Instant Chat

Smear

This has been discussed over and over and has been dismissed everytime. So no support.

This is a really dumb reason to dismiss it.

What could it hurt to try? Accordion to Aix, it's beyond simple to add it and can just as easily be taken down. There are members who are all for trying it, and even Night said that it couldn't hurt to try it.

Just because something's been dismissed before doesn't mean there isn't reason to look at it again.

I'm all for giving it a test. If it doesn't work for whatever reason, or it feels like a clutter to the main page, just take it down again. If it's as simple to do as Aix said, then I don't see a problem.

I'm pretty sure it's not quite like you guys may imagine it. I've seen other sites and I'm pretty sure it's more like another tab at the top rather than a Facebook-esque bar at the bottom.

There my be a thing that can do it like Facebook but I don't know how to download plugins

I'm pretty sure it's not quite like you guys may imagine it. I've seen other sites and I'm pretty sure it's more like another tab at the top rather than a Facebook-esque bar at the bottom.

There my be a thing that can do it like Facebook but I don't know how to download plugins

That seems even better honestly. With the Facebook bar thing I worried it might clutter the main page, but if it's just another page/tab, I like that more.

Yeah, I believe it won't hurt to try. Though I think if its actually implemented, it won't be enough if its just a big public chat room for YCM, it'll need the ability to be able to support more private discussion, but it might be too much of a bother to handle. Am I even making any sense here.

Ain-To-English translator here. 

Basically, he wants a public chat room where people can throw perversion at each other but also have an actual private chat, like facebook.

I think it might be better to just have a certain specific chatroom, where we can discuss with everyone currently on the site (something like the anime sites do? they use chatango), and just stick it somewhere where theres space.

Derp, just noticed the issues for this. lol

Accordion to Aix.

tumblr_mzdeaaAvSO1t1hq2zo1_500.jpg

gdi Caeda

I support at least testing it out to see how it works.

No offense brah but I think it might be to our advantage to have a more tech-savvy mod work this one. Appreciate your support though.

It's not a matter of being tech-savvy >.> I'm pretty sure I have to use YCMaker's account on IPS Market in order to download plugins because it just denies me the permission to do so.

Most YCMers have most YCMers on Skype anyway and there has been no real reason for it other than "let's give it a try", so I suppose I'll also be against this now.

Not going to happen because adding a chat function is almost always certain death to forums. People would use the chat instead of posting and that would be that.

The site already is rarely used for what it was made for. I doubt adding a chat function would take away from the forum that much.

Like facebook or w/e

Nope, because as soon as you mention Facebook around here, the inner hipster of everyone comes out. "Oh, so YCM is Facebook now?" Is all you would see posted for months.

I Support it btw...

It's not a matter of being tech-savvy >.> I'm pretty sure I have to use YCMaker's account on IPS Market in order to download plugins because it just denies me the permission to do so.

My bad, I thought you meant that couldn't as in you didn't know or something.

Most YCMers have most YCMers on Skype anyway

OKAY BUT WHAT IF YOU AREN'T COOL ENOUGH AND NOBODY ADDS YOU? THEN WHAT? THIS IS A VERY REAL PROBLEM FOR SOME OF US.

We don't even post anyway. Get lazy? About half of our Top 20 posters post less than 8 times a day, which still isn't even a lot. 
I really don't get what the deal is.

And this seems to be a better way to have a conversation. These tedious PMs and statuses kind of suck at times with frequent communication. 

Spam? Hell at least half the site is already that, this will just concentrate it. You don't like spam statuses? Close the status bar. You don't like spam chat? Close the chat bar (assuming it will exist). 

I think we should do kinda what like Wikia does and just have the chat open in another tab.

I support this.

We don't even post anyway. Get lazy? About half of our Top 20 posters post less than 8 times a day, which still isn't even a lot. 
I really don't get what the deal is.

And this seems to be a better way to have a conversation. These tedious PMs and statuses kind of suck at times with frequent communication. 

Spam? Hell at least half the site is already that, this will just concentrate it. You don't like spam statuses? Close the status bar. You don't like spam chat? Close the chat bar (assuming it will exist). 

I think we should do kinda what like Wikia does and just have the chat open in another tab.

I support this.

You just can't get Skype on your school computer. That's what this is.

You all assume the forum is still alive. You can't really kill it if it was hardly active to begin with.

I don't get how it is literally just for lazy people when it can take you 3+ hours to get a response here when instant chat could give you a response....instantly. 

I'm done here though as it really doesn't matter that much...it's just that the logic supporting it and going against it is kinda flawed. The only one that makes a bit of sense fighting it is the whole spam thing which I kinda agree on.

Archived