Should we replace swear words with other words instead of asterisks?

Aix, I'm thinking there's the chance mods are unaffected by the filter, because Mugen also successfully posted uncensored words.

I guess I am bored enough to try to check the list for some of those words, though...the ones that probably should be filtered because they're obviously supposed to be.

Lets test this.

fuck

buttfuck

bitch

bitching

Edit: Ayep, that censors alright.

Doesn't really matter to me, I'll warn you for stars or letters. Regardless if the censor is done away with, there really isn't a reason to be swearing on YCM. Like, really...

I vote for replacing the words instead of censoring. I also vote for a community vote to what these words will be.

Anyone up for this? :3

FUCK YES I'M TIRED OF ALL OF THIS FUCKING POINTLESS MOTHERFUCKING SWEARI-Oh somebody already tried this trick

Damnit

While I agree with Pika, I'll go back to what I said earlier.

If people want to look less intelligent, why not? I don't care if you cuss, or swear, or whatever you want to call it, just know you look as intelligent as a monkey. Now, the ONE time, the ONE time I care about cussing is when you can actually feel an insult. When you can see the absolute hate that lies within said insult, that's when I have an issue. Cuss all you want, just leave other people out of it. Calling people the occasional....word I'm not saying....is often lighthearted, and I find it rather hilarious. Cussing to be rude or offensive is what I have beef with.

I swear like its gone out of style IRL. But i try to keep it off a website like this because i know the site and that some people take offense to it. We have a very diverse community and this isn't the kind of site where we should be saying yes you can swear and if you don't like it get off. Because of the fact that there are some younger members who's parents may not be happy if they saw swearing on a site their child was on, or if it just offends people i think id be in support of this. 

I think we should replace curse words with all their iphone auto corrects.

A simple general list for what absolutely needs to be there is something I can accept.

At the very worst it should let people know that swearing shouldn't be done here.

If people are deliberately trying to bypass the list, they should be warned anyways.

I mean, how many instances are there around here where swearing at all is acceptable?

How often does someone find true idiots that will get stuck up to their guns and ignore arguments?

And how often is swearing the best course of action to take?

Anyways, as a random trivia that's probably unrelated:
The word censored here is "Count" as in counting, not as in the status.

You can guess what word it would sound like, right? Hehe.

The point of posting it? None unless we had a way of knowing just how many innocent kids running around the forum don't actually get any weird vibes from the word the video is NOT saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Wd-Q3F8KM

Archived