After school cartoons...[Toon Support (6/6)]

Ren✧

25uh7o5.png

After School Cartoons Special

A 6 Card Installment

Toon Support

Created by ~Renegade~

Credit to Armadilloz for OCG Corrections

As we grow up, we leave our pasts behind and the things that we once loved sit forgotten in our minds. Occasionally we revisit the past to satisfy the nostalgia that tugs at our hearts, but when someone revisits Toon World they can never leave. I guess the real problem isn't choosing to relive your childhood, it's when your childhood starts to live through you...

4OiMjJz.jpg

As long as this card is face-up on the field, its name is treated as "Toon World." Instead of conducting your regular Draw Phase, you can add 1 Toon monster from your Deck to your hand. If this card would be destroyed, you can send it to your Graveyard instead. Then, you can add 1 "Toon World" from your Deck to your hand. 

vEdKCOh.jpg

This card cannot attack directly the turn it is Summoned. If "Toon World" on the field is destroyed, destroy this card. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon Monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. If this card would be destroyed while you do not control a face-up "Toon World": You can place this card in your Spell & Trap Card Zone. This effect can only be activated once while this card is face-up on the field. As long as this card is in your Spell & Trap Card Zone its name is treated as "Toon World." If you activate a "Toon World" Spell Card while this card is in your Spell & Trap Card Zone: Special Summon this card, then add 1 "Toon" or "Manga" card from your Deck to your hand. 

7jjKuOj.jpg

2 Toon Monsters
Must be Special Summoned(from your Extra Deck) by sending the above cards from your side of the field to the Graveyard while you control "Toon World". (You do not use "Polymerization"). Cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard. You can only control 1 face-up "Meteor Toon Dragon." You must pay 800 Life Points to declare an attack with this card. If a face-up "Toon World" that you control would be destroyed: Destroy this card instead. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, Toon Monsters can be Summoned with 1 less Tribute.

Aw5e3ph.jpg
This card is treated as a "Toon" monster. This card cannot attack directly the turn it is Summoned. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon Monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. This card cannot be Special Summoned, unless you control a face-up "Toon World." You can Tribute 1 face-up monster you contro: Special Summon this card(from hand). If you Tributed a Toon Monster in this way: You can Special Summon 1 "Red-Eyes T. Dragon" from your hand or Deck. You cannot Special Summon monsters during the turn you activated this effect, except Toon Monsters.

cahe6E6.jpg
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This card cannot attack directly the turn it is Summoned. You can Special Summon this card from your hand while you control a face-up "Toon World" and control no monsters. This card cannot attack directly the turn it is Summoned. If "Toon World" on the field is destroyed, destroy this card. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon Monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. If a face-up "Toon" or "Manga" card would be destroyed: You can discard this card instead.

CxYqj0c.jpg
Activate only if a face-up "Toon World" and/or Toon Monster(s) are destroyed by a card effect. Target cards your opponent controls up to the number of your cards that were destroyed: Destroy them. You can only activate this effect of "That's All Folks!" once per turn. If this Set card is destroyed by an opponent's card effect: You can add to your hand 1 "Toon" or "Manga" card from your Graveyard.
[hr]

Some of you might recognize the first three cards from my 100 Single Card Challenge, but I have gone over them and polished them up a bit. The bottom three are all new and ready for comments and critiques :D As always, constructive criticism and OCG corrections are appreciated and will be rewarded with LIKES :D

Town's last effect: "If this card would be destroyed, you can send it to the Graveyard instead. Then, you can add 1 "Toon World" from your Deck to your hand."
Cleaned it up a bit for you.

Genie: Fine.

Meteor's last effect: "As long as this card remains face-up on the field, Toon Monsters can be Normal Summoned with 1 less Tribute."
Assuming, of course, you want it to be like that, since the version you have is a little contradictive. Or at least, sounds that way.

Red-Eyes later effects: "You can Tribute 1 face-up monsters you control: Special Summon this card(from hand). If you Tributed a Toon Monster in this way, You can destroy all other face-up monsters on the field. Then, Special Summon 1 "Red-Eyes T. Dragon" from your hand or Deck. You cannot Special Summon monsters during the turn you activated this effect, except Toon Monsters."
You had some things backwards here, so I straightened those up.

Cyber Dragon's text: Ehh, it's fine.

Folks: "Activate only if a face-up "Toon World" and/or Toon Monster(s) are destroyed a card effect. Target cards your opponent controls up to the number of your cards that were destroyed: Destroy them. You can only activate this effect of [card's name] once per turn. If this Set card is destroyed by an opponent's card effect: You can add to your hand 1 "Toon" or "Manga" card from your Graveyard"
Folks effect is a little sloppy, but I think this is what your going for(Personally I found it a little hard to word it myself).

My revisions aren't exactly "perfect", per say, but at least it's something.

That aside...
These looks pretty silly. Not because of the artwork, but because these would actually do something as far as the Archetype goes, and give it an extra layer of playability. Especially with Genie, since it, itself, becomes a Toon World, and isn't bound by typical Toon Monster drawbacks. Red-Eyes is questionable, because Toons can easily make up for the Tributed monster part. This one is no exception because it also gives you a copy of itself and blows up all other face-up monsters on the field, so naturally you would only play this if you had a whole 1 monster out. If you were concerned about this card needing to be nerfed in some way, you would either remove the ability to Summon another copy, or remove the destruction part.

Thank you Arm for the review and OCG corrections. I don't think adding playability to a more or less unplayed archetype is silly. I was attempting to make the archetype at least somewhat competitive. Red Eyes T. Dragon was made in an attempt to clear the field for Meteor Toon Dragon, in an attempt to hit your opponent with some major fire power. 

Looking at your Meteor correction, what needs to be noted is that most high leveled toons cannot be Normal Summoned, but rather are special summoned via a Tributing method. 

I will go through and polish the cards up a bit as well as apply your corrections in a little while. Right now I am using a tablet and editing cards in such a way are a bit troublesome. 

I don't think adding playability to a more or less unplayed archetype is silly-

I didn't mean that as a bad thing, though. I actually listed how it was a good thing O,o

Looking at your Meteor correction, what needs to be noted is that most high leveled toons cannot be Normal Summoned, but rather are special summoned via a Tributing method.

Thing is... It's not exactly a cost, per say. I mean, take Blue-Eyes for example.
Compare it's first version:

You can Special Summon this monster from your hand, but Tributes are required for monsters Level 5 or more.

To it's latest version:

Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing the same number of monsters required for a Tribute Summon (normally 2).

It's still pretty wonky.
But I guess the version you listed would make more sense. All I did was just try and shorten it.

Im in love with this idea. Considering it got its own card type, toons were very short lived.

The cards are very nice, and the art is fantastic.

Only real complaint is with toon town's adding instead of drawing effect, which seems a bit overpowered.

Prehaps you could change it to a "malefic world " style adding?

I really like these cards! I think that the artwork is amazing and the card effects for the most part are fair. My only suggestion is maybe making "That's All Folks!" a normal trap card instead of a counter trap card. This is because most, if not every, counter trap card negates something and "That's All Folks!" does not. Also, "That's All Folks!" would be too powerful if it remained a counter trap card due to the fact that a counter trap card can only be negated by another counter trap. If "That's All Folks!" was a normal trap card your opponent would have a better chance of negating its effect, thus making it more fair. I'm glad that you made these cards though because they improve an archetype that is overlooked all too often.

Im in love with this idea. Considering it got its own card type, toons were very short lived.

The cards are very nice, and the art is fantastic.

Only real complaint is with toon town's adding instead of drawing effect, which seems a bit overpowered.

Prehaps you could change it to a "malefic world " style adding?

I really like these cards! I think that the artwork is amazing and the card effects for the most part are fair. My only suggestion is maybe making "That's All Folks!" a normal trap card instead of a counter trap card. This is because most, if not every, counter trap card negates something and "That's All Folks!" does not. Also, "That's All Folks!" would be too powerful if it remained a counter trap card due to the fact that a counter trap card can only be negated by another counter trap. If "That's All Folks!" was a normal trap card your opponent would have a better chance of negating its effect, thus making it more fair. I'm glad that you made these cards though because they improve an archetype that is overlooked all too often.

Thank you both for your comments and suggestions, it's nice to know that the cards are appreciated. As of right now, I don't think I'll change any card effects, but if similar concerns are brought up by more members I will considering editing. Again, thank you! :D

Archived