Voodoo Shamans [7/7]

Ren✧

huqagy.jpg

Voodoo Shamans

A 6 Card Set

Created by ~Renegade~

Long ago, magic was an obscure tool that was only used by those most daring of individuals. These individuals were called Shamans, and they were said to be able to control the minds of men as well as the forces of nature. The guild-like group of spellcasters lived shrouded in mystery, and eventually faded into the darkness that they had called home for so long. Many thought these magic wielders to be extinct, but current events have proven otherwise. Strange deaths have begun to plague the people. And now a message has been sent:

"Let those that have bastardized the art of witchcraft know that they will be the first feel our vengeance. The Shamans live."

Scy3JA5.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; equip it to this card as an Equip Card. This card's ATK, DEF, and Level are treated as that of the equipped monster as long as it is equipped to this card. Once, during either player's turn, except during the Damage Step, you can activate the following effect:

●Destroy 1 monster equipped to this card; change the Battle Positions of all face-up monsters your opponent controls of the same Type as the destroyed Equip Card.

You can only control 1 face-up "Voodoo Shaman Quake."

0HUmbtE.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; equip it to this card as an Equip Card. This card's ATK, DEF, and Level are treated as that of the equipped monster as long as it is equipped to this card. Once, during either player's turn, except during the Damage Step, you can activate the following effect:

●Destroy 1 monster equipped to this card; destroy 1 face-up monster your opponent controls of the same Type as the destroyed monster. You can take 1000 damage; your opponent must banish, if possible, 1 monster with the same name as the Tributed monster from their hand or Graveyard.

You can only control 1 face-up "Voodoo Shaman Flare."

r53JmrB.jpg
●Destroy 1 monster equipped to this card; target and negate the effects of 1 face-up monster your opponent controls of the same Type as the destroyed monster. 
You can only control 1 face-up "Voodoo Shaman Breeze."

DizDirC.jpg
●Destroy 1 monster equipped to this card; your opponent cannot Synchro, Xyz, or Fusion Summon any monsters using the same Type of monsters as the destroyed monster as a material until their next End Phase.
You can only control 1 face-up "Voodoo Shaman Current."

ub9TcJ2.jpg
You can Ritual Summon this card with "Voodoo Sacrifice Ritual". When this card is Ritual Summoned: You can target up to 2 face-up monsters your opponent controls and equip them to this card; increase this card's ATK by 800 for each monster equipped to it by this effect. Your opponent cannot declare an attack on this card with a monster with the same type as a monster equipped to this card. If this card would be destroyed by an opponent's card effect: You can destroy 1 monster equipped to this card instead. When a monster that is equipped to this card is destroyed: You can destroy 1 face-up monster your opponent controls with the same Type as the destroyed monster. If this card is sent to the Graveyard by an opponent's card: You can add up to 2 "Voodoo Shaman" monsters from your Graveyard to your hand, except "Voodoo Shaman Elder."

QihjhLg.jpg
This card is used to Ritual Summon "Voodoo Shaman Elder." You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or your side of the field with a combined Level equal to or higher than 8. During either player's turn, except for the turn this card is activated, you can banish this card in your Graveyard: Target 1 monster any either player's Graveyard; equip it to a face-up "Voodoo Shaman" monster you control. The equipped monster cannot declare an attack this turn.

p8F7zJK.jpg
During either player's Main Phase: Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster(Spellcaster-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) with the following effect:
If this card is destroyed by an opponent's card: You can Special Summon 1 Level 1 "Voodoo Shaman" monster from your hand or Deck. It is treated as being Normal Summoned.
[hr]

Well I'm back after a short break, and it seems that my skills have gotten rusty once again. As always constructive criticism and OCG help is ALWAYS appreciated and rewarded, lord knows it is needed. :D

First off these things are broken.Anyone can use them as free snatch steal so thats 5x3 copies so now we can run 15 searchable snatch steals :D.Look at this card http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Missing_Force it has many restrictions to use that effect and its only until the end phase and not only that your monsters gain additional effects for stealing the opponents monsters.Not only that but your opponent pretty much cannot do anything about it because you can just chain the second effect to anything they do and keep on stealing anything they put on the board.Also the first effect should be worded differently because right now you take control of the monster and THEN you equip this card to it so if the Voodoo monster is removed from the field while equipped you would still have control of the equipped monster

so i suggest this change :

"When this card is Normal Summoned: You can equip this card to a monster on your opponent's side of the field and treat this card as an Equip Spell Card.While this card is equipped to a monster you take control of the equipped monster."

I could help more but i got to go :P 

First off these things are broken.Anyone can use them as free snatch steal so thats 5x3 copies so now we can run 15 searchable snatch steals :D.Look at this card http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Missing_Force it has many restrictions to use that effect and its only until the end phase and not only that your monsters gain additional effects for stealing the opponents monsters.Not only that but your opponent pretty much cannot do anything about it because you can just chain the second effect to anything they do and keep on stealing anything they put on the board.Also the first effect should be worded differently because right now you take control of the monster and THEN you equip this card to it so if the Voodoo monster is removed from the field while equipped you would still have control of the equipped monster

so i suggest this change :

"When this card is Normal Summoned: You can equip this card to a monster on your opponent's side of the field and treat this card as an Equip Spell Card.While this card is equipped to a monster you take control of the equipped monster."

I could help more but i got to go :P

Gah, like I said, I'm a bit rusty and it seems that I got in over my head when I went about messing with 'snatch and steal' mechanics. Thanks for the feedback, I'll see if there is anything that I can do to balance them out, but I fear that these may be lost to the OP void.

EDIT: Alright, I made some serious corrections and hopefully now they are a bit more acceptable.

I like the concept behind these cards but I agree that their effect to steal an opponent's monster is a bit much. Maybe instead of taking control of the monster the Voodoo Shamans can equip the monsters to themselves. Kind of like turning them into voodoo dolls. This way the you can't take the monsters and use their effects and attack with them. Maybe can also gain ATK or DEF when they have a monster equipped. Here's a sample effect of my suggestion:

When this card is Normal Summoned: you can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; Equip that target as Spell Card to this monster. Once during either player's turn: you can send 1 monster equipped to this card by its effect to the graveyard; change the Battle Position of all face-up monsters your opponent controls of the same Type as the sent monster. You can only control 1 face-up "Voodoo Shaman Quake."

I like the concept behind these cards but I agree that their effect to steal an opponent's monster is a bit much. Maybe instead of taking control of the monster the Voodoo Shamans can equip the monsters to themselves. Kind of like turning them into voodoo dolls. This way the you can't take the monsters and use their effects and attack with them. Maybe can also gain ATK or DEF when they have a monster equipped. Here's a sample effect of my suggestion:

When this card is Normal Summoned: you can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; Equip that target as Spell Card to this monster. Once during either player's turn: you can send 1 monster equipped to this card by its effect to the graveyard; change the Battle Position of all face-up monsters your opponent controls of the same Type as the sent monster. You can only control 1 face-up "Voodoo Shaman Quake."

I was actually already planning a remastered set with similar effects. A few kinks would need to be worked out, but yeah that is where I think these cards are headed. Thanks for the comment!

Alright, the final draft[hopefully] of the cards have been published. Basic edits have been made to each main deck monster, as well as some small corrections to their more individualized effects. A new clause has been added to Elder and I have put a new spin on the Ritual Spell.

Added a Trap Card(mostly because I found the image). It is a stall card as well as a search/summon engine in order to stave off any powerhouses as well as bring out a potential game changer. I fear that it is a bit too powerful. Should I restrict activation of "Voodoo Idol" to once per turn. Or you can only control 1 face-up "Voodoo Idol"

• 2 months later...

Once per turn nerfs Idol more than is needed, I think, but an "only 1..." specification would be fine for it. I do think more Spell/Trap support is needed for the archetype to be cohesive enough to play - at the moment I think it would be a struggle to play even in a hybrid deck, though it's a very good set of core monsters. And Elder would be really hard to Summon without things like Advanced Ritual Art, so at the moment it doesn't feel like its Level quite fits.

Archived