Photo

[VCTR SET] Everyone's doing it so I might as well (Numbers)

Number Number C

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Vector Nightmare

Vector Nightmare

Barian Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
    Last Visit Jan 21 2018 08:05 AM
So yeah this is where I'll post various fake Numbers to complete the original 100, as well as Chaos forms either for those, or for existing Numbers that don't have them. Also various other random Number related stuff in the future. Probably.

Base Form Numbers

Chaos Numbers

Numbers Trivia

Headcanon

Changelog

[ My Numbers ]

[ Numbers (ft. 15 new base form Numbers + 37 new Chaos Numbers) ]

[ My Barian Emperor Structure Decks ]

[ Nasch | Durbe | Merag | Vector | Alito | Gilag | Misael ]

[ My Barian Singles & Other Stuff ]

[ Legacy of the Seven Emperors | Rank-Up-Magician Crimson World Sorcerer | Lighthouse Shark ]
[ Rank-Down-Magic Reverse Force ]

[ My Other Sets ]

[ Drago-Knights | Gimmick Puppet (support set) ]

[ My Other Singles ]

[ Duplex Lock | Sacred Dragon of the Aquamirror | Rank-Up-Magic Arc-V ]

[ My Stories ]

[ Yu-Gi-Oh! Dead Zone ]

[ I Know How To And Occasionally Do Play ]

- [] Yu-Gi-Oh! [] Cardfight!! Vanguard [] Battle Spirits [] Future Card Buddyfight [] Duel Masters [] -

Slinky

Slinky

Rokuogan!

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
    Last Visit May 14 2018 07:55 PM

Any particular reason why C25 doesn't have a generic effect?

DysonSlinky.png?3958

Old PSN

tumblr_m7v0bzcRAs1rn95k2o1_250.giftumblr_m7v0bzcRAs1rn95k2o2_250.gif

Vector Nightmare

Vector Nightmare

Barian Emperor

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

You know what, I was going to say "Because not all Chaos Numbers we know of have a secondary effect", but then I realized they kinda do (only one that doesn't is C15, who only has one effect, but one that is still generic). I'll add something to it in the next update. Plus R6 stuff need all the love they can get [very bias].

[ My Numbers ]

[ Legacy of the Seven Emperors | Rank-Up-Magician Crimson World Sorcerer | Lighthouse Shark ]

[ My Other Sets ]

[ My Other Singles ]

[ My Stories ]

[ Yu-Gi-Oh! Dead Zone ]

- [] Yu-Gi-Oh! [] Cardfight!! Vanguard [] Battle Spirits [] Future Card Buddyfight [] Duel Masters [] -

Vector Nightmare

Vector Nightmare

Barian Emperor

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
Small update, C25 buffed slightly, and C10 added.

[ My Numbers ]

[ My Other Sets ]

[ My Other Singles ]

[ My Stories ]

[ Yu-Gi-Oh! Dead Zone ]

Vector Nightmare

Vector Nightmare

Barian Emperor

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Updated with the new Numbers and Chaos Numbers from Alito's and Gilag's sets, which you can find in my signature. Next update will feature mostly Chaos versions of existing Numbers, as well as a couple of custom base Numbers for Nasch and Vector, so it'll be around when I finish and post those 2 decks. After that I will probably focus a bit more on base form Numbers.

[ My Numbers ]

[ My Other Sets ]

[ My Other Singles ]

[ My Stories ]

[ Yu-Gi-Oh! Dead Zone ]

Vector Nightmare

Vector Nightmare

Barian Emperor

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Today brings an important update. First, two new base form Numbers are added, 78 and 93, which are both Utopia-related Numbers. Those 2 have no Chaos forms (yet). Additionally, two more sections are added: the Numbers Trivia section attempts to explain my (poor) choices for which number is given to which monster, and the Headcanon section attempts to give you an idea of what role these Numbers would play in the anime, if my headcanon version of the anime was implemented =/

[ My Numbers ]

[ My Other Sets ]

[ My Other Singles ]

[ My Stories ]

[ Yu-Gi-Oh! Dead Zone ]

Vector Nightmare

Vector Nightmare

Barian Emperor

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Alright, I've added the new Numbers and Chaos Numbers from the final two Barian Emperor decks, Vector and Nasch. Now that I'm done with most of the Barian Numbers, I will focus for a while on introducing the rest of the missing base form Numbers, before working on more Chaos forms. Specifically, the next update will contain Number 90 and C90, which are meant to be V's ultimate Numbers and relate to Number 9: Dyson Sphere, and five new base form Numbers, all of them with Types, Attributes and/or Ranks that are rarely seen in the Numbers series.

I may also integrate various related support, such as Rank-Up-Magic cards, into this thread.

[ My Numbers ]

[ My Other Sets ]

[ My Other Singles ]

[ My Stories ]

[ Yu-Gi-Oh! Dead Zone ]

Vector Nightmare

Vector Nightmare

Barian Emperor

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Update happened as promised, with 6 new base form Numbers, and 1 Number C monster. The cards added are:

Number 45, a Rank 6 FIRE/Thunder monster

Number 67, a Rank 6 WIND/Winged Beast monster

Number 86, a Rank 2 WIND/Plant monster

Number 89, a Rank 8 WATER/Psychic monster

Number 98, a Rank 9 FIRE/Psychic monster

And Number 90 and C90, as expected, Rank 9 and 10 LIGHT/Machine monsters

I specifically focused on Rank 6 and 9, which are very poorly represented in the canon Number series and in general, also WIND, which is grossly underrepresented. Additionally, the practically non-existent Thunder and Winged Beast and (to a lesser extent) Plant types. And we have two high Rank Psychic monsters - Psychic monsters only appear in the Numbers archetype as Heraldic-related, LIGHT Attribute monsters, which I aimed to correct. Why are Kyubi and Orochi Psychic types, when they are actually beasts? Well, my concept for those two has them having psychic powers that allow them to appear human (their base forms), and they only change to their beastly forms after Chaos Xyz Change. Because this type of ability is often explicitly referred to as psychic powers in lore, I think the type is fitting for them.

Updated will probably slow down a lot now that I've already dumped all my initial concepts and plans here. Next update will probably be a small batch of Chaos Numbers, along with some archetype Numbers I've been planning to do. I'm thinking Fabled, Evilswarm, Lavalval, Mist Valley, Gishki and Naturia will make for a nice Attribute-spread set that is generic enough to work as part of the series, while acting as a nod to the Duel Terminal series.

You can leave opinions / ideas / suggestions / whatever, if you like.

EDIT: Oh, and it should be more or less obvious, but those Numbers that are missing from the headcanon section are those who do not play an important / plot-relevant part in it yet. That means either not appearing at all, or having some random role as Numbers claimed by Yuma or the Barians, and used in some fight.

[ My Numbers ]

[ My Other Sets ]

[ My Other Singles ]

[ My Stories ]

[ Yu-Gi-Oh! Dead Zone ]

Bringerofcake

Bringerofcake

λ

• λ
  • 9,587 posts
    Last Visit Jun 17 2019 08:17 PM

If it's any encouragement, I would definitely read a headcanon-ized version of ZeXal.

Is 45 supposed to work so well with Hazy Flames, especially with Hydra?

Vector Nightmare

Vector Nightmare

Barian Emperor

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
Yeah. The idea was to buff Rank 6 in general, but I did have Hazy Flames in mind when I made it.

Today's update is seven Chaos forms of base form Numbers, specifically the single digit ones we are missing and some from the 10-20 bracket (7, 8, 11, 12, 18, 19, 20). I feel like I might have gone a little overboard with C7 (in terms of how gimmicky it is), but 7 is a very gimmicky card in the first place so I don't mind too much.

Next update will probably be the missing Numbers from that bracket (13, 16, 17), and tackling the 20-30 bracket.

[ My Numbers ]

[ My Other Sets ]

[ My Other Singles ]

[ My Stories ]

[ Yu-Gi-Oh! Dead Zone ]

Bringerofcake

Bringerofcake

λ

• λ
  • 9,587 posts
    Last Visit Jun 17 2019 08:17 PM

This also may be a bit much to ask, but it's getting tiring to see chaos in every card name. I know they're chaos numbers, but I feel like you can get a lot more creative with the names. For example, Chaos Freezadon could be something like Black Ice Dino - Freezasaurus (OCG obviously). Just little touches to improve the flavor a bit.

Vector Nightmare

Vector Nightmare

Barian Emperor

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
Well, the naming conventions for some of the under-100 Chaos Numbers seem to favor including "Chaos" in the actual name as well (7, 9, 92 etc), so I didn't feel too bothered by it. But it was probably just the writers getting lazy, in retrospect.

Rejoice though, because the new batch, even though it only contains four new Chaos Numbers, only features one iteration of the word Chaos in their TCG names beyond the monikers, and a grand total of zero in the OCG names.

C22 is pretty much a bigger body 22 with a broad-scope negation effect and self-revival. It's probably a bit on the broken side. C30 follows 30's trend of being something whose high power you want to take advantage of for a while, and then dump on your opponent. It even has an effect that lets you dump the regular 30 directly on your opponent. C32 is kinda along the lines of the recent trend I introduced in Shark's cards (which was stolen inspired from Neo's fanfic use of related cards) of keeping the field down to one monster per side. And finally, C34 is probably the most interesting of the batch. It has a Type-hate effect that you can take advantage of with DNA Surgery maybe, and it is otherwise a ticking time bomb that starts as a wall, but progressively gains attack power while also building up threat that explodes when it blows up, with the capacity to completely cripple your opponent if he overlooks it for too long.

[ My Numbers ]

[ My Other Sets ]

[ My Other Singles ]

[ My Stories ]

[ Yu-Gi-Oh! Dead Zone ]

Vector Nightmare

Vector Nightmare

Barian Emperor

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
Updated with 6 more Chaos Numbers - C13, C16, C17, C31, C33 and C36. With these, all the OCG/TCG Numbers from 1 to 40 have Chaos forms.

Note that these 6 are probably pretty awkward, because they're based on some of the worst Numbers design-wise. 13 and 31 are incredibly gimmicky. 17 is simplistic. 16 is broken. And 33 and 36 are pretty much OTK engines. The same pretty much apply to the Chaos forms I made for them.

[ My Numbers ]

[ My Other Sets ]

[ My Other Singles ]

[ My Stories ]

[ Yu-Gi-Oh! Dead Zone ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users