[Sakura] Imperial World Dragon

FcbUd2C.jpg

1 Dragon-Type Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner Dragon-Type monsters
Must be Synchro Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn, you can banish 1 Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard: Target up to 2 cards your opponent controls; destroy that target. This card is unaffected by your opponent's Spell/Trap Cards. When this card attacks, Spell/Trap Cards cannot be activated until the end of the Damage Step. When this card is destroyed: Special Summon 1 of the monsters used to Synchro Summon this card (from your Graveyard).

[spoiler=Version 1]

fhK9jnE.jpg

1 Dragon-Type Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner Dragon-Type monsters
Must be Synchro Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn, you can banish 1 Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard: Target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target. When this card attacks, Spell/Trap Cards cannot be activated until the end of the Damage Step. When this card is destroyed: Special Summon 1 of the monsters used to Synchro Summon this card (from your Graveyard).[/spoiler]

(If you're in that club run by Sleepy, you've already seen this. If not, well now you have)

Pretty much a Level 12 semi-generic Synchro for Dragons (w/Nomi) that can banish to destroy stuff, lock down all S/T during the Battle Phase and revives a material monster if it dies.

IMG credit: http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz178/JazinKay/Dragons/vgfdsfas.png

Anyway, CnC/love/hate/fix OCG, etc.

Make sure you adhere to the Advanced Clause when you review, okay? If you rate, backing for that is REQUIRED.

The usual reps are available for good reviewers.

No comment about the balance (because I am not an expert in ygo). As for the card, it's quite boring for me. I just don't like to see High atk dragon type because they are too common nowadays. I prefer weaker dragon, nevertheless I still like it, because I am biased toward dragon type monster.

This card seems very balanced but it is pretty generic (as you said) and I personally believe that Dragon types are overused. well done otherwise!

Yeah, Dragons have a very large toolbox that they can rely on to do pretty much everything they need/want to do. (And they're abundant)

I considered adding another effect to make it worth the effort of bringing out 12 Levels worth of stuff, but decided not (given that you just need Dragons; it's not like Scar-Red).

No comment about the balance (because I am not an expert in ygo). As for the card, it's quite boring for me. I just don't like to see High atk dragon type because they are too common nowadays. I prefer weaker dragon, nevertheless I still like it, because I am biased toward dragon type monster.

Anything that you'd suggest be added or removed?

For me, it's kinda balanced, except the fact that S/T lock that also applied for you too make it weak, most monsters with this kind of effect always lock only opponent, the banish to pop is legit since Dragons have many play around banishing, summoning 1 of the material when it's destroyed is good, though there are so many removal effect nowadays that not destroy it, so I think you can use leaves the field clause like Quasar did (still bypassed by 101), but this is just a suggestion, u can keep it like this if you think mine would so strong

For the IRL

Really only Dragon Rulers and Hyeratics can Summon this card, It's pretty much the same offensive result that Varjrayana + Aklys would produce.

In that aspect, I wouldn't say it's broken.

Though the format at the club is shaping up to be a tad weaker, and currently there are only 2 cards that could take it down, and it'd be situational.

Bird Soldier, which you'd have to attack.

Hestia the Swords Empress, which needs to battle first.

Either of which would still leave you with the revived dragon.

There are a couple of weakening effects, but he's just so high in ATK that it'd take a lot of effort to get him to reachable amounts, at least for now.

Probably some generic Dragon deck can make this also, but it's situational like the other stuff you mentioned.

I could see Rulers getting use of this card, even though they're Levels 4 (searcher) / 7 (original). Hieratics, I see them more as an Xyz deck but it can work.

Thinking of just making the Tuner component generic and leaving the other parts alone (Still would be restricted to Dragon decks for the most part)

I think it's balanced, but the card is kinda forgettable, nothing new about it.

I suggest you add some twist in the effect to make it more interesting, for example:

You can banish a dragon-type monster from your graveyard to return 1 monster

on the field to the owner's deck, this card cannot be destroyed by your opponent's

card effect... etc.

You know, "Shooting Star Dragon" is hard to summon, but not that strong, still

people use it because it's interesting :P

I'm sure you can come up with something more interesting.

Yeah, I need to give it an effect that'll make it worth the 12 Levels of summoning. (Again, this was made for a club set [Sleepy pointed it out] so had to condense the effect)

I'll just give it immunity to opponent effects and increase the amount of monster it can kill with its banish-destroy effect.

Archived