[Finished]Video Game Minds

deck1125

Care to give reasons why you thought TF's card should've won as opposed to the rest of us? (Did you feel his card was more balanced? More realistic to the character it's based off of?)

It is standard in contests to give your judgment when selecting a winner, otherwise this will end up as a repeat of a certain member's one.

(Since there weren't any prizes, guess I shouldn't be as harsh about it. Not upset over losing, but it would do the rest of us a favor if you explain your reasoning.)

1st off, I was going to pick that Xerneas card but I just didn't like the artwork as much.

2nd off, The effect of the card was really nice compared to the Xerneas card.

3rd off, What Sakura Haruno said made me feel bad so just didn't even brother pickin his.

So guys, if you want to join anymore of my contest I have another contest up and running right now! Its called Lost Tapes; Yugioh so go ahead and check that out. 

I apologize for being harsh about it, but you do need to explain your reasoning. What I had in parentheses are some common things to consider when judging cards. 

If you continue to have this kind of mentality, this will end up like another member's contest in the past and will escalate to a four-page war over it. Choosing not to vote for a card just because its creator simply asked you to clarify your reasoning is not an excuse.

With that said, I believe I shall take my leave from future contests hosted by you.

[Mods, could we have this locked before it escalates to such a point?]

Really? Interesting surprise with NOISE not being a monster type.

Regardless, I enjoyed making a synchro, which I dont usually do.

New types are being made all the time... Regardless, the NOISE thing doesn't have much to do with game-play... It's more like how Toon is. NOISE has to do with the storyline the cards are from (a RP and possibly a Fanfic) and the actual game itself.

New types are being made all the time... Regardless, the NOISE thing doesn't have much to do with game-play... It's more like how Toon is. NOISE has to do with the storyline the cards are from (a RP and possibly a Fanfic) and the actual game itself.

The idea of contests is to make realistic cards, most typically. Making up new types is not realistic. All I was saying was because it had a new type it was a surprise (at the time) to see it win, with no offense to the card itself or its creator.

EDIT: The NOISE thing also does have to do with gameplay because it specifies involving NOISE monsters in its effect.

The idea of contests is to make realistic cards, most typically. Making up new types is not realistic. All I was saying was because it had a new type it was a surprise (at the time) to see it win, with no offense to the card itself or its creator.

EDIT: The NOISE thing also does have to do with gameplay because it specifies involving NOISE monsters in its effect.

For that specifically, it would affect game-play. But as far as this set has gone, this is the only one as of yet that mentions NOISE in the effect. But where does it say that making a new Monster type is not realistic? Wouldn't that also mean that new Toon monsters cannot be realistic?

Also, the idea of NOISE is from the anime/games itself, and cannot be translated into a card properly otherwise as it is not a name, it doesn't affect the monster type (a warrior is still a warrior) but it has to do with being infected which changes the card althogether. Very much like Toons, and again, it also has to do with a story being written and an RP I'm in.

For that specifically, it would affect game-play. But as far as this set has gone, this is the only one as of yet that mentions NOISE in the effect. But where does it say that making a new Monster type is not realistic? Wouldn't that also mean that new Toon monsters cannot be realistic?

Also, the idea of NOISE is from the anime/games itself, and cannot be translated into a card properly otherwise as it is not a name, it doesn't affect the monster type (a warrior is still a warrior) but it has to do with being infected which changes the card althogether. Very much like Toons, and again, it also has to do with a story being written and an RP I'm in.

Making a Toon monster is not the same as making a new monster type. Where you got that idea is beyond me.

Every topic in RC that has made a new type has said it isnt realistic. Contests are usually expected to be true of that as well.

I know where NOISE comes from.

Im fine with making new types of monsters for your RP, or in Any Other Card, all I was saying was this is a contest, not your RP, and I expected it to not encourage unrealistic cards.

If you feel you need to/it is worth it trying to attack my opinions any further I would encourage doing so in PM form, as technically this topic should be closed anyway and this argument over something very stupid is growing into a flame war at an alarming rate.

Archived