[Sakura] Elemental HERO Flower Valkyria

Flash Flyer - Sakura

3jUCMhh.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Elemental HERO" monsters
If your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card: You can banish 1 "Elemental HERO" monster from your Graveyard; negate that card, and if you do, banish it. You can only use this effect of "Elemental HERO Flower Valkyria" once per turn. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can target up to 2 cards in your opponent's Graveyard; banish those targets, then if a monster was banished by this effect, inflict 400 damage to your opponent.

As you probably guessed from the card name, it's another monster for an already large but old Archetype, though it's more adapted to deal with stuff brought in from 5Ds/ZEXAL (TBH, I still play them but in a hybrid variant).

In terms of usage, it pretty much acts like a banishing variant of Dark Bribe or whatever cards that negate S/T nowadays (also good for fueling The Shining decks). Second effect is essentially Kycoo, except it does slight burn if you banish monsters.

(A ruling note, if you banish 2 monsters, opponent only takes 400 damage total; NOT for each monster you take out by its effect)

Picture isn't really something that would be considered as an E-HERO, but ignore that and focus on the effect.

If you guys want it though for your own works, here (it isn't mine though): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/rakusu_klein/hana3.jpg

Anyway, CnC/love/hate/etc.

Keep in mind that the Advanced Clause will be enforced. So if you review, please make sure you give adequate evidence to why something should be edited.

As usual, good CnC and reviews shall be repped.

I just don't understand why you made this a Synchro Hero Monster have and probably always will be Fusion Monsters but now to the card review. I have no idea what the advanced clause if but I will try my best to review it to the best of my ability.

The first effect I feel is very fair since it still dies to Warning and can be chained down and like you said since you banished it it does fuel Shining but I would have rather seen this on an XYZ Monster which since Hero's have so many Level 4 Monsters would have been a better choice I believe for an effect like this and would be the more natural choice for Hero's to go.

The second effect is gravy though I wish that when it attacked you could activate this effect so it would still trigger if anything happened after it attacked, second Mirror,Prison, etc. 

Overall I like this card but would I change my deck to fit either Synchros or E-Heroes...I would say....no sorry but no it takes away a bit of the consistency that comes from an E-Heroes Deck Fusion's and XYZ adding in Synchro would be too inconsistency to be playable on a major level. Overall as a stand alone card 7.5/10, Considering E-Heroes builds 5/10. I still like this card a lot though no offense I could be completely wrong here but this is just my opinion.

The reason this is a Synchro monster is because the original Fusion ones are slow to get out. It also is a Semi-Nomi, so in the event this gets killed, you can still revive it. (IMO, the main flaw for them is once one of the Fusions die, b/c of said clause, that's one resource gone)

As for the Xyz part, yes it would be faster to summon this card using just 2 Level 4 monsters and not need to worry about whether you have a Tuner or not. However, keep in mind that Xyz effects are limited by their overlay units (Xyz Materials if you prefer to stay accurate to how the card game addresses them).

The banish part does allow you to take away Spell/Trap cards from your opponent's Graveyard (so if your opponent likes to recycle resources, you could strip them in the grave before it happens); though it does backfire against certain Decks. As for your situation of blocking another Mirror Force (you do realize that's at 1) or something like Prison, you can still use the first effect to deal with it, provided you didn't already negate something earlier (or have your own backrow or another monster effect take care of it).

I debated on not having the OPT clause as the last effect, but then that would make this card a repeatable Judgment or something along those lines (even though it's limited by the number of HEROs in its controller's grave), and will fuel Shining A LOT.

As for the Advanced Clause, it might help if you read the announcement at the top of this forum.

Think about it this way most E-Heroes Deck only run Bubble Man and Neos Alius thats only E-Heroes in the Main Deck with support to get them on the field quickly so I will like the OPT clause is not needed unless you would be running some kind of Junk build but with them all being Level 4 it is hard to imagine that type of build being playing as well so favor getting rid of the OPT clause to make it stronger.

Alius is run, yes, because it has 1900 ATK to work with and fuels Shining or something else.

Bubbleman, unless you run a Jaden fanboy Deck, I don't see it often; not with its 800/1200 stats and you need to clear your hand first.

Though I did check on Decks that are using it (some guy won championships with it, so point taken), but some HERO decks do run more than those, like this one: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/312315-e-hero-beat/. Going off-topic a bit in here.

There are HEROs that aren't Level 4 and can pull this off, but the main stuff falls under said category (hypothetically, you could go into Gaia then summon some Level 2 Tuner and synch into this). Or using said Level 4s, you can just use a Level 4 Tuner to get it out (there's a couple that work with HEROs b/c of their Warrior typing and so forth). I doubt Konami will add any more support for them so they can survive in the later eras, as to make this card easier to summon as it is now.

As for the OPT, I'll take it off since I really don't see pulling 2 copies of this out at once, though that was as a safeguard

The first effect is screaming for abuse. We never know when Konami might release, let's say, a watered down version of Stratos that only triggers when it is Normal Summoned, and then HEROes would gain a boost in both speed and monster count, and this card would become a problem. You could also resort to Prisma for setting the grave up faster for this effect. I would put an OPT clause, just to be safe.

The second effect is fine in my opinion, and is conveniently supported by the first effect, which can negte a S/T that would otherwise stop this card from destroying a monster.

OCG fix:

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Elemental HERO" monsters
If your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card: You can banish 1 "Elemental HERO" monster from your Graveyard; negate that card, and if you do, banish it. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can target up to 2 cards in your opponent's Graveyard; banish those targets, then if a monster was banished by this effect, your opponent takes 400 damage.

I knew I was right in making an OPT clause to begin with. Why I listened to the other member and removed it is beyond me (probably preoccupied with other stuff), but I added it back anyway. (Think I justified that clause addition the first time around)

OCG is fixed as well; hopefully I did it correctly.

Thank you for the fixes and CnC. + repped

OK now think about on average how many E-Heroes are in the graveyard in a solid E Heroes deck 1 or 2 since most people only run Miracle Fusion/Fusion Field Spell (but mostly Miracle Fusion) since Future Fusion is banned which banishes those cards. So honestly and I play E-Heroes have never had more than 3 in my grave at one time and when I did I was losing badly that was way I said you didn't need it since the amount of resources you would have to play this is HUGE plus it still can be ran over plus if you banish too many cards you stop yourself from even using Shining  

I understand. Currently HEROes barely keep a decent number of HEROes in the grave so it's not like you will be spamming this card's first effect; as you mention, at most you will have 1~3 spare HEROes to banish while still leaving enough materials for Miracle Fusion; and even then, negating and banishing 3 S/Ts is a lot. But the issue here is that without an OPT clause, the card is prone of becoming overpowered if Konami were to release HERO support.

Anyways, I was thinking on the card's last effect, and I believe a better OCG would be:

your opponent takes 400 damage. --> inflict 400 damage to your opponent.

Also, the OPT clause is incomplete. It should be:

You can only use this effect of "Elemental HERO Flower Valkyria" once per turn.

It's actually not that much of a game-breaking card, Voltex.
Mostly, because while the negation is cool and all, it's also rather counterproductive. I mean, it's not like Shining in the sense that Miracle Fusion just lets you recover whatever you Banished, or something like Absolute Zero to which it becomes a monster nuke. So upon Banishing stuff from your Graveyard, except by Miracle, your also limiting your own Miracle Plays in the process.

I just don't understand why you made this a Synchro Hero Monster-

There's nothing wrong with making a monster that's a little 'outside the box' from it's matching Archetype.
Hell, Mecha Phantom Beasts were all Rank 7 spammer at first, but upon gaining a Tuner(or two), they were also given a Synchro.
Point is, nothing is truly set in stone.

It is true that it is not game-breaking right now, but what if Konami suddenly gives us, let's say, a HERO who somehow makes setting the grave up much easier? Then, not having enough fuel for this card wouldn't be a problem anymore. Or why wait for such card? You could build a deck dedicated to milling HEROes (Prisma, Armageddon, LS engine, etc., even Raiden would be a proper Tuner for this card), Summon this and stop pretty much all the S/Ts of your opponent.

The point is that without an OPT the card has the potential of being abused, either by gimicky decks or future releases.

It is true that it is not game-breaking right now, but what if Konami suddenly gives us, let's say, a HERO who somehow makes setting the grave up much easier?

No. Just no.
You can't throw caution to the wind like that, when comparing custom made cards to the current cardpool/etc.
And it already has a Once-per-turn clause on it, so...

Also, if anything, you would have mentioned Paralell World Fusion.
which, btw, is also counterproductive.

I understand. Currently HEROes barely keep a decent number of HEROes in the grave so it's not like you will be spamming this card's first effect; as you mention, at most you will have 1~3 spare HEROes to banish while still leaving enough materials for Miracle Fusion; and even then, negating and banishing 3 S/Ts is a lot. But the issue here is that without an OPT clause, the card is prone of becoming overpowered if Konami were to release HERO support.

Anyways, I was thinking on the card's last effect, and I believe a better OCG would be:

your opponent takes 400 damage. --> inflict 400 damage to your opponent.

Also, the OPT clause is incomplete. It should be:

You can only use this effect of "Elemental HERO Flower Valkyria" once per turn.

I only want to limit that S/T negating effect, second effect should be fine since you usually attack only once with each monster. That part is fixed.

Armz is right about this being a Synchro HERO instead of joining the whatever-number of Fusions that are characteristic of them, nothing wrong with it. Heck, people might start to do Pendulum HEROs with release of the new anime/card type or Xyz one before ZEXAL goes. Mecha Phantom Beasts got a Synchro after a while, Vylons turned to Xyz after DT06 with Disigma and so on.

I don't foresee Konami releasing any more HEROs since those were mostly associated with Jaden from GX and both the anime/manga have been finished for some time now, though they might surprise us.

There is nothing wrong yes but it just makes more sense to have XYZ over Synchros,

Flavor wise XYZ have the space background and since Neos and friends are from space it would make more sense for an XYZ over a Synchro.

Most E-Heroes are 4 Star monsters so to me at least I feel that they were to get any more support it would come in the form as Swarm Support and Xyz's then recovery into Synchro.

Theoretically, Neos has his own Archetype outside of E-Heroes (Neo Space) but that's not the point here. Aesthetically, it works to fit but keep in mind that this will require 3 heroes to summon, given its stats are already high for a plausible Rank 4.

I probably should post those Elemental HERO Tuner monsters I made for a fanfic character later on.

I think I'm just going to ignore that guy's comments from this point on; not really contributing to fixing my card. Voltex is pretty much the only guy who's said anything useful (and to an extent, Armz)

Not going to have a repeat of what happened to another member's thread (I got no intent of locking this however). If I want this to be a Synchro, it stays as one. If you think it's better as an Xyz, then you're free to go remake the card yourself (I gave you the link to said image)

Archived