Afterlight [ OOC / PG-16 / Started / Not Accepting / Co-Hosted by the sexy Axi ]

Astolfo

2i0rzx0.jpg

[acronym="Thanks to .Rai for the gorgeous logo, thanks to Aix for the wonderful idea and co-hosting, thanks to Magi and everything else that existed so I would have music/images/ideas too, and OOC Format copypasta" d from .:Blu:.'s OOC "Odiad Chronicles" and tweaked slightly']Credits[/acronym]

IC Link

An Original RP Hosted By Neph & Axi

OP: V.I.P.

ED: The Bravery

[spoiler=Plot]It is XD639, and it is once again time for the Reaping. 150 people will be chosen to be the grand pioneers of history - or will they? With an ever-looming overpopulation issue, Isahron is rapidly running out of choices. The Reaping ceremony is its best choice for now, although the pure-hearted people do not truly wish this upon those 150. Necessity has forced their hand. In truth, the Reaping ceremony will be a way to cut down on the population, and manage to bring it back into rein, but it will be only a temporary issue. Hundreds, if not thousands have died for this reason.

No one knows of what the outside world is except for a select few, those of which include the Council, which are the elected four head members that cycle every moon in top place. The absolute vast majority have no idea of the dangers that can be outside. The people have been raised believing that it is a wondrous place, filled with people above ground, and that they should join the ranks as well. While the former part is true, in its own way, almost no human lives above ground now.

You, along with 149 other citizens have been chosen to lead this race of pioneering. You cannot refuse, and all the rest of the small society believe in you as well. What will you do? Will you lead Isahron back to its original once glorious state above ground? Or will you take your destiny and change it?[/spoiler] 
[spoiler=Rules]If you are applying for this RP then it is expected that you know the rules of this forum's RP section and there is no need in having to remind you of them. Those who are unfamiliar of the rules or are new to RPing in general, I highly recommend you do not participate in this RP. This is an anime/manga-esque RP, so the story will be based on chapters, seasons, arcs, etc. Also, please respect the 4th Wall. Finally, you must understand that my word is final. If you have read the rules, please treat the "Username" portion of the app as a question saying, "Will you do your best to be active in this RP?" and answer with the appropriate response.

~The most important rule of all is to have fun!~[/spoiler] 
[spoiler=Accepting Terms]First off, you must know that applying for this RP means that you will have to be active, and I do take activity seriously. Do not, and I repeat, do not apply for this RP if you are not in it for the long run. If for some reason you can't be active during a part of the RP's progression, please inform me of your reason(s) via OOC or PM. If this happens, I am allowed to control your character as I see fit until you return. Those who do apply will have a maximum of one character (and cannot be an antagonist) unless I say so otherwise.

I will most likely be accepting no more than four applications, five at the maximum probably. Please note that there will be no reserves and that apps are accepted based on how qualified I deemed them to be. So even if someone is able to get an app in first it will not automatically secure their place in the RP. I will be comparing apps to find only the most qualified ones. You can however, post to note your interest so I know that you may wish to apply.[/spoiler] 
[spoiler=Important Info]1| In terms of rating, Afterlight falls in the range of of PG-13 and PG-16 - probably closer towards the PG-16 end - so it should have a medium level of violence and gore as well as a medium level of curse words. As far as sexual content goes, there shouldn't be any extreme depictions of sexual content. Extreme abuse of expletives or otherwise will result in punishment.

2| In terms of character creation, feel free to be as creative as you can in terms of appearance, personality, bio, etc. When it comes to name, I do not want to see bland names like Jake, Tim, John, etc. For weapons, I recommend not choosing the same type of specific weapons as other people in order to create a sense of individuality. This goes for powers and magic as well and definitely do not make your characters OP'd. As this RP progresses, your character will grow stronger. Overall, have fun crafting your character and do put effort into it or I will definitely not accept. It is best to note that this RP takes place in a world where modern technology is nonexistent - in a way. While certain technologies recognizable from today's day and age will exist, they will run be the magical, or fantasy-esque counterparts. For example, a TV - which would not be for entertainment, but more of communication - would be something such as a scrying spell, for transmission between distances.

3| This RP follows a strict story structure and must be followed as so. Irrelevant posts will be warned. The posting style of this RP is turn-based, involving rounds. A round of posting consists of me posting then all other participants will post once, unless some circumstances prevent that from happening. After that round, a new round of posting will begin starting with me posting once more. After I have posted to begin a round, it doesn't matter who posts next as long as we reached the point where everybody posted once for that round. With that being said, those who've RPed with me before should note that this RP won't put that much of an emphasis on lengthy posts and I will definitely use a lot of short posts so I don't mind if you short post when needed. However, posts should still generally be at least a full paragraph (5-6 sentences, full lines all the way across) otherwise. Use common sense. Also, you can have extra posts just for the sake of character development or interaction with other characters to build up relationships. However, this must not conflict with the main story. For example, if the current story is about saving someone and a character suddenly asks another character to go get something to eat, that would be frowned upon.

4| This RP will have a central protagonist portrayed by me. Characters portrayed by participants are main protagonists. I will try my best to treat everyone the same, and let everyone shine. If you believe I have not been fair, please PM me, and I will try to rectify the issue as soon as possible.

[spoiler=5| Important Terms]1. Afterlight - The name of the RP.

2. [acronym=EYE-Zah-Ron]Isahron[/acronym] - The underground miniature world that has been the home for humans for as long as history records show. It is a strange, yet calming place, with many mysterious wonders and artifacts hidden within the ground and caves, although it is disconcerting at times… As if it had been removed from the flow of it…

3. [acronym=AL-ee-tay-uh]Alithea[/acronym] - The world outside of Isahron that has been left untouched by humans for many thousands of years, but had been ventured into roughly a hundred or so years ago, but then has turned to means of controlling overpopulation recently. It is said to be a strange, yet wondrous place in the records of history, although with how much time has passed, one can only guess how it'll be as no one has ever returned.

4. [acronym=AYXE-Vi-Tay]Aix Vitae[/acronym] - The divine being who was said to have created Isahron, described in the lore and tales. It is said that the world had been facing great destruction, and thus the being had protected those with pure hearts, closing them off from the rest of the world, in what is known as Isahron.

5. [acronym=AH-Ree-ah]Aria[/acronym] - An air vessel used for traveling and transportation of materials usually. However, the Arias that belong to the Vaitaman League are equipped and created for military purposes, with various tools of destruction, such as magical cannons, spell-triggered explosives, and the likewise. The ships themselves in those cases are military suitable as well, able to ram into anything and usually destroy it. The lords of the air, the secrets to making them as powerful as they are made are fiercely guarded. These are named after a word meaning "air", from one of the languages before the Great Incident.

6. Nymph - A sea vessel that can be both rode on the surface and below the surface. It can carry cargo as well as transport. Again, the Vaitaman League has the superior build of these for its naval army, equipped with powerful sonic and water cannons, as well as actual magical cannons for above surface fights. They are durable, and can smash into other ships or the like to destroy most things. The secrets behind these are fiercely guarded as well. These are named after the wondrous spirits that dwell in natural bodies of water.

7. [acronym=KAY-nōne]Kanon[/acronym] - The land vessels for general transport and carriage, but the Vaitaman League's versions of these are upgraded and enhanced to beautiful, but powerful war machines that are practically unstoppable. Able to tank many a hit, and return with powerful attacks, these make up most of the army. These are named after the genius inventor who had first thought of the idea for these complex land machines.

8. Magic - Special powers granted to humans by Aix Vitae. It can also be found at "natural springs" of various "magical hotspots", such as an enchanted lake, or caves, or whatnot, in its purest form. It allows humans to use a variety of powers that can range from shooting a simple fireball from their palm to essentially anything else that can be imagined. As with weapon combat, using magic can tire someone out when used enough times. How much endurance a person has for magic differs, and is different from physical endurance otherwise. The Vaitaman League refers to magic users as Galians, and non-magic users, or less gifted users as Sielans.

9. Familiar - Small creatures that can ally themselves or befriend beings, if both parties are willing. They increase the magical strength of some spells by a bit, and make for a good friend, and can range from anything to anything.

10. [acronym=PA-Laie]Palai[/acronym] - A word meaning "ancient" in the olden tongue, these refer to the creatures that generally roam Alithea in this current age. They are nature and its extensions reaching out once more, after humans have curbed them, a long time ago.

11. [acronym=PRAG-Mah]Pragma[/acronym] - Not all the humans have moved into Isahron since the Great Incident, and while almost all have died, some groups have managed to survive, and adapt with the new environment. Pragmas are people who are not entirely human anymore, and have modified themselves, or changed otherwise. The most powerful group is the Vaitaman League, who have melded their bodies with magical alloys, but others exist as well. Some are kinder, some are harsher, and there is a great diversity, although their general numbers are few. This word is from a lost language, but is rumored to mean "truth".

12. Currency
• Vrom - Used by Isahronians, consists of small, uneven pieces of metals and alloys the people find within the walls and ground.
• Argent - Used by Vaitaman League. Argents are brilliant silver coins minted with Emperor Vaitama's face on them. Although the two places never met, 1 Argent would be equal to roughly 238.8 Vroms. 

13. Reaping - The "ceremony" to choose 150 people to leave the town of Isahron. It is covered up with the half-truth. They hint at Isahron having some overpopulation problems, and thus they must extend their boundaries to new edges, which is completely true. However, they lie, and send people on this death trip to curb the expedition problems. However, it once used to be genuine, but with all the failures, genuine attempts have stopped.

If you still have any questions or if I am missing anything, please feel free to contact me both in the OOC and through PM.[/spoiler][/spoiler] 
[spoiler=World Map]aostwz.jpg
In order from top-left to bottom right

Lilia: Lilia is a mysterious island. the largest, besides the main "super-continent". Even from the shores of Vazure, not much is visible. However, on strong northwesterly winds, an enrapturing, powerful scent drifts on the air. It is bittersweet, and creates a sense of longing in those who smell it, although none understand it.

Isahron: A small island just off the coast of Vazure, its appearance is deceiving. It is still a massive place, but almost completely separated from the rest of the world by powerful magic barriers that allow nothing in, except the scent from Lilia for mysterious reasons. For an unknown reason, no one lives on the surface, but deep underground. From the top, the island just looks like barren rock. It appears as if the island is a massive pillar jutting upwards from the bottoms of the oceans. Time's flow here is also distorted from the outside world, and a minute there may be anything from a microsecond to eons in the outside world, although it is still typically the same, give or take an hour or two.

Vazure: A place rich in natural magic and magical ores making up the very land itself there. However, since the raise of the Vaitamans, it has been renamed to Vaitama and has been under the complete control of the empire there. The ruler is strict and direct, but not necessarily evil. They make sure not to ruin the land either, preferring to extract the ore through careful methods, not giving into greed.

Meruli: The center of the massive supercontinent making up most of Alithea, for such a center piece, it is rather surprisingly empty. The vast majority consists of oceans on either side, and then lush plains, with wondrous magical creatures from the beginning of time, but no humans or human influences at all. However, it is not completely safe, and can still be dangerous in several parts.

Petrarch: A heavily mountainous area in the south-west, it is riddled with various caves and tunnels and mountains. No one knows if anyone lives here, but it is certainly known that many of the more nocturnal or darker creatures hide here.

Schalazi: The south-east branch, it is the very definition of the coast, with glassy beaches, with crab-like creatures, and fantastical sea creatures living in the warm coastal waters. However, like everywhere else besides Isahron and Vazure, it is most likely uninhabited here, although ancient traces of civilization remain.
[/spoiler] 
[spoiler=Timeline]*More dates and events will be added as the RP progresses*

X0000: The world, and Aix Vitae, are born out of the great Cosmos.

X3500: The first humans are born.

X8000: The first civilizations are created.

X9200: The four city-states of Vazure, Meruli, Petrarch, and Schalazi arose.

X11000: The good relations begin to crumble as Vazure begins to become more ambitious, and Petrarch hides itself away, while Schalazi is unable to fight, and Meruli is trying to calm down the nations.

X11200: The [acronym="The massive war that ended up with almost all the nations destroyed and the once wondrous land a burning wreckage."]Great Incident.[/acronym]

X11200: Aix Vitae removes the pure-hearted humans and gives them a new sanctuary at Isahron.

X11232: Almost all humans are dead from the Great Incident.

X11234: A strange light flashes at Meruli and washes over the land, restoring it to its state before the Great Incident and the fighting.

(thousands of years later, during which sometime the expedition trips, turned into human disposal missions have arose)

XD639: Exile of the main protagonists

Present Year: XD639[/spoiler] 
[spoiler=Bestiary]*More will be added as the RP progresses; If you would like to add to the Bestiary, feel free to tell me so before creating an entry*

Bestiary: The Bestiary is a compilation of the various monsters on Alithea. It showcases the monsters' appearance, behavior, strengths, weaknesses, etc. It also gives strategies and tips on how to defend yourself against the showcased monsters. (Note, this is for the players, the player characters will not have/own this) Here is the current list of monsters:

(will be added in soon)[/spoiler] 
[spoiler=Application Format][ img ] Profile of character, see "Sintel" for more info [ / img ]
[ i ] "Quote from character, see "Sintel" for more info" [ / i ] (remove spaces in between bbcode)

Personal
Name: (Middle/Last are optional)
Date of Birth: (Month/Day only)
Blood Type: (Nothing special)
Hobby(s): (Optional)
Appearance: (Use a spoiler. Image is allowed. If you use an image, it must be anime-style art. At least 4-5 full lines of appearance please.) 
Personality: (Spoiler, at least 5 full lines.) 
Biography: (Spoiler, at least 8 full lines.)

Combat
Weapon Type: (Type as in swords, chains, etc)
Main: (Spoiler, at least 4 full lines of description, image also is preferred, again, anime-style. Name is fine. Weapon type, how it works, appearance, etc here. Nothing too fancy, as you'll start out with basic versions.)
Fighting style: (Spoiler, at least 4 full lines, include strengths and weaknesses. ACTUAL weaknesses)
Secondaries/Equipment: (Optional, spoiler. Any secondary weapons or equipments otherwise. And secondaries must be SECONDARY. Again, nothing too fancy.)
Special Technique(s): (Spoiler, short list with 2-3 techniques, basic for now.)
Magic: (Optional, spoiler. NOTE, YOUR CHARACTER WILL NOT HAVE MAGIC AT ALL UNTIL LATER IN THE STORY ( I WILL SAY SO IN OOC ) Nothing too strong, no more than a few spells. ALSO, THE SPELLS MUST BE SCIENTIFICALLY SOMEWHAT REASONABLE - FOR NOW. AS IN SCIENCE-Y MAGIC, NOT COMPLETE MAGIC. Description, etc) 
Familiar (optional) (NOTE YOU WILL NOT HAVE YOUR FAMILIAR YET IN A FAMILIAR FORM, PETS ARE FINE, BUT NOT FAMILIARS YET)
Name:
Appearance: (spoiler, appearance, 3-4 full lines, image is nice as well.)
Personality: (spoiler, at least 4 full lines)
Chant/Summoning/Unlock/etc: (How you get your familiar to a battle mode or whatnot, if it counts)
Special Techniques: (Nothing too strong)
Abilities: (Nothing too strong, buff or small attacks usually fit etc)

Other (optional)
(Just other info, like trivia)[/spoiler] 
[spoiler=Application Format Code]
[img=Image Link Here]
[i]"Quote here"[/i]

[b][u]Personal[/u][/b]
Name: (Middle/Last are optional)
Date of Birth: (Month/Day only)
Blood Type: (Nothing special)
Hobby(s): (Optional)
Appearance: (Use a spoiler. Image is allowed. If you use an image, it must be anime-style art. At least 4-5 [u]full[/u] lines of appearance please.) 
Personality: (Spoiler, at least 5 [u]full[/u] lines.) 
Biography: (Spoiler, at least 8 [u]full[/u] lines.)

[b][u]Combat[/u][/b]
Weapon Type: (Type as in swords, chains, etc)
Main: (Spoiler, at least 4 [u]full[/u] lines of description, image also is preferred, again, anime-style. Name is fine. Weapon type, how it works, appearance, etc here. Nothing too fancy, as you'll start out with basic versions.)
Fighting style: (Spoiler, at least 4 [u]full[/u] lines, include strengths and weaknesses. ACTUAL weaknesses)
Secondaries/Equipment: (Optional, spoiler. Any secondary weapons or equipments otherwise. And secondaries must be SECONDARY. Again, nothing too fancy.)
Special Technique(s): (Spoiler, short list with 2-3 techniques, basic for now.)
Magic: (Optional, spoiler. NOTE, YOUR CHARACTER WILL NOT HAVE MAGIC AT ALL UNTIL LATER IN THE STORY ( I WILL SAY SO IN OOC ) Nothing too strong, no more than a few spells. ALSO, THE SPELLS MUST BE SCIENTIFICALLY SOMEWHAT REASONABLE - FOR NOW. AS IN SCIENCE-Y MAGIC, NOT COMPLETE MAGIC. Description, etc) 
[b]Familiar[/b] (optional) (NOTE YOU WILL NOT HAVE YOUR FAMILIAR YET IN A FAMILIAR FORM, PETS ARE FINE, BUT NOT FAMILIARS YET)
Name:
Appearance: (spoiler, appearance, 3-4 [u]full[/u] lines, image is nice as well.)
Personality: (spoiler, at least 4 [u]full[/u] lines)
Chant/Summoning/Unlock/etc: (How you get your familiar to a battle mode or whatnot, if it counts)
Special Techniques: (Nothing too strong)
Abilities: (Nothing too strong, buff or small attacks usually fit etc)

[b][u]Other[/u][/b] (optional)
(Just other info, like trivia)
[/spoiler] 
[spoiler=Sintel]l1aTpNF.png

"I know this world's not perfect, but that's what makes it so damn exciting."

Personal
Name: [acronym=SIN-Tell]Sintel[/acronym]
Date of Birth: January 29th
Blood Type: O
Hobby(s): Creating and solving puzzles and going to the secret spring he had found inside Isahron
[spoiler=Appearance]FrMY.png

Sintel stands at a rather tall height of 180cm, however, he is not bulky, and rather slim, although not to an unhealthy point. He typically wears a white t-shirt with an unknown red symbol in what seems to be some sort of dye marked across it over plain black pants. His shoes are a plain brown, with no laces. Sintel's favorite piece of clothing however, is his long green jacket that reaches down to just above his knees. It has random red blocks across the right shoulder and torso area, and two red laces from the hood. He usually has the hood down, but likes having it on at times, because it "feels exciting". His clothes in general are worn, but not anything extreme, and are somewhat raggedy, however, he is attached to them.

The most noticeable feature about Sintel would probably be his completely white hair that drifts out, which is just slightly whiter than his skin, which is light, due to practically never having been able to darken his skin. However, it is not completely pasty, and his olive green eyes make a dark contrast against the startling white. The other noticeable feature will probably be his smile, which he seems to always have on, even if things are going rather rough, although it is unknown how genuine the smile would be in times like that.[/spoiler][spoiler=Personality]Sintel is a person full of quirks, and the way people view him depends from person to person. In general though, there are a few definable aspects. First of all, he is a kind person, and will refrain from doing things that will harm others. This somewhat leads next into his naiveté, which is due to trusting people. It is not to a ridiculous extent, but anyone trying to fool him intentionally could probably get away with it. He is also very energetic, and can be seen running through the pathways of Isahron. He sometimes engages in pickpocketing, but however always instantly returns the possession, and mainly does it for the thrills, if he even does it. There is also a calmer side to him though, and this can be seen if one were to spot Sintel during his private times. Going to the private spring he had found, he likes to sit by the rocks on the edge and breath in the bittersweet scent, and let his mind wander. He sometimes claims to have seen visions, but no one believes him, as no human has had magic potentials in more than a thousand years. He is also friendly, and won't hesitate to help out a person if he sees them in trouble, but in a hypothetical situation, if someone who he would definitely not trust - a murderer or someone of the like for example - were in trouble, Sintel wouldn't go that far.

His puzzling mind is also another very distinct feature of his. Sintel has a very perceptive mind, and absolutely loves puzzles, often challenging himself with new ones he makes in his free time as well. This also applies to his oddity of a sword, which he also loves due to being able to feel the secrets inside, and wanting to be able to solve the "puzzle". As one could imagine from this, he is also a very determined, perhaps even stubborn person at times, and will not budge when he has his mind set on something.[/spoiler][spoiler=Backstory]Sintel was a quirky child from the start, and many had the same views. Sintel had been born with a pure, snow-white hair color, which had been strange to many who saw. However, besides that, many of his "unique" traits didn't develop until he was closer till around ten. Around at that age, he had become enamored with the idea of the outside world, and wanted to become a pioneer like Headmaster Saros had lectured all of Isahron about multiple times. Training himself for whatever may be out there, he began to engage in various activities such as pickpocketing - but with returning the objects immediately afterwards - and various movement arts to get from one place to the other as fast as possible, without taking any long routes. Learning flips, quick sprints, longer jogs, how to maintain his endurance, and techniques otherwise to adapt to his surroundings the best he can, many thought that he had gone mad. While many could understand the desire of wanting to see the outside world, to engage in such activities was just seen as strange.

When he began to grow distant from the people, he often found solace by himself, near the rivers that ran through the caves of Isahron. One day, when he was wandering along, he had heard the sounds of a light music, but since he was deep inside the cave areas already, this was surprising. Following it, he made his way to a natural spring with a brilliant aquamarine color. Apparently no one had stumbled upon this either, as all the rocks to the side, rich with ore had been untouched. Looking for the source of music though, he had found nothing he could see, when he had once again heard it from the place, but the lake this time. Peering in curiously, he was surprised to see a fantastic collection of life, with fishes, reefs, and the like otherwise, floating in the warm waters gently. It felt as if this place was almost sacred, so he was careful about how he walked, but had heard the music again, louder, from a little off from the "shore" of the lake.

His curiosity getting the better of him, he waded in gently, and peered through the clear water, and found a shining red object nestled within the ground. Not really fully seeing it from this angle, his previous thoughts were abandoned as he swam deep in, trying to get a better look. When he drifted down close enough, he saw that it was a crimson blade, but that its shape was rather strange. After a little thought, he realized it looked like scissors, or at least half of one. Tugging on it, it had been lodged firmly between two reefs, but it would not budge. His air in his lungs was quickly running out and was practically gone, but unwilling to let go of this, feeling like it would disappear if he even lost eye contact for the slightest second, he yanked on it with all the strength he had, and it had slowly slid free just as the last of his oxygen ran out. His sight blackening, he gripped the sword as tight as he could, not wanting to lose this mysterious new discovery.

He woke up on the shores of the lake again, and was stunned, because he couldn't have drifted all the way back, and there were no trails of himself, but no footprints of someone else either. Looking around for what must have been at least hours, Sintel had pored over every nook and cranny, but just couldn't find anything that could've done this. Reluctant to give up, but without anything else to go off of, he turned to return to the town.

By now, the elders were growing somewhat testy with how Sintel had kept disappearing, and doing absolutely nothing to help the struggling society. Although they knew it was a horrible thing to do, they would choose Sintel intentionally for the Reaping, as they would've had to do it anyways, and better a useless boy than someone who could actually help. Sintel himself had been returning to the lake that he had found, and began to train with his sword, like how he imagined the knights of old would. His technique and style wasn't very good, but it was functional, and he felt proud of his accomplishments. As the next Reaping would come around, Sintel would surprise them, as he would eagerly volunteer to be chosen, not aware of the true world that lay in await outside.[/spoiler]

Combat
Weapon Type: Short sword
[spoiler=Schere][acronym=SKAIR]Schere[/acronym] is a short sword roughly 40cm or so long. The actual blade is 23cm or so in length however. The strange thing about this sword is that it can fold inward on itself, until it essentially becomes just the oblong handle, which Sintel can then hook onto his waist with a clip. When he unsheathes it, he can spin it around his arm or flick it out simply, and the blade will unfold to its current size.

The material it is made of is unknown, however, it is remarkably sharp, and can cut through practically anything. The blade can cut through solid rock and steel or the like without too much difficulty. More secrets are locked within the sword itself, however, Sintel has yet to discover and be able to use them. Another thing to note is that the balance is good, but somewhat heavy for its size, as if the blade were even larger. Despite all his efforts though, Sintel has not been able to discover how this sword works fully yet, his puzzling mind at work. This is one of his most prized possessions, and he would not give it away at any cost.[/spoiler][spoiler=Fighting Style]Sintel's fighting style is a smooth one, yet a blazing fast one. With a powerful leap and footwork, he can gain speed and attack most lower level enemies before they even have a chance to wonder what had happened. Obviously, this doesn't work against higher level opponents, in that case, which he takes it a step further. With speedy steps, he can evade a decent number of attacks, and then retaliate with a brutal counter. This can also apply, to try to work his way around his opponent's defense.

The downside is that this is rather tiresome, with both the speedblitz part, and the constant moving, if forced. If an opponent can keep up a hailstorm of attacks, Sintel isn't very strong, and will be forced to evade again and again. Although he has some endurance, against a sturdy opponent, this will not last, and he will get exhausted fairly quickly. Sintel does not like to kill however, so if he must use Schere, then he will use the flat side of the blade for the duration of the fight. If not, he will fight unarmed. While each of his hits are not very strong originally, as he continues to build up speed, each of his hits will get faster and stronger. Knowing this, Sintel utilizes his knowledge of pressure points as well as key areas otherwise to assist with taking down larger opponents.[/spoiler][spoiler=Equipment]Toughened Leather Gloves + Fragments
Sintel usually has a set of these on at all times, and these assist with unarmed fighting, as well as deflecting or absorbing minor blows. Nothing fancy. They are nothing more than plain fingerless leather gloves, that he tied some chunks of metal and rock or fragments otherwise to.[/spoiler][spoiler=Special Techniques]Vanish Step
With this, he exerts a moderate amount of force in his footwork, and adjusts it as necessary. Although Sintel appears to vanish for those with lesser levels of vision for a split second or two, to those with sharper eyes, a blur of his figure will be visible. However, even if he "vanishes", if one can pick up on other aspects (dirt clouds, etc) quickly enough, they can still react.
This is usually combined with an attack of some sort.

Pinpoint
This is when Sintel targets pressure points with various means or the like otherwise, and proceeds to remove the opponent's functions as needed, perhaps such as feeling in the arms or legs. While this can be strong if he has a good bit of speed behind him, people with high willpower and bodily control can force the effects to disappear faster than normal. This is usually for assisting himself in more attacks or a stun of the sort otherwise.

Scissor Slam
This is generally a finisher move in a fight, and it is non-lethal, but a lethal alternative would not be too difficult. Sintel spins the Schere around his wrist into a flipped grip, and snaps the flat side of the blade towards the opponent quickly, which can knock one off their feet. Sintel generally dislikes this, unless he knows it's okay to use this, as it can cause a bit of pain, and broken ribs with a bit more force.[/spoiler][spoiler=Magic]Transcendence
For the period of thirty seconds, this spell can be actively used. Any longer, and the user risks damaging their body as organs begin to tear.
Transcendence is a self power-boosting spell, raising all bodily prowess statistics to much higher than normal.
While a person has Transcended, their senses are all doubled in sensitivity, and an extra sense "develops", a sort of "premonition"-sensory power, in which if one forces themselves even further, then for maybe five seconds or so, the person has complete awareness, and as such, is able to "view" the whole playing field at once.
This super state is extremely tiring, and will essentially render the person unconscious after the time is done. If they are lucky, they may have time to escape.
The general power can be used around once every six hours or so.

Discharge
By gathering up the energy that Sintel has in his body, he can let it loose once he's built it up at least to a certain extent (which takes around eight seconds or so currently to attain that level) in a powerful kinetic burst. The more he gathers up, the stronger the blast will be. The smaller end has enough force to blow up a good-sized house completely, while the larger end (fifteen seconds+) can attain enough power to quite literally create an earthquake in the vicinity, as well as a one foot or so diameter sphere from Sintel's core, in which all things will vaporize - except for Sintel and his possessions obviously.
However, gathering up anything past ten seconds is quite risky, as it will continue to wear away at the body, and repeated use can destroy the body, given enough time.[/spoiler] 
Familiar
None

Other
• "Sintel" comes from an ancient word meaning "cinder" or "ember".
• Amusingly enough, like what his name means, Sintel really isn't too fond of water, except the spring he had discovered inside Isahron, although he's not sure why that is the exception. 
• His favorite food is fresh fish.[/spoiler] 
[spoiler=Accepted Applications]Aix - Vivian
1. Renegade - Damien Rune
2. Admiral Stalfos - Madeline Lillyvick
3. H.N. Elly - Alice Sophe
4. demiveemon - Ahriman
5. Chaos Sonic - Izaya/Hanshou Futatsu[/spoiler] 
[spoiler=Major Battles]- ~ -[/spoiler] 

*Season 1 Information Will Be On My 2nd OOC Post*

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sort of like a Hunger Games thing, except battling each other, you basically get tossed out into the wild, meaning, most people will basically all die, meaning, overpopulation problem goes down again - temporarily.

---

[spoiler=Season 1]Act I - ???
Season 1 Info
[spoiler=Season 1 Arcs]Into A New World
[spoiler=Chapters][spoiler=Reaping]The time for the quarterly Reaping has come! As Sintel and the others are chosen for the glorious honor of being pioneers of the world that had been forgotten in time. However, is it really all that wonderful as it seems? As the mass of one hundred and fifty take their first steps into the strange and magical world of Alithea, the gears of time shall turn, and let out the spools of fate once more...
Click Here To Read![/spoiler]

[spoiler=First Steps]Sintel and the others will take their first steps into a new world, untouched by the hand of humans for centuries. However, a massive turn of fate will spin the controls in an unforeseeable new path. What will await the main heroes and the one hundred forty-three others?

[url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/313721-afterlight-ic-pg-16-started-not-accepting-co-hosted-by-the-sexy-axi/#entry6377214]Click Here To Read![/url][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=*shot for playing a character that worships Aix*]9ET2W99.jpg
"L-Lord grant me strength!!"

Personal
Name: Vivian
Date of Birth: August 31
Blood Type: AB
Hobby(s): Praying, preaching the faith of Aix Vitae, singing hymns praising His glory
[spoiler=Appearance]Would Vivian have died in the streets had she not been born beautiful? It would be impossible to say. Undoubtedly, people look upon her more kindly for her appearance, likened to that of a weak and innocent lamb and activates upon one's natural loving and protective instincts. She is of a small and slender build, standing at a mere 157 cm (5'2"), but it gives her a nimble elegance and simultaneously a certain delicacy. Her skin is smooth and unblemished and even seems to shine through the dust, grime, and dirt that accumulates naturally from living underground so that it almost marks her as a beacon in the omnipresent filth. The golden strands that fall from her head, once reaching her waist, were cut short right before the Reaping in a display of change and determination, and a green ribbon now sits atop her head. Most importantly though, to fully make use of her natural looks, Vivian has mastered an aura of divinity and walks with immeasurable grace befitting her status of a holy maiden. Her every look, every expression, every gesture is well-practised to become habit and suggests purity and also humility. While her looks invoke adoration, on the other side of the same coin, it fuelled jealousy, like it shouldn't be humanly possible to have such an angelic appearance and such emotions also came into play when her followers turned upon her.

In terms of garments, the picture is rather accurate, Vivian wears a white sleeveless silk top similar in design to the one in the picture, it is thin, rather revealing and is made to mimic the flowing nature of robes which an angel may wear. However, as actual full robes are not remotely practical for an outdoor expedition, especially an incredibly dangerous one, it simply flows down like a long coat while she wears the black shorts and long black leather boots from the picture which are made to be fit for walking through mud and filth and avoiding brushing off any poisonous plants. The two fingerless gloves are also leather include black bracers that can fend off rudimentary blows.
Picture: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/058/b/e/KOKORO___KISEKI_by_redjuice999.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality]By all appearances, Vivian fits perfectly into her role as a holy maiden. After all, she was trained and raised to become one, she can walk with fairy-like grace, speak with passion and charm and she works hard leading by example, but in the end, a fake is a fake and she is only human, no matter what she may believe otherwise. There are very definite limits to her patience, her enthusiasm and most of all, her courage. Having never faced real danger before, she has little knowledge of what fear tastes like, she has no idea what it is like to survive in the wild on her own, she is naive, she is foolish and she is so incredibly fallible.

As of the moment, she is pure and innocent. She will stand strong against all adversity, against all trials which Aix Vitae pits against her. She is the chosen one, the holy maiden, the prophet, the guide who will lead the expedition to success and she believes this from the bottom of her heart. Selfless and kind, she is willing to throw herself into danger for the sake of others... or is she? Is it entirely possible that she only does so because she believes she has Aix's divine protection? But even if so, she is entirely unaware.

As a priestess, she is used to speaking before others and inspiring faith and determination. She is an expert at relighting the hope in others, though only really if she has faith and hope herself. Vivian is unafraid in approaching others and is even persistent as such a trait is needed for converting those to her religion.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Biography]Once upon a time there was a little orphan girl. Though she was a both a beautiful and pitiful sight to behold, people could only walk past her. It was not an uncommon sight to see orphaned children. Perhaps orphaned was not the word to use, for her parents could very well still be out there, but all in all, no one knew who she was, who her parents were, or whether she was merely abandoned in the streets or her parents had fallen victim to the filth and disease.

For as long as humanity exists, there exists the concepts of kindness, compassion, sympathy and generosity as sparse as they may be, and for Vivian, the light that reached her was a priest of the Church of Aix. He was the sole member of clergy at the time and ran his little chapel all alone, but in truth his devotion may very well have made up for an entire nation. The first of his disciples was none other than the beautiful, fair-haired child Vivian. Though ever-faithful with his head in the clouds, the priest was still a shrewd man and making use of Vivian's god-bestowed beauty, he advertised the religion taking her for a holy child and the idol of the Church.

From then on, Vivian lived a blessed life. A toilsome but fulfilling one, and her happiness was the serene smiles of the citizens to which she preached. Her time was spent doing humanitarian work, devoting herself to the people as well as her God. Could such happiness last? Perhaps Aix simply smiled and laughed as he spun the world around the sun, and with that same timeless smile, he would turn the world upside-down.

A religion lay roots in its miracles, but miracles were impossible to guarantee lest they could not be called miracles at all. Dissent grew as Vivian could not supply an endless stock of divine deeds and it became more apparent that she was all too human. She wasn't even particularly talented or strong. Petty are the whims of mortals, as Aix would pompously say, and admiration turned to hate. The people felt toyed with, deceived and their donations gone to waste. The Church was overturned, the chapel burned and laid to waste to fuel the flame of dissatisfaction and suffering in people's hearts. Whether they truly hated her and the Church was impossible to say, but pent-up frustration could only be released in the ugliest of ways.

From a holy and blessed child, Vivian became the cursed child. Though she would continue to fruitlessly preach the ideals of Aix Vitae, no one batted an eye at her words.

Then came the time of the Reaping. For many, it was a time of deep dread, but for Vivian it was a spark of hope. If she could lead this operation to success, her miraculous nature would prove true. A heart full of faith and undying devotion, she stepped up herself to take part in the expedition.[/spoiler]

Combat
Weapon Type: Longsword, usable with one or two hands.
[spoiler="Holy Purifying Sword Yamato"]http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130220055461/devilmaycry/images/e/e9/Yamato_DMC4.png
A strange single-edged sword of unknown make that sat upon the shrine of Aix as a holy artifact. It feels like there was once something special about it, but now it seems empty and devoid of whatever divinity it may once have had. Nevertheless, it retains a remarkable sharpness that can cut into other swords and speaks volumes of the skill of the swordsmith, the sword's design and the unknown unbreakable alloy which it is composed. The alloy naturally forms crystalline nano-structures that concentrates and reflects light. Contained in a white sheath, Vivian hangs Yamato from her left hip so that it can be easily drawn with her right, but while it is average length with a 70 cm blade, it is rather unwieldy on her small frame and she is very unused to its weight. Being a precious artifact from the Church, Vivian treasures it greatly.[/spoiler][spoiler="Fighting Style"]Vivian is a complete novice to combat and other than swinging her sword a few times to get a feel for it, she has no experience handling her weapon. To fight, she relies on randomly swinging her sword in her enemy's general direction with such force that she even gets tossed around a bit by the momentum, making her incredibly unbalanced. She is fully aware of her limitations, however, and avoids fighting until when backed into a corner. Her reflexes are quite good, allowing her to block or avoid a few hits in a fight, but her fighting movements are highly inefficient. She is not particularly fast or strong so her attacks are not very effective, but it is mostly compensated by Yamato's incredible craftsmanship.
Strengths: Yamato, prudence in avoiding fights, good reflexes
Weaknesses: Lack of combat experience, lack of particular strength or speed[/spoiler][spoiler=Equipment]Hard leather bracers on her arms that can reduce the shock of a blunt blow and even slow a blade.[/spoiler][spoiler=Special Techniques]Iaijutsu - drawing a sword and striking in one fluid motion. Yamato's blade and sheath are perfect for such applications, Vivian discovered that the sudden release of the sword from its sheath allows for a blinding amount of speed.
Flash - glinting the sunlight or any other particularly bright light source off Yamato's pristine mirror-like blade can momentarily blind an opponent. The nanostructure of the alloy concentrates light. Technique is done easily by quickly rotating the sword once.[/spoiler][spoiler=Magic]Fast Heal - gathering energy and pouring it from the palms of your hands into the cells, the magical energy lets cells and tissues divide and regenerate at an extraordinary rate. Incapable of regenerating limbs and such, but closes wounds and heals bruises. With enough energy, bones can also be mended. It is rather inefficient and thus light is also given off when used.

Light of Aix Vitae - an extremely bright but small orb of light that floats around, providing a light source and also blinding opponents.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

So, frequent hallucinations?

That could be somewhat dangerous, in a world like this, depending on how bad/severe it is, or how critical the moment is.

My call is that it's your call.

Saixy-Aixy says, "Could be used as a device, so perhaps but I think we should plan ahead when they happen or when it's okay."

So, frequent hallucinations?

That could be somewhat dangerous, in a world like this, depending on how bad/severe it is, or how critical the moment is.

My call is that it's your call.

Saixy-Aixy says, "Could be used as a device, so perhaps but I think we should plan ahead when they happen or when it's okay."

Wait...that's what that meant? Crap...I thought that meant the whole multiple personality thing ^^;

Multiple personalities?

My opinion: Well again, depending on how it goes, it might be a bit of trouble, depending on what the other personality/personalities are. Anti-social and stuff like that really don't make well for a RP, due to the fact it lives off interaction. Violent could be problematic in my opinion at times.

Axi's: "Yeah, I'm fine." (in response to if he's okay with it)

So your call.

Multiple personalities?

My opinion: Well again, depending on how it goes, it might be a bit of trouble, depending on what the other personality/personalities are. Anti-social and stuff like that really don't make well for a RP, due to the fact it lives off interaction. Violent could be problematic in my opinion at times.

Axi's: "Yeah, I'm fine." (in response to if he's okay with it)

So your call.

Well I was thinking a calm natured young man, not truly prone to TOO much violence, but have a personality of a sadistic and twisted individual...only coming out when HE finds it worthy to...not truly coming out upon the young man's allies, unless provoked.

Haven't decided the Reaping frequency yet.
I'd say around once a quarter?

The answer to the second question would depend on how severe the overpopulation problem is at that time, and they have it as a meritocracy/counter based system.

The more productive you are, the less slips of paper with your name.

The less, the more slips.

They don't like this tradition of just killing people off essentially, but without any other choice, that's what they're forced to do.

So if a child or an expectant mother gets picked, sometimes they will try to get around it without making it obvious to the citizens, or a vote from the citizens can have someone replace it (volunteer style lol) or a redraw.

OK, so they have a meritocracy system. That sounds fair enough. Although are civilians allowed to appeal to the elders on their choice of exile?

And if so, will they be given the chance to provide a written explanation within each individual slip, or would they have to reason with the elders directly? I'd imagine that someone with a personal grudge would have to craft their appeal so that the person in question would sound like a societal burden.

[spoiler=Damien Rune]

28lfj2b.png

"A journey? An honor? Bullsh*t. You just found a quick and easy way to get rid of us. Simple as that."

Personal Information:

Name: Damien Rune

Date of Birth: July 22

Blood Type: B-

[spoiler=Appearance]

x5cdab.png

Damien is fairly short. He stands at only 5'6", below the height of the average man. He has a slight, wiry build, making him a fairly unimpressive figure when confronted. The armor depicted in the image was crafted from random bits of junk that Damien fashioned to protect himself. In addition, Damien wears a torn up, dirtied black cloak that conceals his identity when the hood is drawn. Also note, that the knife he is holding doesn't quite have that shiny appearance. In fact, he actually carries a small dagger that had been lost to time in an abandoned mining cave in a forgotten portion of Isahron. Damien keeps the knife hidden away, for he knows that it could be taken away if anyone knew he had it. The blade is old and touched with rust, not to mention a chip or two in its edges.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]

Damien is a good-natured kid. He doesn't mean anyone any harm and always tries to stick up for what is right. That being said, he will go to any lengths to protect his family. Family is everything to Damien and there is no line he won't cross for them. Damien feels it is his responsibility to provide for his family in the troubled times of Isahron, this has molded him into a compassionate and hard working individual. 

Damien has a bit of a problem with authority figures. Not authority figures like a teacher or a parent, but rather figures like The Council, for instance, or anyone that defends the government. He finds that the Reapings are just a way to tear families apart and that they are an injustice to the innocent people of Isahron. He has no respect for those that would see 150 innocent people cast out of their home.

He also has a small inclination towards thievery. Nothing like big heists or stealing from a helpless child. Instead, he is a Robin Hood of sorts. Damien steals just enough to provide for his family what he can't get through working. And if there is someone that is in desperate need of a bite to eat or a few extra Vrom in their pocket, then Damien is more than happy to 'find' that person what they need. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]

Damien was born on the streets. He never had a place to call home or a person to call Dad. It was just him, his brother and sister, and their mother. Damien's mother practiced the oldest of professions, if you know what I'm saying, but it just wasn't enough to provide for her three bastard children, each from a different man. So, Damien, being the oldest, began to take on any odd jobs that came his way to help provide for his family. He was 12 the first time he cut a man's purse so that his family could eat that night. Since then, he has practiced the art of thievery and being a pickpocket. 

Damien is known around Isahron, but not as a thief, but simply as a hired hand. The merchants and craftsmen throughout the underground civilization know that Damien is worth every Vrom spent on his labor, and as such he is a trusted and loved individual. Several times, merchants have tried to set their daughters, and more than once their sons, up with Damien, but each time he turned them down graciously. He could barely provide for the three mouths back in the cave that they called home, he definitely couldn't take on a husband or wife. 

Back at home, Damien is adored. Adam, the next oldest child in the family, worshipped the ground that Damien walked on. He constantly shadowed Damien, trying to imitate him in everywhere. And even though Adam is only 11, he has begun to build a reputation much like Damien has amongst the shopkeepers and businessmen. Carmen, Damien's little sister, is the sweetest girl in Isahron. She is often seen skipping around and playing with the mole-like creatures that are so common in the underground world. However, despite her cute face, she shares Damien's quick fingers. Only 7, Carmen has swindled and pickpocketed the purses of more than one wealthy lady. Damien, of course, discourages such actions, but on the inside he is just ever so slightly pride of his younger sister. He and Carmen aren't as close as he and Adam, but the love between them is obvious and it is clear that they would do anything for the other. 

Damien's relationship with his mother is a bit of a different story. When in the other's presence, the two are awkwardly polite and cordial to one another, however; they refused to meet one another's eye. Damien is ashamed of his mother, not because of her profession, but because she doesn't take care of Adam and Carmen like she should. He still feels love for his mother, but he knows that he can't count on her to pick up the slack if he were to take a day off. On his mother's end of the argument, it seems that she resents the boy. She finds his constant hard work to be an insult to her duties as a parent. Of course, this is just what she says to make herself feel good. Deep down, she is ashamed of herself for not being as good as guardian as Damien is to Adam and Carmen.

Now that Damien has been chosen in this year's Reaping, he is filled with dread. How will his family survive without him? He had prepared for this possibility of course, couching Adam and Carmen how to live off the streets. In addition, he has made a deal with several small businesses around Isahron to check in on his family now and again. He just hopes that someday he'll get to return to see what has become of the people he holds dearest. 

[/spoiler]

Combat Information:

Weapon Type: Knife, dagger, shank, dirk, etc.

[spoiler=Ol' Rusty]

*for image, see appearance section and apply following description*

Ol' Rusty is a blade about 6 inches in length and 2 across. It has rusted slightly with age, but Damien polishes it every night in secret so as to keep it in the best shape possibly. Despite its obvious age, Ol' Rusty has never shown signs of wear except for the occasional rust spot. There were chips in its edge when Damien found it, but since then it has sustained no further damage. Damien suspects that it could very well be enchanted, but has no way of knowing for sure. 

Unbeknownst to Damien, once the knife is exposed to the magically charged air of Isahron he will have no trouble telling that it is enchanted. Feeding off the magic in the air, the knife will immediately clean itself up and fix any damage that has been done to it. In addition, Damien will find himself hard pressed to lose the knife as it always somehow returns to his sheath. With some practice, Damien may also find that the blade changes shape to fit is immediate need. By focusing, Damien will be able to change the compositional structure that makes up the blade, but after doing so he will feel slightly fatigued.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Fighting Style]

Damien isn't exactly a stranger to fights. I mean, he grew up on the streets for crying out loud, anyone is bound to turn into a scrapper in conditions like those. That being said, it isn't exactly a place of finesse and form. Damien fights tooth and nail, but really doesn't know what he is doing when it comes to a professional fight. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Equipment]

Pendant: Damien wears a necklace, crafted with a simple silver chain, that opens up to reveal pictures of Adam and Carmen.

Lock-Picking Kit: Bought off a grumpy old blacksmith, Damien possesses a small array of tools that help him jimmy-open any closed door.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Special Techniques]

Nimble Fingers: Damien has incredibly quick hands, able to rob a rich man of his wallet without the fool realizing he has even walked passed Damien. 

Quick Feet: Being a thief means you gotta be able to make a quick getaway, Damien is quite the runner in both a sprint and an endurance race. 

Lockpicking: The best treasures are under lock and key, Damien learned a long time ago though that no lock is infallible. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Magic]

Compositional Manipulation: After becoming more acquainted in the manipulation of Ol'Rusty, Damien will find that, that particular trait isn't inherently a part of the knife's enchantment. It seems that Damien has quite the knack for changing the physical composition of inanimate objects. Of course using said magic does drain Damien of energy, and that amount of energy depends on the object being changed and the change itself. 

Preflex: This is truthfully just an inherent magical ability that Damien has been experiencing for quite awhile, but just didn't realize it. When not exposed to the magical air of Isahron, Preflex manifests itself as instinctual feelings that allows its owner to react with quick reflexes to dangerous situations, but once exposed to the magically charged environment, Preflex actually gives Damien a look into the future by a few seconds so that he can avoid dangerous situations. This ability really can't be controlled or trained.

[/spoiler]

Familiar Information:

...can I get back to you on this?

Other:

Damien is homosexual, but has never had time to focus on a romantic relationship and as such doesn't consciously know this about himself.

Damien's Sad Moment Theme 

Damien's Intense Battle Theme 

[/spoiler]

Untitled9_zps17d063d7.png

"I'll rue the day I ever relied on that miserable Council. Heh, now that I think about it, I already have."

Personal Info.
Name: Madeline Lillyvick
Date of Birth: June 20
Blood Type: B-
Hobbies: Watching others from afar; Tinkering with her guns; Checking on her unborn boy
[spoiler=Appearance:]Only standing at 5' 4", Madeline is just shy of the average height of a girl her age. However, even while considering she's pregnant, she still tips the scales at 140lbs with all her weaponry equipped. Madeline's face and hair are clean most of the time, but it's not uncommon for her to cover her hands in gunpowder and oil cause of all the tinkering she does with her muskets, and sometimes the compounds get on her arms and waist as well. Also because of all the tinkering, every single fingernail of Madeline's is broken in some way. Madeline's outfit consists of a pink hoodie that appears to have bunny ears, a plain black t-shirt, a miniskirt, some pantyhose and white sneakers.

5848fd6ea8c45d689a940a1dfc79f06a9c250c81[/spoiler][spoiler=Personality:]Unlike most citizens of Isahron, Madeline is a very miserable girl with a conservative past, and she's had little to live for since The Reaping. It's rare to see a smile on Madeline's face, and even if she does, it usually means she's smiling sarcastically. In truth, one would be more likely to win the lottery or get struck by lightning than see a genuine smile from Madeline. While not completely anti-social, Madeline tends to keep her distance, preferring to observe from a distance and getting to know people by the way they converse with others. She does take [acronym='albeit a small one']an interest in boys[/acronym] though, and prefers 16- or 17-year-olds as she generally finds them cuter. She's especially eager to find that perfect father figure, as she isn't exactly intending on giving birth alone like last time, and kinda needs the support. As an expectant mother, it's Madeline's duty to protect her unborn boy Hope as best she can; it's something she takes very seriously, to the point where she'd [acronym='and most likely immediately']willingly[/acronym] commit suicide should she fail. Madeline's only other pride and joy is antique weaponry, and she loves taking the time tinkering her musket, flintlocks and shoulder cannon to protect her as efficiently as possible. She doesn't like being interrupted, but she doesn't mind eating something or talking to someone while she's tinkering with these weapons.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Biography:]Madeline Lillyvick only had a short taste of life on the surface of Isharon. Back then she was only 2 years old, but she remembers that day as though it were yesterday. It was the day of her parents' wedding, and a beautiful day at that too. Unfortunately, good things were always bound to come to an end sooner or later, and before any honeymoon could be enjoyed, monetary problems had driven Madeline and her parents underground. A year later, Cordelia Lillyvick, Madeline's mom, fell into terminal illness, with what her body no longer able to cope with the lack of sunlight. Cordelia then lost her life a month or two later, much to the dismay of Madeline and her father Rufus Lillyvick. After some time grieving for Cordelia, Rufus remarried to a widow named Jade, and began a trade as a blacksmith. Things were finally starting to look up for the Lillyvick family. But then, ten years later, Madeline became pregnant for the first time, and the supposed father was already sent on exile as per a previous Reaping.

Desperate to be reunited with him, Madeline immediately consorted Jade and Rufus, and with their help, she made an appeal for The Council to try and get to supposed father of her child returned safely to Isharon. The Council never replied, but Madeline continued to send the very same letter month after month, until one day while she was running down a back alley to try and speak with The Council directly, her water broke without warning, and she fell to her knees reeling in pain. With no-one to hear her screams of agony, Madeline forced the unborn child out of her body, but it had died on her immediately after it left her womb. It was that day that Madeline stopped believing in The Council altogether, and started believing that the sooner she could end her own life, the less suffering she'd have to go through beforehand. Although she had no idea on how to go about it at first, Madeline had heard rumors that weapons were being smuggled into the city of Isharon, and then randomly stumbled upon the cache of weapons in question. Her plan was to pick up a weapon at random, in this case a flintlock, and then just kill herself with it. But as she took one last look at the flintlock, her curiosity piqued. She took with her a second flintlock and a musket, and scurried to her own secret place.

There, Madeline had done some homework on the weapons she had taken, before making some modifications, testing those modifications and then making some completely different ones. This went on for about three years until Madeline was mistaken for one of the smugglers. She tried to clear her name to the guy that accused her of such, but to no avail, so instead, in exchange for his silence, she offered to do a little something she wasn't proud of at the time... which got her pregnant again. But the next day, that same fool tried to appeal to The Council to get Madeline exiled, but they refused on the grounds that Madeline was pregnant. However, Madeline was quick to find out about it and she was furious. She shot the man in the foot with an unmodified flintlock, then again on the opposing leg, then on one shoulder, and finally right on the nose before leaving him to bleed to death, only to point the flintlock at anyone that tried to draw near. Eventually, Rufus and Jade managed to get through to Madeline after some time, and convinced her to drop the flintlock. But the damage was already done. Now, Madeline suspects that she'd be the next to be exiled, as even she knows there's no recovering from a stunt like that. However, she's somewhat looking forward to it, if only because she wants to get out of this "hell-hole" already.[/spoiler]
Combat Info.
Weapon Type: Antique Firearms
[spoiler=Main Weapon:]Eight Shot Wheel-Lock Musketeight_shot_matchlock_musket_by_urielvent

This is Madeline's bread and butter weapon, which she has modified with a new chamber, and rifled for improved accuracy. This chamber allows for eight bullets, and can be twisted and locked into place to shoot the next bullet, or detached for faster reloading. The musket was originally equipped with a bayonet, but Madeline wasn't keen on using it as such. She ended up detaching the bayonet and is now in the process of turning it into a scope, but remains adamant that she's missing something. A functional scope isn't the only thing Madeline wants; she also intends to figure out a way to maximize its firing rate so it can quickly shoot one bullet after another without her having to twist the chamber. Still, this is a lot more effective than the traditional musket, especially at long ranges.[/spoiler][spoiler=Fighting Style:]Put simply, Madeline is a long range fighter, who tries to find as much cover around her as possible before engaging attackers. Until then, she'll move into position as stealthily as possible, and may or may not rely on an ally's ability to distract. Madeline can hold her breath for quite some time, which is a good quality to have for sniping in general, and is also useful when taking cover underwater. However, Madeline can't lie on her stomach because of her pregnancy, which makes her a large target no matter how low she tries to be to the ground. Dexterous beasts are a major problem for Madeline, as she's worryingly slow, and her reflexes aren't exactly good. On top of that, she doesn't know any CQC. However, as her magical ability comes into play, this becomes less and less of a problem.[/spoiler][spoiler=Secondary Weapons & Equipment:]Flintlocks:

musket_by_su_ramune-d5ywfwv.png

Madeline wields two flintlocks for use in medium- to close-range combat, both of which have also been modified. Each flintlock can hold up to six bullets, and has two separate barrels. The topmost barrel is where Madeline inserts the bullets whereas they're actually fired from the other barrel. This allows Madeline to let inertia and gravity do the work of feeding the next bullet into the chamber, resulting in the fire rate being equivalent to that of the modern-day pistol.

Shoulder Cannon

The_Cannon_by_Doogsieip.jpg

Weighing in at 20 lbs, this weapon is by far the heaviest in Madeline's arsenal. The cannonballs only add to the overall weight of the weapon, and as such, Madeline only carries an absolute maximum of two cannonballs at a time. However, since this is essentially a medieval cannon that's been ripped off its foundation, it packs a massive punch. Unfortunately, the recoil is so heavy that Madeline ends up falling over backwards, normally on her butt.[/spoiler][spoiler=Special Techniques:]It should be noted that all of Madeline's Special Techniques involve using one or both of her flintlocks. Madeline isn't much of a gunslinger at first, but as sure as practice makes perfect, she gets better at performing these techniques over time.

Trick Shot: While reloading a flintlock, Madeline purposefully adds one more bullet than the flintlock can hold, only to flick the flintlock just afterwards. This results in the bullet being tossed in the air. Finally, as soon as the bullet reaches a beast, Madeline shoots the bullet with the other flintlock, and this results in a small explosion that deals twice as much damage as a normal shot.

Discharge Thrust: Madeline throws a flintlock with all her might, which is enough to cause the thrown flintlock to go off on anything it hits. With enough practice, Madeline can have a thrown flintlock push itself back towards her so she can catch it.

Bullet Rain: Aiming in the air above her at the slightest of angles, Madeline unloads both her flintlocks in quick succession. A few seconds later, all twelve shots are found descending on the foes a short distance in front of where Madeline shot from.

[/spoiler][spoiler=Magic:]Solidifying Air: While her adrenaline levels are up, Madeline can make the air around her as thick as molasses, heavily slowing down any matter that comes within roughly 25 feet of her. This allows her to easily dodge shots or blows, but the heavier the source of matter, the more of a toll it takes on Madeline's body. In extreme cases, Madeline can feel as though she were crushed by the source of matter in question, greatly weakening her in the long run.

Soulful Pick-Me-Up: If Madeline ever happens to fall unconscious, Hope can take control of Madeline's body the second it becomes in danger, if only for a short period of time. While Hope is in control of Madeline's body, it tends to move more slowly than normal, and can't make any sudden movements. In the midst of battle, Hope will focus on protecting Madeline's body, but he doesn't have the conscience to help any of her friends, and is barely aware of her surroundings. As soon as Hope has finished protecting Madeline, he'll abandon control of her body without warning, leaving everyone around her to think that she's slipped out of consciousness again.[/spoiler]
Other Info.

- Madeline is currently 7 months pregnant, and because of this, she has a bad case of gluttony. She often forgets that she's only eating for 2, and not 4 or 5.

- Madeline has a mild case of insomnia, and can only sleep an absolute maximum of 6 hours before suddenly having a nightmare about Hope becoming a stillborn.

- Madeline absolutely loathes A-cup breasts, not just on herself, but on any girl. She especially despises petite girls that don't have the balls to follow the path she did before her pregnancy. She never felt like wearing a bra then, but now feels obligated to.

- Madeline used to have A-cup breasts herself, but they've since grown to B-cup during the course of her pregnancies. She still considers them to be small.

- Madeline has had sex [acronym='both times in which caused her pregnancies']twice before[/acronym], but doesn't recall any details about the experience. As such, she still feels as though she's a virgin.

- Hope is normally the name of a girl, but Madeline was planning on naming Hope as such regardless of what gender he became realized as. Madeline decided on that upon her discovery that she was pregnant, and has no intention of changing it.

- Hope wasn't actually Madeline's first child. She managed to give birth to a baby girl at the age of 14, but that girl was a stillborn.

Theme Song: Times Like These, by Foo Fighters

Ideal Voice Actors: Melissa Fahn (En)/Aoi Tada (Jp)

As for Stella, all her magic she does herself without using anything else (her own power) would be more of scientific, like the Espers in ToAru, correct?

And the index lets her use more of the true magic?

Honestly, don't pay her too much mind. I think I am gonna scrap that character and make one that is a little less generic. 

Another girl?

DYyxOex.jpg

Though, I don't mind and I don't think Neph does either :3

Honestly, I was leaning more towards a guy, but I majorly conflicted as to what kind of character I want. This no magic at the beginning thing is really throwing me off. At what point in the RP will our characters obtain the ability to use magic? 

And I need some clarification as to what will make a spell science-y magic. I am planning a character that is able to animate origami pieces that he/she creates. How could I go about that to make it scientifically acceptable(as far as magic goes). I was planning that the character transfers a small piece of his soul/spirit into the paper, thus animating it, but I'm not sure if this would be acceptable or not.

By scientific, stuff like that can be sort of explained via science, but is a stretch/bending of the known laws/rules/etc, perhaps exploiting theories.

Like vector manipulation sorta. Vectors are a property, but who's to say that one can't have the power to just change some properties?

Or like understanding how dimensions work and thus teleporting.

IDK.

This will be only for the beginning though.
True magic as in Spells/Etc may be granted later, but humans can't use directly.

They'd need a familiar and/or intermediary device (like a magic tome)

For the paper thing, would it turn into an actual thing, or would it still just be a paper version?

Archived