"Finished/Fixed Cards" Subforum for RC Section

Darj

My suggestion is to create subforums, one in Single Cards, and another in Multiple Cards, where cards/sets that have been already fixed and/or reviewed by the community could be moved. Not only this would be a great way of sorting the cards that have already been reviewed and those that still need work/fixes/reviews/etc., but also new users could visit those subforums to look at more examples of finished, well-designed cards before deciding to post their own.

I'm not sure if written cards should be moved to those subforum as well, but I guess the thread tittle could be tagged with "[Written]" when moving the thread in.

If I am not mistaken, there already was a subforum for finished Sets before, but I can't remember when nor why was it removed.

That would be a good idea, though would require the mods (particularly Zex, since he runs that area) to filter stuff from back from YCM's beginning.

I do recall a finished set area was around before I took a break.

Though Toyoko's guide should give a good idea of what's expected.

Examples would do the job better for someone who isn't a complete newcomer. I personally would actually like to see one.

A Hall of Fame thread would be fine too, but I would prefer a subforum where threads with finished cards can be moved to by a Mod.

Now, as a "quality control" process for accepting finished cards, I'm thinking that after a card has been properly fixed or rated as good/great/awesome/etc. (for those who use x/10 ratings, 8/10 or higher) by the community, perhaps by a minimum of 3 YCM members with proven knowledge on the game, the creator of the card could declare that he/she is done with the card and/or is not taking any more suggestions, then type "[Finished]" or any other key word at the end of the thread title, and wait for a Mod to move the thread to the subforum.

That should make it easier for the Mod, who can just simply check those threads with "[Finished]" in their titles to confirm if they have been properly fixed or reviewed before moving them.

• 2 months later...

bump

Because the Hall of Fame didn't work and in my opinion it was executed poorly with the "nominate a card here and x members will review it" mechanic, how about going for a subsection instead where the threads of good cards can simply be moved to, and establish a quality control process similar to the one described above?

Archived