 with: Ninja Water Frog
[spoiler=card]
VB4vCz5.jpg
[/spoiler]
Best Card Name: Rowling with: Screamcatcher (i dont think the judges realized it was a demonic dream catcher)
[spoiler=card]
screamcatcher___yugioh_card_by_orejon8-d
[/spoiler]
Most Unique: -Someone- with: Celina, the Star of Miracle
[spoiler=card]
23BRg6b.jpg
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Second Task]
The second task is to make 3 cards. Any 3 cards. It can be any combination of any card types there are. These cards have to work together and their effect must have to do with card spaces. EX: the card space they are in, the card space another monster is in, adjacent card spaces, card spaces across from each other ect...

The rubric for this round will be a little different

X/20 OCG
x/20 Balance
X/20 Uniqueness
X/20 Synergy
X/10 Card Art
X/10 Card Name

Task tue is due Monday January 27th.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=PRIZES]
Here is the good part

The prizes... a totoal of 50,000 points will be given away for this contest.
There will be place prizes and incentive prizes. The judges (besides me) will also be paid for their work.

1st place prize
[spoiler=prize]18,500 points[/spoiler]

2nd place prize
[spoiler=prize]10,000 points[/spoiler]

3rd place prize
[spoiler=prize]5,000 points[/spoiler]

4th place prize
[spoiler=prize]2500 points[/spoiler]

Each round the incentive prizes will be given out.

For each of the 4 rounds 1000 points will be given out for: The best card name, Best card art, and most unique card. The same person may receive multiple prizes.

JUDGES will be paid 1000 points each.[/spoiler]

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'M IN!!! When will we know what kind of cards are requested?

Once i get 2 judges and at least 8 contestants i will set a deadline. probably 3 days after that goal is met. That deadline will be the deadline for everyone else to enter. Then the first round will be put up. The info is in the main post.

Archived