Moon Flower Dragon - Black Rose

300px-MoonFlowerDragonBlackRose-YF07-JP-

Dragon/Synchro/Effect

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Special Summoned OR, when a Level 5 or higher monster is Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field: Target 1 Special Summoned monster your opponent controls; return that target to the hand. You can only use the effect of "Moon Flower Dragon - Black Rose" once per turn.

inb4Azuh. Meet the promo card for 5Ds volume 7. discuss

This awesome IMO. Bounce on Summon is nice. The other bounce doesn't even have to hit the summoned monster, but I don't see TOO much action from Level 5+. 

But anything past the first Summon is just gravy and easy to counter. Doesn't quite do what Black Rose 1 is better at, but this makes some other bouncers look like crap. Also happy to say that this card is nice for shutting out a certain Xyz I despise.

WAIT. SANTA CLAWS. THAT WORKS RIGHT?

So let's follow the patterns:

PP15 gave us Void Ogre Dragoon, manga AFD, and manga Power Tool.

Either right before that or right after it, Stardust Spark Dragon was the next Manga Promo for 5D's.

Then Jeweled Red Dragon Archfiend was the next one.

Then PP16 gives us Dragonecro, Beelze, and manga BFD.

Hmmm, wonder what the next 5D's manga promo is gonna be

Black Rose doesn't appear in any of the chapters that volume covers. Based on current numbers, Volume 7 will finish at Chapter 53, which is currently revealed.

Something completely unrelated.

Just saying I told you two so.

Card's a solid option at the very least.

Somewhere in the universe, a bird just died. Oh well.

My post back then had been joking.

Card seems pretty darn awesome. Just as expected of all the Duel Dragons. Except Blackfeather because Blackfeather's counterpart is stupid, too.

Crow_Crying____by_Rua_Leo_chan.jpg

My post back then had been joking.

Card seems pretty darn awesome. Just as expected of all the Duel Dragons. Except Blackfeather because Blackfeather's counterpart is stupid, too.

Blackfeather also got hit in the nuts with the nerfhammer, which was really stupid in the same set as Beelze. I think they should have built that Black Revenge's effect into it, but whatever.

At least this avoided that fate.

Yeah, it does. That's...That's a bit scary, actually. A free pop every turn for having a certian monster in you hand, that, depending on the deck you're against, being able to bounce the opponent's monsters?
...Hmm.

I would usually bounce the Santa Claws back to my hand for another Tribute. This way, you can also get the non-Special Summoned monsters.

Archived