Is it just me or they are adding more and more characters with Protagonist characteristics... First thing, Dennis' Entermage Trapeze Magician is Rank 4 (Yuma, Yuto), ATK 2500, DEF 2000 (Every main char except Yugi)... And now Sawatari's Underworld Troupe - Big Star, Level 7 (every main except Yusei) ATK 2500, DEF probably 2000... and it's name Big Star sounds like it is some kind of performer, like Trapeze Magician or any Performapal... only the effect of UT-BS doesn't sound to me like effect of main character's monster...

maybe it's nothing but i think that Sawatari and Dennis are or will be in some connection.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=thoughts on 49 Subbed]

- Sawatari criticising Gongenzaka on his usage of his monster's effect was amusing "Aren't you using the effect wrong?", it's not like the latter knew what he was doing or anything.

- Sora declares to Yuya that he values victory and his dimension's ambitions over friendship, believing that the destruction upon the Xyz dimension was necessary for their cause, ofc Yuya has differing ideals which is where they clash the most.

- Nevertheless, he still found duels with Yuya exciting, especially after seeing what type of card OERD is.

[/spoiler]

Is it just me or they are adding more and more characters with Protagonist characteristics... First thing, Dennis' Entermage Trapeze Magician is Rank 4 (Yuma, Yuto), ATK 2500, DEF 2000 (Every main char except Yugi)... And now Sawatari's Underworld Troupe - Big Star, Level 7 (every main except Yusei) ATK 2500, DEF probably 2000... and it's name Big Star sounds like it is some kind of performer, like Trapeze Magician or any Performapal... only the effect of UT-BS doesn't sound to me like effect of main character's monster...

maybe it's nothing but i think that Sawatari and Dennis are or will be in some connection.

The Legendary Fisherman III also has 2500/2000, also a very high chance Entermachine Gadget Giant has 2500/2000 as well

Well, it IS quite evident that in ARC-V the writers have learned from the errors of the past and are trying to give all their supporting cast some dignity and importance, even to their sacrifical lambs. Maybe they did that to play on the nakama aspect, like "hey, Yuya is the protagonist but all the people around him are living and important too!".

That said, on to...

[spoiler='Thoughts on the episode']Reira wins with an EARTH Xyz monster (and this was pretty much obvious). When Tatsuya compliments him, he reacts like a real person. Am I still watching YGO? Seriously, just for that adorable "Uh, thanks, I guess" moment he went like 30 places up on my nonexistant ranking.
The duel between Sora and Yuya was good, really. Sure, Yuya topdecking OEPD and the FOUR magicians was a bit of a stretch. Writers, y u no put searchers in? That said, Sora didn't go full screaming psycho on him, and seems to actually believe in Academia's goal. A nice change of pace, and it should kinda calm the people who feared that Sora would just be Vector 2.0. Also, it hints at his possible redemption. Okay, I guess. But if Sora's really gonna desert to the good guys, I want it done really damn well.

Gongenzaka's new cards were a bit bullshit, sadly. Can't have everything, but still... damn.

Also, now that we've seen the Level 6 RRs, I finally understand their real naming theme: Lanius is the name of a genus of small birds of prey, commonly known as shrikes. Not exactly what you'd expect from a deck based on birds of prey, as opposed to some bigger, scarier and more popular birds like hawks and eagles, right? Well, now there's the explanation: only Level 4s are Laniuses, because they're the lightweights of the deck, based around swarming. Meanwhile, Level 5s and Level 6s will probably have a genus name of their own (Level 6's seems to be Vulture). Smart move, writers. This way, it's not just a Rank 4 spam deck, but has access to ranks from 4 to 6. Yeah, they're really like Xyz blackwings, now. Interesting, very interesting and much more clever than I expected.

As for Dennis... hmmm. He always seemed a kind of mercenary to me: he doesn't wear Academia's uniform, unlike Sora or Yuri (who has his custom one) or Serena, and uses also Xyz monsters. I think that guy has some second motives, and if those lead him to betray his former employers, I won't find it so unlikely for him to switch sides.

Sooo, all in all superlative episode, as always. ARC V has never disappointed so far, I really hope it keeps this rhythm.[/spoiler]

Well in addition to British Souls Raw link I present both the new OP and ED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeX3HTgUFg8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt-v-7r5Npk

Well looks like Jack Atlus is a Super Saiyan now with that golden glow.

Also welcome to Neo New Domino City People!

Meanwhile Sherlock Yuya and Dr. Gorgonzola Cheese are solving mysteries with card games.

Wow.. just wow. 

[spoiler=Opening]

• I knew it. I knew I won't like this opening. The visuals are okay, but the song... It's so different from previous two. Give me back Bullettrain.
  • So I guess the upcoming arc is gonna take place in Synchro Dimension. 
  • So um.. Dennis is a Lancer? Okay...?
  • I kinda wanted Yuto to be a Lancer too, but I guess he's still stuck in Yuya's body. I wonder if Yuya will be able to communicate with Yuto like Yugi and Atem could.
  • It seems Yuya vs Yugo will happen.
  • Yuya will still use Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, until we get tired of it.
  • Jack Atlas returns!!!!
  • This arc will be really interesting. Lancers working together in Synchro Dimension. Can't wait.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Ending]
  • Way better than Opening.
  • Scenes are pretty hilarious and interesting.
  • Did Shun.. just smile? The power of Yuto's Egao flashbacks can do amazing things.
[/spoiler]

Looking forward for this arc.

I... dislike the opening/ending a lot. But something I did notice is that the ninja is in them, so it seems like he is going to play some sort of role in this Arc (V).

[spoiler=The Episode]

• Reiji is starting to sound very evil when he speaks.
  • Yuya was also looking a bit evil when he spoke.
  • Yuya almost wrecks Reiji in 2 turns, but Reiji played a trap that stopped it. (Also, when Reiji adds the Pendulum Monster from his deck to his hand, he places in in his hand upside-down)
  • Beast + Rune-Eyes next to each other look cool.
  • Lots of talking, probably of stuff we've heard about before, but explained a bit more.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Thoughts on 50 RAW]

Oh my god, it's mostly a talky episode.

- Reiji sounded a bit evil at various points of the episode

- Initially there was hostility regarding Serena until Reiji stepped in to explain her role here.

- Yuya is still upset/angry after what happened and then initiates a duel with Reiji

- Reiji proceeded to Fusion, Synchro and Xyz in 1 turn (It took two turns to do that in episode 12)

- One of the guys in his hand must've had an effect to fuse stuff in hand. (Whilst the other had a level copying/manipulating eff)

- As Reiji was doing his stuff, Gongenzaka and then Sawatari explained that Reiji is capable of using multiple summoning methods

- Beast-Eyes and Rune-Eyes looks quite cool standing next to each other, and it was nice to see Yuya summon them both in one turn combining his cards' effects

- When they were both summoned, Mieru and Gongenzaka recalled the times when Yuya used those against them.

- As we assumed, Reiji will be using Ragnarok in the next episode

-----

- Yeah, I do think the opening is inferior to Burn!

- Neo Domino City looks quite cool from the looks of things

- The best thing of the opening for me was seeing Jack Atlas and RDA in silhouetted form.

--

- The ending is better than the opening imo, and it is odd (with all them hilarious scenes), but in a good way.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler episode 50 RAW]

Opening: While the song isn't nearly as good as burn, the visuals are amazing. And it looks like we're heading to the synchro dimension. Oh yeah! Dat Jack Atlas. Also, clear wing vs odd eyes rebellion. Seems that blue ninja will be sticking around too.

Episode: The duel was amazing too. Double odd-eyes upgrades in one turn, and Reiji uses all 3 summon types at once.

Serena finally learns what academia did to heartland.

Noone has found Dennis out yet, but he certainly seems terrified of Reiji.

Ending: Meh. seems way too light hearted after the events that have happened, and after future fighters being the previous one. Also, Reira is apparently a lancer. That's cool I guess. [/spoiler]

Untitled.png

Sawatari, stop being amazing please

EDIT: D/D/D Gale Overlord Alexander (anime) has an effect that allow it to destory a monster if it destory a monster by battle, so why didn't Reiji uses that effect during this duel? (he could have win the duel if he uses that effect..)

EDIT: D/D/D Gale Overlord Alexander (anime) has an effect that allow it to destory a monster if it destory a monster by battle, so why didn't Reiji uses that effect during this duel? (he could have win the duel if he uses that effect..)

It seems they changed the anime effect to OCG effect. (Or at least made it more similar)
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/D/D/D_Gale_Overlord_Alexander_(later_anime)

[spoiler='50 RAW']

OP basically confirm next arc would be in synchro dimension

-Yuzu riding yugo's duel runner

-Jack most likely get to play some role, would be lame if he get a flashy scene in OP 

and only appeared as cameo/side character

-Reiji explained he already know about fusion dimension would attack standard, and 

the tournament is to gather army known as lancers

-Shun explain serena the truth about fusion dimension attacks

-Arc V Academia is stronger than its GX counterpart now osiris red army (which is considered loser in GX)

is strong enough to invade another dimension

-Reiji Vs Yuya duel is....suprisingly not interesting....

-ED featuring the lancers including dennis, i hope dennis would completely join the standard side later on...

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spoiler]

I don't get the hate towards the new opening. Sure it isn't as good as the second, but it is also not bad IMO. Though yes the ending is more catchy and its visuals remind me of 5Ds' 5th ending. Which I can't properly find anymore on YouTube.

The Duel was cool so far, but somehow I'm more excited about the idea of watching these new lancers clash with their personalities.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=ep]

I LIKE the new opening. I like it a lot, actually. Plus, the Jack Atlus hype is real. I love how Crow doesn't even appear; The animators know what we REALLY want.

Notice how Reiji came not just with his Duel Disk but with his Duel Disk ON HIS ARM, READY TO GO? I think he was expecting someone (likely Yuya) to get pissed and retaliate.

So cool to see Rune-Eyes again, it's been ages, and with Beast-Eyes as well!

Dennis was NOT outed as a spy, and judging from the opening and ending visuals he won't be for some time. He'll be the mole, working to destroy them from the inside... I love it.

I'm so excited to see more of Sawatari dueling; I love his appearance in the OP, love his character, he's so much fun. Seeing Serena's interactions will be good too; Sawatari already looked like he was suspicious of her, and I loved that moment she had w/Shun.

Mieru does not seem to be sticking around as a Lancer, given her conspicuous absense from the OP; Makes me kind of wonder why they brought her into the Battle Royale in the first place, she's not really done anything other than witness Yuzu and Yugo teleport.

Yuugo seems to be an enemy, not an ally. Kay.

Reiji is acting mighty smug this episode. I'm predicting he'll pull out his "evolution of Pendulums" and win, convincing Yuya to follow him.

This is going to be great.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Episode Thoughts]

Opening/Ending were not as good as the previous ones, but I can say that the visuals are more astounding and I'll get used to the tunes later on. Though, it's pretty awkward seeing how in the episode Yuya was pissed at Reiji because he risked sacrificing his friends and other Lancers in order to combat the Academia invasion. yet the opening implies it's all good, and somehow Ninja bro (who apparently will have some plot relevance after his bro got carded), and Dennis (whom I have no idea what to think about his affiliation) at this point), are part of this thing. Now, all it takes is to see how they're gonna get there. At this point, it makes YGO Arc-V: The Avengers much more sense.

Though Jack Atlas in the opening....so awesome. Guess we're looking mroe towards the Synchro Dimension soon.

Duel was alright, and Yuya went totally all out with the Fusion Dragons I never thought I'd see again til now. At one point Reiji had a pant shitting moment when it was possible Yuya could have won in an instant, but I guess Reiji was surprised at Yuya's resolve so he didn't anticipate he was backed up that far. There's also a lot of exposition here, so there has to be some good explanations why he invited Yuya and Co. to the Lancers, despite looking like a total antagonist the whole time.

So I guess Yuzu is cut out of the equation, and I hear a lot of arguments about Yuzu being no more, I think? But seeing that Yuzu was probably riding the duel runner with Yugo, I get Yuzu was transported with Yugo to the Synchro World, and we'll find out more about the Synchro Dimension and the Synchro Counterpart to Yuzu.

[/spoiler]

I love the visuals on the ending. It looks like a lot of filler episodes in some sort of light-hearted Saturday-Morning Special version of Arc V and I really dig it. I dunno, I just think the idea of seeing all these characters hang out in more casual settings (such as in space) is pretty fun. I'd watch it.

It seems they changed the anime effect to OCG effect. (Or at least made it more similar)
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/D/D/D_Gale_Overlord_Alexander_(later_anime)

Ohh, thats explain alot

Also

[spoiler=Reason why Reiji has 3 cards on his hand instead of 2]So the reason why Reiji has 3 cards on his hand (instead of two) is because D/D/D Caesar the Wave Overlord has its OCG effect (which allow Reiji to add 1 "Covenant" card from your Deck to your hand when it is sent from the field to the graveyard..) I wonder why the writer decides not to show him adding Covenant?[/spoiler]

Reiji, please don't stops changing all of your D/D and Covenant cards into their OCG effect

The new end credits sucks. Future Fighter is so much better :(

[spoiler=]

Yuya grew a pair and a brain when he took a swing at Reiji. What a stud. He should do that more often.

Without subs, I'm getting the impression that Yuya vs. Reiji is pointless, and will end undecided again for maximum pointlessness.

When is Yugioh going to stop the "villain reacting with horror when hero attacks for game only for the smoke to clear and reveal that villain played random card to stop the attack" crap? It lost it's impact 10 years ago. Make up a new cliche you lazy, lazy lazies.

[/spoiler]

Well heres the script for episode 50 (thank DMC3444 in NAC)

[spoiler=script ep 50 ]Last time’s Egao (Smile) Count: 29

Yuuya: The Battle Royale was an exam to select Duel Soldiers…
What’s the meaning of this?
Answer me! Akaba Reiji !
You also know all along that these guys from the Fusion Dimension would show up, don’t you?

Reiji: Yeah. I know.
That’s why I changed the third round of the Junior Youth Class from a tournament format to a city-wide Battle Royale.
I thought that we could drive the enemy away with your abilities.

Yuuya: With our abilities?
Why didn’t you use the Pro or the Youth Class,
But us, who are still just Junior Youths?

SAWATARI-SAN: The Youth Class did put up a fight…
But aside from one survivor,
They were all annihilated.

GONGENZAKA: Annihilated?

SAWATARI-SAN: That’s why I was sent here.

Reiji: Just as I anticipated,
You guys successfully repelled Academia’s forces.
Truly, you guys showed skills worthy of the name “Lancers”!
The Duel Soldiers who can fight against Academia!

Yuuya: Cut the bullcrap!
Screw you and your Lancers “exam”!
Because of that, Michio…
Teppei…and others were turned into cards!
Even Yuzu…

Mieru: Darling…

(Opening Sequence)

Yuuya: Because of you, everyone was…
Yuzu was…!

Serena: It’s not his fault.
If Yuzu was attacked by Academia,
Then it’s probably my fault.

GONGENZAKA: Why are you blaming yourself?
And just who are you, to begin with?

Serena: My name is Serena.
I’m a Duelist of Academia.

GONGENZAKA: What?

SAWATARI-SAN: Academia?
Then aren’t you an enemy?

Dennis: Ahh…
Who thought that she’d actually admit it?
I was planning to bring her back to Academia…
But right now, it would be a bit too difficult.

SAWATARI-SAN: Why is an enemy here?
Not to mention she looks like Hiiragi Yuzu,
You’re a spy, aren’t you?
You disguised yourself as Yuzu so that you could spy on us, didn’t you?
That has to be it!

SAWATARI-SAN: Hey! Get out of my way!
Are you siding with the enemy?

Tsukikage: I have to honor the contract with my client.

SAWATARI-SAN: Hah? And who is your client?

Reiji: Serena is not a spy.
She just ran away from Academia.

Serena: That is correct.
That’s why the Obelisk Force was sent to capture me.
I’m sure they must have mistaken Yuzu for me.

GONGENZAKA: Mistaken?

Mieru: So, you exchanged clothes with her, but for what reason?

Serena: So that…
I can meet up with Kurosaki.

Yuuya: What?

Serena: Yuzu told me to meet up with him,
So that I can ask him directly about what happened to the Xyz Dimension.
That’s why she acted as a decoy, in order to attract the attention of the Obelisk Force.

Yuuya: No way…

Reiji: I see… That’s what happened.
You guys managed to win and survive.
What we need right now is your strength!
Instead of mourning for those who had fallen,
You should be proud of the fact that
You managed to triumph over strong adversaries.

Yuuya: Shut up! What is there to be proud of?
If you didn’t make us fight…
Bring Yuzu and everyone back!

Reiji: If you’re a Duelist,
You should express your anger not with your fists,
But with your Dueling!

Yuuya: Let’s do it, then!
On behalf of Yuzu and other people who were turned into cards,
I will make you repent what you did!

Reiji: Okay, then. If I lose,
I can guarantee you that I will repent my deeds
Until you are satisfied.

Himika: What is Reiji-san doing over there?

Reiji: You guys are still unaware of the scope of your mission.
Why am I so determined to create the Lancers?
Because we have to prevent a tragedy like that of the Xyz Dimension from happening to our city.
Action Field, on!
Future City, Heartland, activate!

Serena: Heartland? The one from the Xyz Dimension?

Kurosaki: That’s right.
My… No, our…
Our hometown!

Reiji: Kurosaki, honor the wish of Hiiragi Yuzu, and tell us
What happened to the Xyz Dimension.

Kurosaki: ………

Reiji: You’re so ashamed that you couldn’t say anything?
Then I’ll tell them.
The Academia forces from the Fusion Dimension who attacked you
During the Battle Royale…

Yuuya: Stop it!
Please…

Mieru: Darling!

GONGENZAKA: Yuuya!

Reiji: Before they came to this city…

Yuuya: Stop it…

Reiji: They had already been to the Xyz Dimension and…

Yuuya: Stop it!
Just stop talking!
I will kick your ass right now,
And make you repent what you did!

DUEL!

Yuuya: Using the Scale-4 Entermate Trump Witch and the Scale-8 Creation Magician, I set the Pendulum Scale.
With this, I can simultaneously summon monsters from Level 5-7.
Swing, Pendulum of the Soul!
Draw an arc of light across the ether!
Pendulum Summon!
Arrive, my monsters!
Stargazer Magician!
And Entermate Mammosplash!

Dennis: Pendulum Summoning right off the bat…
He’s really fired up, isn’t he?

Yuuya: I end my turn with this!

Kurosaki: What did Hiiragi Yuzu tell you?
What would a person from Academia want to know?

Reiji: It’s my turn! Draw!
Due to the effect of the D/D Swirlal Slime in my hand,
I can fuse this card and D/D Baphomet from my hand!
Protean arcane vortex,
Engulf the grotesque gods,
Make them one now,
And give birth to a new ruler!
Fusion Summon!
Be born! D/D/D Temujin the Blaze Overlord!

GONGENZAKA: Temujin.
He used that Fusion Monster in their previous battle!

Mieru: Huh? Darling has fought against Akaba Reiji before?

GONGENZAKA: Yeah. At You Show School.

Dennis: Who won that time?

GONGENZAKA: It was interrupted before it could be resolved.
However, if that Duel had gone on a bit longer…

Reiji: Furthermore, I summon the Tuner Monster, D/D Night Howling, from my hand!

Mieru: Huh?

Dennis: A Tuner Monster?

GONGENZAKA: That’s right. Fusion Summoning is not the only thing he uses.

Reiji: When this card is successfully summoned,
I can Special Summon a D/D monster from my graveyard, but its ATK will be reduced to 0.
Be reborn! D/D Baphomet!
I tune the Level-4 D/D Baphomet with the Level-3 D/D Night Howling!
Scream that tears up the dark night,
Obtain the speed of the gale,
And become the shout of a new ruler!
Synchro Summon!
Be born! Level-7! D/D/D Alexander the Gale Overlord!

Dennis: Amazing…Even Synchro Summoning…

Reiji: Due to D/D/D Temujin the Blaze Overlord’s effect,
When a D/D monster besides this card is Special Summoned,
I can Special Summon a D/D monster from my graveyard!
Be reborn! D/D Swirlal Slime!
Then, I activate the effect of Alexander the Gale Overlord.
When a D/D monster is Special Summoned,
I can Special Summon a Level-4 or lower D/D monster from my graveyard!
Be reborn once again! D/D Baphomet!
With D/D Baphomet’s effect, I can double D/D Swirlal Slime’s Level!

GONGENZAKA: Now he has two Level-4 monsters…

Dennis: Don’t tell me…
Besides Fusion and Synchro, he can also…

Reiji: I Overlay the Level-4 D/D Swirlal Slime and D/D Baphomet!
In order to subjugate everything in this world,
Descend onto the peak of this world now!
Xyz Summon!
Be born! Rank-4! Caesar the Wave Overlord!

Dennis: Fusion…Synchro…And even Xyz…

SAWATARI-SAN: You didn’t know that, even though you’re an LDS student?
Akaba Reiji is pretty famous for being able to freely manipulate the three Summoning methods.

Dennis: You knew about that?

SAWATARI-SAN: Well, this is the first time I see it first-hand.

Yuuya: It’s not just three methods.
Akaba Reiji can also use Pendulum.

SAWATARI-SAN: I already know about that!

Yuuya: And probably…even beyond that.

SAWATARI-SAN: Beyond that?

Kurosaki: You came here to fight me…right?

Serena: Correct.
If I defeat the Xyz remnant in Standard,
I can demonstrate my abilities to the Professor…
To Akaba Leo, who doesn’t want to send me to the battlefield.
That’s what I thought when I came to this dimension.
However…

(Card Game Commercial. Brb)

Serena: I thought that Academia was serving a just cause
Since they’ve been fighting against the other dimensions to unite the worlds.
I thought that they were proud warriors who faithfully serve their duties.
However…
Yuzu told me that my friends were serving anything but a just cause in the Xyz Dimension…
She told me that they were preying on civilians while gleefully laughing
As if they were carrying out a Hunting Game…
Is what Yuzu told me true?

Kurosaki: It’s true.
They kept hunting down defenseless citizens as if it were a game.

Reiji: Battle!
I attack the Defense Position Stargazer Magician with D/D/D Alexander the Gale Overlord!
I’ll also attack the Defense Position Mammosplash with D/D/D Caesar the Wave Overlord!
Then, I attack you directly with D/D/D Temujin the Blaze Overlord!

Kurosaki: Even now, their grinning faces…and their laughters,
Are forever burned into my eyes and ears.
It’s something that I can never forget.

Himika: As expected from Reiji-san,
With this, his opponent’s field is empty,
And even his Life is halved.

Reiji: I set a card facedown and end my turn!
Perhaps you have already foreseen this development?

Himika: Huh?

Reiji: “The real show starts now.”
That’s what you were thinking, no?
You have already discovered what lies beyond the Pendulum.
Now then, show it to me!
The new power that you obtained!

Yuuya: Nothing escapes your eyes, huh?
As expected from a genius Duelist.
Akaba Reiji…
Tell me, did you also predict the outcome of the Battle Royale with
That brain of yours?
How many people would be annihilated…
How many people would survive…
Are you happy now that everything happened just as you predicted?

We’re not your puppets!
Michio and Teppei…
And others who were turned into cards…
They’re all humans who have feelings!
Even Yuzu…

Mieru: Darling…

Yuuya: Yuzu has always been by my side…
She always encourages me…
Even when people were making fun of me and bullying me because of my dad,
She’s never abandoned me!
Because Yuzu was always there for me, I…
I was able to find what lies beyond the Pendulum,
Because Yuzu tried her best to become stronger.
That’s why, I will also…
It’s my turn!
Using the Scale set by Trump Witch and Creation Magician,
I Pendulum Summon!
Be reborn from the Extra Deck!
Stargazer Magician!
Likewise, Entermate Mammosplash!
Then, from my hand, Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon!
I activate Mammosplash’s effect! When this card is used as a Material,
I can Fusion Summon without a Fusion Spell Card!
However, Mammosplash will be banished.
I will fuse Entermate Mammosplash and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon together!
Dragon with dual-colored eyes,
Bathe in the light with the magnificent beast,
And give birth to a new power!
Fusion Summon!
Come forth! Ferocious dragon bearing beast-like eyes!
Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon!

GONGENZAKA: OH!
That Fusion Dragon first showed up when he dueled against me!

Yuuya: I activate Stargazer Magician’s monster effect!
When a Pendulum Monster leaves the field,
I can Special Summon it!
Return! Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon!
Then, I activate the Pendulum Effect of Entermate Trump Witch!
Once per turn, I can Fusion Summon with the monsters on my field!
I fuse Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon and Stargazer Magician together!
Magician who possesses mystic magic,
Become a dazzling light,
And be absorbed into the dragon’s eyes!
Fusion Summon!
Come forth! Arcane dragon who wields mystic arts,
Rune-Eyes Pendulum Dragon!

Mieru: Now it’s the Fusion Dragon that he used when he dueled me.

Yuuya: Beast-Eyes, and Rune-Eyes,
They’re both monsters that I was able to summon because of the hints from Yuzu.
She wants to win against LDS,
So she got Sora to…

Yuuya: Special Training? With Yuzu? In this place?

Sora: Yep. Yuzu wants to make sure that the next time…
Ah. Could it be that you don’t want to tell Yuuya that you’re learning Fusion from me?

Yuuya: Yuzu is learning Fusion?

Reiji: Oh….
From Shiunin Sora…
Even though she did not know at that time,
She still did learn Fusion Summoning from an Academia Duelist.

Yuuya: You knew that Sora was from Academia all along?

Reiji: Yeah. His Summon Energy is much more extraordinary than that of LDS’ Duelists.
I see. His influence has also reached you…
It probably prompted you to discover the power to summon your new Dragons.

Yuuya: Sora’s power was passed down from Yuzu to me?
So you’re saying that I was able to Summon Beast-Eyes and Rune-Eyes because they’re born from Academia’s power?

Reiji: That’s just a theory.
We don’t have any proof yet.

Yuuya: I was moved by Yuzu’s desire to become stronger and win against LDS…
That’s why I will beat you no matter what it takes!
When Rune-Eyes Pendulum Dragon is Summoned with Stargazer Magician as a Material,
It can attack 3 times!
Go! Battle! Rune-Eyes!
Attack Temujin the Blaze Overlord, Alexander the Gale Overlord, and Caesar the Wave Overlord!
Relentless Shining Burst!

Serena: Then, your younger sister being kidnapped is also…

Kurosaki: It’s the truth.
However, why do you resemble Ruri so much?

Yuuya: You’re finished!
Get him! Beast-Eyes!
Hell Dive Burst!

Mieru: Reiji’s life is 1900!

GONGENZAKA: If he takes Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon’s 3000 ATK directly, he will be finished!

Mieru: Hah?

Reiji: I activated the Trap Card that I set. D/D/D Contract Modification.
I banish the D/D/D monster with the highest ATK in my graveyard,
And negate any damage inflicted to me.

Mieru: No way…

GONGENZAKA: Yuuya!

Yuuya: Damn it!

Reiji: Then, I can add a Level-4 or lower D/D Pendulum Monster from my deck to my hand.
I know too well that your process of finding the road from Pendulum to Fusion is strongly influenced by your feelings toward Hiiragi Yuzu.
However…Even if you can evolve with only strong feelings,
You cannot win a Duel!

Yuuya: Huh?

Reiji: The Lancers are a combat unit destined to fight against Academia.
If you drop your guards in a real battle,
It will cost you your life! Remember that!

Yuuya: I’m not planning to become a Lancer!

Reiji: So you don’t want to save Hiiragi Yuzu?

Yuuya: Yuzu survives?

Serena: She was not captured by the Obelisk Force?
You saw what happened, didn’t you?

Dennis: Heh?
Don’t tell me…
He saw Yuuri taking her away?
Then, he also knows my identity…

Reiji: Well then, end your turn.
It’s my turn to get serious.
If you want to defeat Academia and save Hiiragi Yuzu,
You have to surpass me first!

Current Egao’s Count: 29

(Preview for Episode 51)

Yuuya: So you’re saying that Yuzu is still out there?
Answer me!
Akaba Reiji!
Next time on Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V:
Raise the Banner of Revolution – Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon
The fun has just begun![/spoiler]

Also this image is from the 5d manga writer

PWUIEzP.jpg

(this is basically to congratulate on the return of Jack and Crow in the anime, in the image above Jack is bragging about him and Crow getting to appear in ARC-V, and Yusei wonders why he's the only one who won't be appearing, poor Yusei..)

Yeah, poor Yusei. (I guess that he's not coming back because he technically had all of 5D's to be amazing)

Too bad no Rua/Ruka; they'd probably feel just as bad as him right now [and Aki; oh wait, she had some screentime too]

[spoiler=50 thoughts]

So Sawatari/Reiji reveal everything to them; needless to say Yuya got pissed off and tried to attack Reiji.

(I was honestly hoping that Reiji's grab of Yuya ended up with him on the ground in a submission hold; but that's probably me after learning stuff like that for self-defense lately.)

Reiji deliberately picked the Heartland field, didn't he? Shun definitely showed some discomfort with seeing it again.

Serena/Shun have that conversation, and confirm Yuzu didn't get sealed into a card.

In terms of Reiji, his stuff changed to OCG things rather than anime (but he did summon the original 3).

Writers, please be consistent with effects in the future. If you wanted to do them like the OCG, then you should've did it the first time [or Konami, stop nerfing stuff].

Then again, I wanted to see D'Arc and stuff.

Maybe next episode.

Yuya summons his Fusion dragons again.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Opening/Ending]

Not really moved by the opening to be honest; although Jack Atlas at the end made up for it somewhat.

RDA much?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibHU7K2mnVg

Ending was funny; Reiji's a card dealer and the chosen Lancers are cards.

Looks like Hikage will have more of a role in the coming days; this will be interesting.

Lack of Crow cameo makes me sad though.

[/spoiler]

Archived