[Sakura] Eternal Life Spirit Xerneas

Flash Flyer - Sakura

永生霊 ゼルネアス (Eiseirei Zeruneasu)

pA7R1KL.jpg

1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner Fairy-Type monsters
This card cannot be destroyed by battle with Dragon-Type monsters. When a Fairy-Type monster attacks: It gains 600 ATK during the Damage Step only. Once per turn, you can target 1 monster you control, except this card: It cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card is destroyed (either by battle or a card effect): Return it to the Extra Deck, then target 1 of this card's Synchro Material monsters in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.

So, a little explanation on its effects in the event you're wondering why it has them.

- First effect is an obvious note to Fairy having immunity to Dragons

- ATK gain effect for Fairies is a reference to Xerneas' ability that powers up Fairy moves.

- Giving monsters immunity to battle destruction comes from the Pokedex entries and biology. Also, when it gets killed in battle/by effect (its life ends), it "gives" life again to 1 of the monsters used to summon it.

(If I have time to make them, then Yveltal and Zygarde will also be done.)

Pic is the concept art that was posted prior to XY's release; you should be able to find it on Google Images or something.

Anyway, you know what to do at this point: CnC, rate, etc.

Seeing this makes me want to start making Pop Culture Cards again. Anyway, the card is cleverly done as it does what I think is most important for Pop Culture cards and that is to accurately portray the character it captures. I haven't reviewed or made cards in quite awhile, so I am sorry that I can't offer much criticism, but instead I will offer praise and say that I think what you are doing is great. I look forward to seeing Yveltal and Zygarde

Thanks.

It's not really easy trying to condense as much of the Pokemon in here, while still maintaining some degree of RC quality. I kinda worried that the summoning requirements would be a bit too easy to abuse in certain Decks, but even if it gets destroyed; doesn't hit the grave so no chances of you reviving it again later (have to manually go through the summon process again)

Subject to change, but this is is what I got in mind for the other two.

Yveltal will pretty much have the same ATK/DEF/Level, difficulty of summoning (since it's dual-Type, not sure how I'm going to make the non-Tuner component), given both share the same stat spread. It's definitely going to be DARK however, that much is certain; so Winged-Beast might do for the requirement. And obviously some destruction-esque effect (might take something from Ccaryhua's last one)

Zygarde will definitely be EARTH Dragon with some reversal ability (because of Aura Break).

Archived