[Sakura] Destruction Incarnate Yveltal

Flash Flyer - Sakura

破壊化身イベルタル (Hakaikeshin Iberutaru)

bxX6EjD.jpg

1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner Winged Beast-Type monsters
When a Winged Beast-Type monster attacks: It gains 600 ATK during the Damage Step only. Once per turn, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls: Destroy that target; gain Life Points equal to its Level or Rank x 200 points. When this card is destroyed (either by battle or a card effect): Return it to the Extra Deck, then destroy all monsters on the field.

If you remember that I made a Xerneas a while back, which can be found here, then this is its counterpart. (I will do Zygarde later on, provided there is a suitable pic)

Just like its counterpart, effects are based off of Yveltal's abilities/typing within the Pokemon games. Since it's known as the Destruction Pokemon, its effects revolve around destroying things (its LP gain effect is a reference to its biology that mentions its absorbing the life force of all around it). Last effect is a somewhat modified version of Ccarayhua, except it only kills monsters but only has to be killed (how you do it is irrelevant).

You can find the pic around the internet, but here you go: http://playeressence.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Yveltal-Official-Illustration_300dpi.jpg

Anyway, rate/love/hate/CnC/fix OCG, etc.

Good reviews get a rep.

Unfortunately, I'm not equipped to be a top-of-the-line critic on Yugioh cards, having not had a chance to play the game in years, but for what it's worth, I think it's a real creative attempt. Based on the kind of criticisms I have sen around, I might say that this card's effects are a little overpowered, especially it's death effect, but I also say that when making a card based on a character, always better to do the character's power/traits justice than make a so-called balanced card. So I like it.

Yeah.

This is Pop Culture, so the usual RC standards are relaxed a bit here (though I did try to keep some degree of that in here, given most of my cards are in that section).

The destruction effect does reflect its game abilities (and as I mentioned, it borrows Ccarayhua's effect of destroying cards on the field upon destruction [to some degree]). As for its first effect, I should add a restriction on it (can't attack after it uses its effect).

Since it's a DARK Winged Beast, a couple of real Decks could find some use for this card (BWs could get this out in 1-2 turns).

But thank you for the comment.

Thanks for the comments.

Yes, it only increases your LP, not damages like 61 or whatever cards that kill a monster + burn opponent.

While there is the possibility of you gaining 2000 LP from nuking a Rank/Level 10 monster, they're already difficult to bring out (and/or require some dedication to get out in first place). But the LP amount is still high. (This is what happens when you try to make a Pop Culture card using RC standards + meta)

Archived