Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Wars

Tentishark

[spoiler='Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Wars Logo']YugiohDarkWarsLogo_zps72b32eb9.jpg=[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Prologue- The Vision']     “Wait for me!” cried a blonde-haired blue eyed girl running toward a closing metal door.
     “Hold that door!” a deep voice yelled and a man with long black hair and green eyes stepped out the door who wasn't much taller than the girl, “Xyla what are you doing here?”
     “I want to help, Algear!” Xyla answered, “Please?”
     “Okay, you can come in,” Algear said and he turned toward the door, “Boys! We're having an unsuspected person join tonight's meeting.”
     “Thank you,” said Xyla as she walked in.
     “Who is this child?” another dark haired man asked rudely.
     “Hold your tongue, Bazmat! She is the last Time Witch alive or probably alive,” said Algear.
     “Time Witch? This child?” replied Bazmat surprised.
     “Yes, she could be a useful member to us,” said Algear.
      Just then Xyla collapsed.
      “What's wrong, Devon?” asked a red-headed boy talking to a brown headed boy.
     “I just got expelled, Luke,” said a brown-haired boy apparently named Devon, “I just want to kill Mrs. Wilson and Landon.”
     “I'm sorry,” said Luke, “I wish there was something I could do to help.”
     Then another Xyla appeared in front of them with a silver handled sword wrapped by a piece of cloth.
     “Is that the Master Blade of Shadows?” the dreaming Xyla asked herself, “I wonder what year this is.”
     “What is today?” the other Xyla asked the boy named Devon.
     “Um... March 17, 2012,” Devon replied, “Are you okay?”
     “Yeah, just a headache,” answered Xyla, “Why do you ask?”
     “Xyla!” She heard Algear's voice say, “Xyla! Wake up!”
     “Not yet! I need to know what this means!” the dreaming Xyla thought.
     “Xyla! Xyla!” Algear's voice kept saying.
     “Not yet!” Xyla screamed as she woke up shaking.
     “What happened?” Bazmat asked impatiently.
     “Go get her some water. Now!” Algear yelled.
     Bazmat ran and got a goblet filled with water for Xyla.
     “Drink this, it will help,” said Algear quietly.
     “Do you have the Master Blade of Shadows?” Xyla asked Algear after taking a small sip.
     “Yes I do, why do you ask?” Algear asks.
     “I just had a vision about it and two boys who i think one of them is the Hero of Shadows,” Xyla answered before taking another sip.
     “Do you know when the Hero of Shadows exists?” asks Bazmat.
     “Yes,” Xyla said trying to focus, “March 17, 2012.”
     “Okay, do you think you can take me there?” asks Algear.
     “No, this is something I must do alone,” Xyla replies.
     “What? Then the answer is no? I won't let you,” said Algear.
     “I have to if we are going to win this war against Xatos and save Elos,” Xyla said.
     “Let her go, Algear,” said Bazmat.
     “Fine, but you need to find him quickly!” said Algear.
     “Okay, let me go get the Spell ready,” said Xyla, “and you need to go and get the Master Blade of Shadows, Algear.”
     “Okay,” said Algear, “I'll go get it.”
     Xyla changed clothes into the same dress she saw herself wearing in the vision, and grabbed her purple chalk stick and her beige-colored cloth she saw in the vision. While Algear went and grabbed the Master Blade of Shadows. They met in the same room in which Xyla fainted in.
     “The sword will know who is to be Chosen,” Algear said and ordered everybody to leave her and he closed the door behind him.
     “Akku hondar anta levoyer,” Xyla said holding the Master Blade of Shadows wrapped with the beige cloth as she drew March 17, 2012 onto the floor, “ Akku hondar anta levoyer telink handu win doah!”
     She appeared in a street near a sign that said “Welcome to New Pond Park” where the two boys from her dream was stand.[/spoiler]

Arc 1 - Dawsfield Tournament Arc

[spoiler='Chapter 1- Expulsion']     A boy with brown eyes and a brown buzzcut and a boy with green eyes and a ginger-colored crew cut were sitting at the school playground's gazebo between the jungle gym and the swing set looking at their Duel Monster cards.
     “Hey, Devon?” the ginger-haired boy asked as he looked through his Phoenix Mech Deck, “Want to start a dueling club this summer?”
     “Yeah sure, Luke” the brown-haired boy named Devon said as three blue-eyed boys with blonde hair walking in a triangle approached them, “Great, its the blondie boys.”
     “Who are you calling 'blondie'?” asked the kid in front.
     “You and your brothers, Landon,” Luke said.
     “Did I ask you?” Landon snapped.
     “No, but do I ever care?” Luke said calmly.
     “Pretty tough talk, little guy!” Landon said as he swiped Luke's deck out of his hands, “But not tough enough.”
     “Give it back!” Luke yelled as Landon's brothers held him back and looked through Luke's deck.
     “You use a Phoenix Mech Deck?” Landon asked Luke, “Ha! There is no way you have the boss monster for them. No way!”

Landon showed his brothers Luke's Phoenix Mech Drake and they dropped their jaw in awe.
     “How did you get this?!” asked Landon in anger.
     “His birthday present from me,” Devon said as Landon look at him, “My aunt works for Industrial Illusions as their Chief Card Designer.”
     “I think I'll keep this,” Landon said getting ready to walk away with Luke's deck.
     “You want it, you have to earn it,” said Devon “by defeating me in a duel.”
     “Why would I want to duel you for this deck, when I can walk off with it right now?” asked Landon.
     “Use your head for once, Landon, I gave Luke Phoenix Mech Drake. What cards could I have in my deck that are even more valuable and rare?”
      “Show me one card you have that's more valuable than his Phoenix Mech Drake.”
Devon held up his a Synchro monster that depicted a black sphinx with a gold mane and a sword in one hand and a spear in the other.
     “What? Is that Shadow Sphinx?”
     “Yes and my deck consists of Shadow monsters,” replied Devon.
     “And you're betting your and your friend's decks in one duel?” asked Landon.
     “Yep, if you win, You get both of our decks. If I win, you give Luke his deck back,” Devon said as he strapped on his Duel Disk.
     “Okay you're on,” Landon said as he got out his lefty Duel Disk and strapped it to his arm.
     “Let's duel!” they both shouted. (Landon: 4000/ Devon: 4000)
     “Since you challenged me, I go first,” Landon said as he drew and looked at his hand, “I activate the Spell card Draconnection, now I have to reveal one Dragon-Type monster in my hand and can exchange it for another one, so I reveal Golem Dragon.”
     He showed Devon a card that depicted a stone dragon whose arms were protecting its face.
     “And exchange it for Debris Dragon.”
     He showed Devon another card but this one had a picture of a silver dragon with orange jewels on its chest and shoulders.
     “Next I set a monster face down Defense Position along with a face down card and end my turn,” Landon said.
     “Alright, my turn,” Devon said as he drew and looked through his hand (Shadow Wolf, Shadow Hero, Shadow Knight, Limit Impulse, Void Flare Crystal, Negate Attack), “I summon Shadow Wolf in Attack Position(Level 4/ ATK: 1800/ DEF: 1200).”
     A black wolf with red eyes and four tails appeared in between Devon and Landon's face down monster.
     “When Shadow Wolf is Normal Summoned he gets two Lunar Counters put on him. Now I activate Shadow Wolf's effect, by removing one Lunar Counter I can increase the ATK of one Shadow monster I control by 500 points and I choose Shadow Wolf (Level 4/ATK: 1800/DEF:1200 to Level 4/ ATK 2300/ DEF: 1200). Shadow Wolf attack Landon's face down monster.”
     The black wolf lunged at Landon's face down monster card and bit it. Then a Twin-Headed Behemoth (Level 4/ ATK: 1500/DEF: 1200), a two headed purple dragon with black spikes on it appeared where the face down card was and shattered like glass.
     “I set two cards face-down and end my turn which means my Shadow Wolf's ATK is back to normal(Level 4/ATK: 2300/DEF:1200 to Level 4/ ATK 1800/ DEF: 1200) ,” Devon said as Landon's Twin-Headed Behemoth appeared again in Defense Position but this time it only had 1000 ATK and DEF, “Hey what gives?”
     “During the End Phase when Twin-Headed Behemoth is destroyed, it gets to come back with 1000 ATK and DEF, but only once per duel” explained Landon as he drew and glanced at his the card, “I activate Dragon Shrine which allows me to send one Dragon-Type monster from my deck to the Graveyard. Like my Rabidragon!”
     He showed Devon a card that the only way to describe was a bunny-dragon.
     “I don't have to send a second Dragon-Type monster to the Graveyard so I wont. But I will summon Lord of D. in Attack Position (Level 4/ ATK: 1200/ DEF: 1100). Now I activate the Spell card Flute of Summoning Dragon to Special Summon Tri-Horned Dragon (Level 8/ ATK: 2850/ DEF: 2350) from my hand.”

A light blue dragon with three yellow horns on its head and a red belly appeared in front of Landon.
     “Now I activate my face down Trap card Call of the Haunted, which allows me to Special Summon one monster from my Graveyard in Attack Position, like Rabidragon (Level 8/ ATK: 2950/ DEF: 2900)!”
     The bunny-dragon appeared beside Landon's three other monsters.
     “Now I overlay Level 8 Rabidragon and Tri-Horned Dragon to build the Overlay Network and Xyz Summon Thunder End Dragon (Rank 8/ATK: 3000/ DEF: 2000)!”
     His Tri-Horned Dragon and Rabidragon disappeared in to a space-looking vortex and a new dragon, one that was blue and white with lightning flowing out of the spikes on its neck appeared.
     “I activate Thunder End Dragon's effect, by detaching one Xyz Material from the card, it destroys all other monsters on the field!” Landon exclaimed as it destroyed his other two monsters, Twin-Headed Behemoth and Lord of D. and my Shadow Wolf, “I attack you directly with Thunder End Dragon.”
     Thunder end Dragon raised its head and shot a lightning bolt out of its mouth.
     “Not quite,” said Devon, “I activate my Trap card Negate Attack. This card stops your attack and ends the Battle Phase.”
     Before the attack hit Devon it disappeared inside an invisible void.
     “Fine, I end my turn,” said Landon.
     “Give me that card please,” Devon prayed as he drew the card Shadow Dragon, “Ha! I activate my second face-down Trap card, Limit Impulse! By sending two cards from my hand to the Graveyard, like my Shadow Hero and Shadow Knight, I can Special Summon two Soul Tokens (Level 1/ATK: 0/DEF/ 0) in Attack Position. When Shadow Knight is sent from my hand to the Graveyard, I gain 1000 Life Points(Landon: 4000/ Devon: 4000 to Landon: 4000/ Devon: 5000) and when Shadow Hero is sent to the Graveyard from my hand it destroys a monster you control, like your Thunder End Dragon!”
     “What?” asked Landon as his Thunder End Dragon was obliterated by a ball of darkness.
     “I tribute my two Soul Tokens to summon Shadow Dragon (Level 8/ ATK: 3000/ DEF: 2400)!”
     A black dragon with purple eyes and darkness emanating from it appeared on Devon's side of the field.
     “Shadow Dragon gets two Lunar Counters when Normal Summoned but I won't be needing them,” Devon said, “Next I activate my Void Flare Crystal Spell card, to tribute my Shadow Dragon and summon Shadow Fire Dragon (Level 9/ ATK: 3200/ DEF: 2600) from my deck in Attack Position!'
     Shadow Dragon disappeared into a black flame and a black dragon with what looked like black lava dripping off of it appeared where the Shadow Dragon stood.
     “When Shadow Fire Dragon is Special Summoned it gets four Lunar Counters on it. I remove one Lunar Counter from Shadow Fire Dragon to inflict 200 points of damage to your Life Points for each Shadow monster in my Graveyard. I have four so that's 800 points(Landon: 4000/ Devon: 5000 to Landon: 3200/ Devon: 5000). Now my Shadow Moon Dragon, attack Landon directly.”
     Shadow Fire Dragon roared and breathed black flames at Landon wiping his Life Points out. (Landon: 3200/ Devon: 5000 to Landon: 0/ Devon: 5000).
     “Oh man, I lost!” Landon said angrily.
     “Yes you did, so give me back Luke's deck,” said Devon.
     “I don't think so,” said Landon, “I think I'll keep it.”
     “We had a deal,” said Devon.
     “Yeah and what are you going to do about it?” asked Landon.
     By this time, Devon was fed up with Landon's attitude and without thinking he said, “This,” and he punched Landon in the face so hard that it knocked Landon into his two brothers and Luke's deck case went into the air but Devon caught it.
     “Here Luke,” Devon said as he handed him his deck case with his cards inside.
     “Thanks,” said Luke.
     Then Mrs. Wilson, the principal, walked up to Devon.
     “Did I just see you punch Landon in the face?” Mrs. Wilson asked Devon.
     “Yeah, I'm not going to lie or regret it,” replied Devon.
     “You know violence is not tolerated in this school.”
     “Tell Landon to quit being a bully and maybe I won't have to knock his senses loose.”
     “Why didn't you tell a teacher?”
     “We have, they didn't do anything.”
     “Well your expelled for assault on another student, go clean out your locker.”
     “Shoot!” exclaimed Devon.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Chapter 2- The Mysterious Girl, Xyla']     Devon was sitting at his favorite spot at New Pond Park, behind the big wooden sign that said “Welcome to New Pond Park” that was about the size of a band camp billboard, when Luke found him after school the day he got expelled.
     “Hey Devon!” Luke yelled from across the street.
     “Hey Luke,” Devon said quietly.
     “What's wrong, Devon?” asked Luke.
     “I just got expelled, Luke,” Devon said, “I just want to kill Landon and Mrs. Wilson.”
     “I'm sorry,” said Luke, “I wish there was something I could do to help.”
     Then a flash of lightning hit the ground in the middle of the street in front of Devon and Luke and a girl grasping something wrapped in a cloth appeared laying down on the ground where the lightning struck the concrete as a car was coming. Devon sprinted towards the girl as she sat up and pushed her out of the car's way and he got hit instead.
     “Devon!” Luke exclaimed as Devon stood up holding his right shoulder, “Are you okay?”
     “Yeah, except for my shoulder,” said Devon as he looked at the girl, “Its a good thing the speed limit is only twenty miles per hour. Is she okay?”
     “Let's go ask her,” Luke said.
     “Darn it, wrong spot,” said the girl, “I can't get anything right.”
     “Hey, um, are you okay?” Devon asked her still holding his shoulder.
     “Yeah. Just a headache,” she said, looking up at him, “What's wrong with your shoulder?”
     “Did you not just see him get hit by a car?” Luke asked angrily.
     “What's a car?” asked the girl.
     “Is she stupid?” Luke asked Devon.
     “Stop it, Luke,” said Devon, “I think she is suffering from amnesia.”
     “What's that?” asked the girl.
     “Don't worry about it,” Devon said, “What's your name?”
     “Xyla,” she said.
     “Okay, weird,” said Luke.
     “Shut up,” Devon said to Luke and he reached his left hand out to Xyla to help her up, “Let's go to my house.”
     “Um, sure,” Xyla said taking it.
     They walked down the street about two blocks to Devon's house.
     “Hey Aunt Ruby,” said Devon.
     “I got a call from the school,” said Aunt Ruby, “they said you got expelled for punching some kid in the face?”
      “Oh here we go,” said Devon, “he took Luke's dueling deck and wouldn't give it back even after we made a deal to duel for it and my deck.”
     “He did what?!” she asks angrily.
      “Why is she getting upset?” Luke asked Devon quietly.
     “She designed the Phoenix Mech Drake card you have in your deck. It's her favorite card she designed so far,” Devon answered in a whisper, “Anyway onto the subject at hand. Aunt Ruby, this is Xyla and she hasn't got a place to stay. I was wondering if she could stay in the extra bedroom upstairs where Luke usually sleeps when he stays the night.”
     “Of course, she can,” Aunt Ruby said as she looked at Xyla, “that's a pretty dress you have there. Where did you get it?”
     “I don't know, my Lady” answered Xyla.
     “What's with the 'my lady' stuff?” Luke asked her.
     “It's how my mother taught me to speak to females,” said Xyla.
     “No need for Medieval formalities. Please, call me Ruby,” Aunt Ruby said to Xyla and Xyla's face turned red from embarrassment.
     “Okay... Ruby,” said Xyla.
     “How old are you?” Luke asked Xyla.
     “What do you mean?” Xyla asked and Luke gave her a dumb look.
     “He means what is your age?” said Devon.
     “Oh, I guess I would be ten years of age,” Xyla said.
     "What's that your holding?” Luke asked her.
     “This is why I came here,” she said, “Where is here exactly?”
     “This is Dawsfield, California,” Devon said.
     “And the day is what?” Xyla asked.
     “March 17, 2012,” said Devon.
     “At least I got that right,” thought Xyla aloud.
     “What was that?” Luke asked.
     “Nothing,” she said quickly and she yawned, “I think I'm getting tired.”
     “You can take a nap until dinner, I have some spare clothes of my cousin's before she moved out,” said Devon, “She was a little taller than you but not by much.”
     “Thank you,” Xyla said.
     “This will be your room, Xyla,” Luke said, “Its not much but it'll do for now.”
     It was a royal blue painted room with Duel Monster posters all over the walls and a tan carpet.
     “It's wonderful,” Xyla said quietly.
     “What?” Luke asked surprised, “I took you for a princess-pink type of girl.”
     “Where I come from the walls and floor are made of wood with no decorations,” Xyla said.
     “Oh... okay,” said Devon, “Well, we'll give you some privacy. Let's go, Luke.”
     “Okay,” he said and we left the room.
     “I think I thought of a new Archetype at work today, boys,” said Aunt Ruby.
     “Really? Cool, I can't wait to hear about it,” Devon said.
     “Yeah, you were always good at making Duel Monster cards,” agreed Luke as he saw Xyla hiding under the stair's guardrail, “Hey Xyla, you can come down, you know.”
     “Oh okay, I just didn't want to interrupt your conversation, whatever it is about,” said Xyla.

“You mean you have never heard of Duel Monsters?” Luke asked her.
     “What's that?” she replied.
     “It's a card game,” Devon said, “It consists of Monster cards, Spell cards, and Trap cards.”
     “Spells? You mean like magic?” Xyla asked.
     “Yeah, I guess. But you use these three type of cards to drop your opponent's Life Points to zero. Then you win.” explained Devon.
     “Can I try?” Xyla asked.
     “It will be probably best to watch a real duel first,” Luke said.
     “Yeah, only without the holograms,” Devon said as he opened the coffee table's drawer “Good thing I kept these.”
     “Let me guess, Duel Mats?” asked Luke.
     “Yeah, I keep them in case a new player wants to learn how to play, so the holograms don't freak the out,” said Devon as he ejected his deck from his duel disk.
     “Good idea,” Luke said as he did the same, “Okay Xyla, pay attention.”
     “Let's duel!” (Devon: 4000/Luke: 4000)
     “You do the honor's Devon,” Luke said, “First thing you do on your turn is draw one card and you start the duel with five cards in your hand, okay Xyla?”
     “Yes, I think I got it, so far,” said Xyla.
     “Okay,” Devon said as he drew Shadow Vampire and looked through the rest of his cards(Shadow Reaper, Dark Illusion, Void Armor, Monster Reborn, Void Reincarnation), “I Summon Shadow Vampire in Attack Position (4/ATK 1900/DEF 1000).”
Devon laid down a card that had a picture of a purple vampire in black armor with a black cape on the field.
     “See the stars above the picture, Xyla? This is called a Level, however many stars are on the card is its Level. You can Normal Summon a Level 4 or lower monster without tributing. Tributing is well we can get to that later, when it happens, which knowing Luke will be on his next turn. Now I place one card face-down and end my turn,” said Devon.
     “Alright, I got it” said Xyla.
     “My move,” Luke said as he drew and looked at the card's in his hand, “I Summon Phoenix Mech Alligator in Attack Position (4/ ATK 1800/DEF 1200).”
     Luke laid down a card that depicted a red robotic alligator with flames on its tail.
     “Summoning that allows me to Special Summon two Phoenix Mech Tokens in Defense Position (2/ATK 800/DEF 800). Special Summoning is different than Normal Summoning, Normal Summoning you can do only once a turn, however you can Special Summon as many time as you want per turn with the right card effects. And now for tributing, Tributing is a term that means to send a monster from your side of the field to the Graveyard, or with tokens just remove from the field.”
     “But what's a Token?” asked Xyla as Luke placed two Poker cards on the Duel Mat sideways.
     “Tokens are basically fake monsters that can't be sent anywhere but the field and only there by a card effect,” explained Devon.
     “By tributing one of my Phoenix Mech Tokens, I can target and destroy one monster you control, like your Shadow Vampire!”
     “Not quite, I activate my Dark Illusion Trap card,” said Devon, “This negates your monster's effect and destroys it. Trap cards have to be set a turn before activating, like I set Dark Illusion last turn and activated it this turn.”
     “Okay, but what about Spell cards?” asked Xyla.
     “Spell cards can be played straight from the hand, only on your turn. Quick-Play Spells are the exception. They can be played from the hand like a Spell, or set like a Trap,” Devon explained.
     “Okay, sure,” said Xyla.
     “Confusing, I know,” said Luke as he placed his Phoenix Mech Alligator in the Graveyard, “I set one card face-down and end my turn.”
     “My turn,” said Devon as he drew Shadow Panther, “Okay, I Summon Shadow Panther in Attack Position (3/ATK 1200/DEF 1000).”
Devon laid down an Effect Monster card with a picture of a black panther with a lake and the moon in the background.
      “When Shadow Panther is Normal Summoned, it gets two Lunar Counters placed on it...”
      “What are Lunar Counters?” Xyla asked interrupting Devon.
      “Some cards have Effects that require markers or Counters,” says Aunt Ruby, “The name is basically just to specify which Archetype they belong to. Most Counter Archetypes require specific Counters to activate their effects, like Devon's Shadow Archetype takes Lunar Counters, like if he was dueling a Blizzard Deck, which uses Ice Counters, he can't use Ice Counters to activate his Shadow monsters' effects.”
     “Oh, I get it, I think,” says Xyla, “it's a little confusing.”
     “It will get more confusing, if I know what Devon is doing,” said Aunt Ruby.
     “Shh. You're going to spoil the surprise!” Devon said irritatedly at Aunt Ruby as he grabbed a Poker card.
     “I already know what you're doing, Devon,” Luke said, “and this time I'm ready for it.”
     “I'm not trying to surprise you!” exclaimed Devon, “Even though it would look cooler if we had used our Duel Disks.”
     “Will you two be quiet and duel? Dinner will be done in an hour,” Aunt Ruby said.
     “Okay,” Devon and Luke said in unison.
     “Now where was I?” Devon asked himself, “Oh yeah, I activate Shadow Panther's effect, by removing two Lunar Counters from it, I can Special Summon one Shadow Panther Token in Attack Position (3/ATK 1200/DEF 1000). I tune Level 4 Shadow Vampire with my Shadow Panther and my Shadow Panther Token to Synchro Summon Shadow Sphinx in Attack Position (10/ATK 3500/ DEF 2300)!”
     Devon moved his Shadow Vampire, Shadow Panther to the Graveyard and the Poker card back to the top of the Poker deck and he placed a card that depicted the black sphinx with the golden mane face-up vertically.
     “Try this,” Luke said flipping his face down card face-up, “Bottomless Trap Hole, which destroys your monster and banishes it.”
     “What does banish mean?” asked Xyla.
     “Basically it's put off the mat into a pile separate than the Graveyard,” said Devon as he took his Shadow Sphinx and placed it off the mat next to the Graveyard.
     “Okay,” Xyla said observing.
     “I activate the Spell card, Monster Reborn, to Special Summon my Shadow Vampire back to the field in Attack Position (4/ATK 1900/DEF 1000), from my Graveyard,” Devon said, “Now I'll attack your Phoenix Mech Token with my Shadow Vampire!”
Luke put his other Poker card back on top of the Poker deck.
      “I end my turn,” says Devon.
     “I draw,” Luke said as he did so and glanced at the cards in his hand again, “I activate Monster Reborn to Special Summon Phoenix Mech Alligator in Attack Position (4/ATK 1800/DEF 1200), from my Graveyard.”
Luke searched through his Graveyard and picked out his Phoenix Mech Alligator and placed it in the first Monster Zone.
     “Now I activate the Continuous Spell card Phoenix Mech Duplicator."
     “What's a Continuous Spell card?” asks Xyla.
     “It's a Spell card that stays on the field and its effect last as long as it's on the field,” said Devon.
      “Now once per turn when a Phoenix Mech monster is Normal or Special Summoned, I can Special Summon a Phoenix Mech Token whose Level, ATK, and DEF is equal to the Summoned Phoenix Mech monster. So I use it now to Special Summon a Phoenix Mech Token in Attack Position (4/ATK 1800/DEF 1200).”
     He grabbed a Poker card from the top of the Poker Deck and set it in the second Monster Zone veritically.
     “Next I'll tribute my Phoenix Mech Alligator and my Phoenix Mech Token to summon my Phoenix Mech Drake (8/ATK 2700/DEF 2000)!” exclaimed Luke as he put the Poker card back on the deck and Phoenix Mech Alligator back in his Graveyard and laid down a card depicting a flaming black mechanical dragon with a sword in one hand and a trident in the other hand, “and when Phoenix Mech Drake is Normal Summoned, I can Special Summon up to three Phoenix Mech Tokens to my side of the field so I Summon three of them in Defense Position (2/ATK 800/DEF 800). I now tribute one Phoenix Mech Token to increase Phoenix Mech Drake's ATK by 300 until the End Phase(8/ATK 2700/DEF 2000 to 8/ATK 3000/DEF 2000). I attack your Shadow Vampire with my Phoenix Mech Drake.”
     Devon placed his Shadow Vampire in his Graveyard and took 1100 Battle Damage (Devon: 4000/Luke: 4000 to Devon: 2900/Luke: 4000).
     “I end my turn,” said Luke.
     “Okay, my draw,” Devon said as he drew Shadow Fire Dragon, “Darn, dead draw, oh well. I activate the Spell card, Void Reincarnation to add Shadow Vampire from my Graveyard to my hand.”
Devon searched through his Graveyard to find Shadow Vampire and added it to his hand.
     “Now, I Summon Shadow Vampire in Attack Position (4/ATK 1900/DEF 1000). I activate the Equip Spell card Void Armor!”
     “Okay, now what's an Equip Spell card?” asked Xyla.
     “It's kind of like a Continuous Spell card, except it affect's a Monster directly, and when the equipped monster is destroyed so is the Spells equipped to it,” Devon said, “I can equip Void Armor to a Shadow monster with 2000 ATK or less and I choose Shadow Vampire, so it gains 1000 ATK (4/ATK 1900/DEF 1000 to 4/ATK 2900/DEF 1000). I attack your Phoenix Mech Drake with my Shadow Vampire.”
     “No! My best monster!” Luke exclaimed as he put his Phoenix Mech Drake in his Graveyard and took 200 points of damage (Devon: 2900/Luke: 4000 to Devon: 2900/Luke: 3800).
     “I end my turn,” said Devon.
     “You'll regret that,” Luke said as he drew, “I activate Pot of Geed to draw two cards. I activate Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy your Void Armor!”
     Devon sent his Void Armor to the Graveyard which reduced his Shadow Vampire's ATK to normal (4/ATK 2900/DEF 1000 to 4/ATK 1900/DEF 1000).
     “I tribute my two Phoenix Mech Tokens to Summon Phoenix Mech Behemoth in Attack Position (7/ATK 2600/DEF 2150).”
     Luke laid down a card depicting a green mechanical beast with a flaming horn on its head.
     “And when this monster is Normal Summoned, I can Special Summon two Phoenix Mech Tokens to my side of the field in Defense Position (2/ATK 800/DEF 800). I activate Phoenix Mech Behemoth's effect, by tributing two Phoenix Mech Tokens, my Behemoth can attack twice this turn. I attack your Shadow Vampire with my Phoenix Mech Behemoth.”
     Devon placed his Shadow Vampire in the Graveyard, taking 700 damage (Devon: 2900/Luke: 3800 to Devon: 2200/Luke: 3800).
     “I attack you directly with my Phoenix Mech Behemoth,” said Luke smiling as Devon's Life Points hit zero (Devon: 2200/Luke: 3800 to Devon: 0/Luke: 3800), “I finally beat you!”
     “Good duel. You earned this victory,” said Devon.
     “I want to try now,” said Xyla.
     “We can go to the Duel Monsters Card and Electronic Stores tomorrow,” said Aunt Ruby, “Now its dinner time.”
     “Cool, I'm hungry,” Devon said as Luke and Xyla nodded in agreement .[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Chapter 3- The Bully Returns']     Aunt Ruby drove Devon, Luke and Xyla down to the Card Shop in her navy blue Buick Regal to get Xyla a Duel Monsters deck.
     “Can I help you?” the red-headed Shop Clerk asked, as the kids walked in, “Oh, hi Devon, how are you?”
     “I'm fine, Kelly,” Devon said, “How are you?”
     “I'm okay,” she said, “Looking for something specific?”
     “Do you have a Starter Deck?” Devon asked.
      “I think we just got some new ones in,” said Kelly, “Let me go check.”
     Kelly walked into the back room.
     “What's this deck?” Xyla asked Luke as Devon waited for Kelly.
     “It's a water attribute deck,” said Luke.
     “Here is the newest one,” Kelly said when she got back and handed it to Devon.
     “Xyla, can you come here real quick?” asked Devon.
     “I think she found a deck for herself,” Luke answered.
     “Really? Which one?” Devon asked as he walked over.
     “Oceanic Wrath,” Xyla said.
     “I have a Starter Deck here for you,” Devon said, “It has multiple staples.”
     “Look at this one though,” said Xyla holding up a box with a brown squid but instead of the arrow-shaped head it had a shark head, pictured on it.
     “Cool!” Devon said excitedly and he looked at Kelly, “We'll take them both.”
     “Both?” asked Xyla looking at Devon.
     “Yeah, so you can have a themed deck and some staples that are useful in every deck,” said Devon.
     “Okay, I'll take them now to ring them up,” said Kelly, “that's $34.98 total.”
     “Is that too much?” asked Xyla.
     “No, not at all,” Devon said as he paid with a fifty dollar bill, “Most decks cost more than that.”
     “Oh, okay,” said Xyla.
     “Thanks, Kelly,” said Devon as he, Luke and Xyla exited the store.
     “Geez, do you know everybody in this town?” Xyla asked Devon.
     “Between Luke and I, pretty much,” said Devon opening the door to the Buick for Luke and Xyla.
     “Where to now?” Xyla asked Luke.
     “Well, Duel Mats are not the way most people play Duel Monsters anymore, they use what is called a Duel Disk, which projects holograms of the monsters,” said Luke, “So we need to go to the Dueling Electronics Shop.”
     “What are holograms?” asked Xyla.
     “Projections of the cards' pictures that look real,” Devon answered, “Don't worry, they're harmless.”
     “Right,” Xyla said.
     “So to Dueling Power?” asked Aunt Ruby.
     “Yeah,” answered Devon as Aunt Ruby pressed the gas.
     When they got to Dueling Power, Luke and Devon saw Landon standing in front of the store talking to his brothers.
     “Great, it's Landon,” said Devon.
     “Who's that?” Xyla asked
     “The Eighth Grade bully,” said Luke, “He's the reason Devon got expelled from school yesterday.”
     “Oh,” said Xyla.
     “Let's go,” said Devon as Luke and Xyla nodded.
     “I'll be back while you guys get the Duel Disk. Here's a fifty,” Aunt Ruby said handing Devon a fifty dollar bill.
     “Okay, thanks,” said Devon.
     “Well look who it is, guys,” said Landon.
     “Leave us alone, Landon,” said Luke.
     “Not until Devon gives me a rematch,” Landon said.
     “Haven't you learned your lesson yet, Landon?” asked Devon.
     “I've learned that you hit like a girl,” he replied, looking at Xyla, “Who's this loser?”
     “You don't even know me. How do you know I'm a loser?” Xyla asked him.
     “You're hanging out with these two losers,” said Landon, “that tells me something.”
     “Want to test that theory?” asked Xyla aggravated.
     “What are you going to do? Scratch me?” asked Landon laughing.
     “No, this,” Xyla said and she kneed him in the gut and as he grabbed his stomach from the blow, she grabbed him by the hair and punched him in the face so hard, it left an instant bruise on his face.
     "Alright, get her!” exclaimed Landon to his brothers holding his gut and face where she had hit him.
     “You think you can hurt me?” Xyla said as Landon's two brothers got on each side of her and charged fists armed.
     “Hey, Devon, you think we should help her?” asked Luke, “I mean she is only ten years old.”
     “If I have to I'll jump in, but for now let's see what happens,” said Devon as Xyla dodged the double attack and the brothers punched each other in the face.
     “Okay,” Luke said quietly as Xyla kicked Landon when he charged at her.
     “Had enough?” Xyla asked Landon and his brothers, “Because it's only going to get worse.”
     “Yeah,” Landon said hyperventilating.
     “Good,” she said and looked at Devon, “Can we go get my Duel Disk now?”
     “Yeah, sure,” said Devon and he opened the door to Dueling Power.
     “Hey Devon. Hey Luke,” said the brunette shop clerk, “You looking for something specific?”
     “Hey Matt,” said Devon, “You got any Duel Disks?”
     “Of course. What color?” Matt asked.
     “Xyla, what color do you want?” Luke asked.
     “What's the color of the room walls where I'm staying?” Xyla asked, “I like that color, almost the color of water.”
     “Royal blue please,” Devon said.
     “Okay, I think we have one left,” Matt said and reached under the desk, “Here you are, that will be $80.”
     “Here is a coupon,” Luke said, “I was going to use it to buy me a new Duel Disk, but she could use it more.”
     “Thank you, Luke,” Xyla said.
     “Sure,” Luke replied.
     “Okay, that will be $40,” Matt said as he rung up the coupon.
     “Here you go,” Devon said as he handed him the $50 bill his Aunt gave him.
     “And $10's your change, here you go,” Matt said as he handed Devon the $10 bill and Xyla the Duel Disk.
     When they walked out of the store, Landon was fine and he walked up to Xyla.
     “Hey girl! You're tough in a fight, but how about in a duel?” Landon asked.
     “Is that a challenge?” Xyla asked back.
     “Yeah it is,” answered Landon.
     “Okay I accept,” she said opening her Duel Disk and looked at Devon, “Show me how to put this thing on, please.”
     “Uh, sure,” Devon helped her put the Duel Disk on, “You sure you want to go through with this? He's not your push over Duelist.”
     “I don't want him to be,” replied Xyla,”I want a challenge.”
     “But this is your first duel,” Luke said.
     “So? If I lose, that just means I can learn from my mistakes, right?” asked Xyla.
     “I guess,” Luke said.
     “Let's Duel!” Xyla and Landon shouted. (Xyla: 4000/Landon: 4000)
     “Ladies first!” Xyla said as she drew Oceanic Jellyfish and glanced through her hand (Oceanic Orca, School of Fish, Oceanic Dive, Poseidon Wave, Sea of Destiny), “I summon Oceanic Jellyfish in Attack Position (3/ATK 800/DEF 1200).”
     A giant green jellyfish appeared in front of Xyla.
     “Why would you summon a weak monster like that in Attack Position?” asked Landon laughing, “this duel is going to be easier than I thought!”

“Two reasons: When it is Normal Summoned, I can add 1 Level 3 Fish-Type monster from my deck to my hand, and two I read the rulebook last night and you can't Summon in Defense Position,” answered Xyla.
     “Okay, how's a monster in your hand going to help you? You can't Normal Summon twice in one turn,” said Landon.
     “I know that! I won't have to, I add to my hand Oceanic Barracuda!” she said.
She showed Landon a card that depicted a green barracuda with dark green stripes running down the sides.
     “When Oceanic Barracuda is added to my hand by a card effect, I can Special Summon it in Attack Position (3/ATK 1000/DEF 1000),” she said as the barracuda appeared in front of her, “ I end my turn with a face down card.”
     “My turn,” said Landon as he drew and looked at the cards in his hand, “I activate the Spell card Double Summon, which allows me to Normal Summon twice this turn. Now I Summon Poki Draco in Attack Position (3/ATK 200/DEF 100).”
     A little yellow dragon with a bandage on its head and holding a green fruit appeared in front of Landon.
     “Which allows me to add another Poki Draco from my deck to my hand,” Landon said as he searched his deck and reveal the exact same card, “And because of Double Summon I can Summon it.”
     Another little yellow dragon with a bandage on its head appeared in front of Landon.
     “Oh great,” says Devon, “He has two Level 3 monsters on his side of the field.”
     “Is he planning to Xyz Summon?” asked Luke.
     “Yeah,” Devon answered, “And Xyla has never seen one.”
     “Great,” said Luke.
     “I overlay my two Level 3 Poki Dracos to build the Overlay Network! I Xyz Summon Thunder Strike Dragon in Attack Position (Rank 3/ATK 2200/DEF 1900)!” Landon exclaimed as a royal blue dragon with eagle wings and a yellow mane materialized in front of Landon, “I attack your Oceanic Jellyfish with my Thunder Strike Dragon.”

As the royal blue dragon roared, a thundercloud appeared and a lightning bolt shot out of it.
     “I activate my face down Trap card, Poseidon Wave!” Xyla exclaimed, “This card negates your attack and inflicts 800 points of damage to your Life Points for each Fish, Sea Serpent, or Aqua-Type monster I control.”
The thundercloud disappeared and a tidal wave appeared and hit Landon inflicting 1600 damage to him (Xyla: 4000/Landon: 4000 to Xyla: 4000/Landon: 2400).
     “I set one card face down,” Landon said as he did so, “and I end my turn.”
     “Okay,” Xyla said as she drew Oceanic Starfish, “I Summon Oceanic Starfish in Attack Position (3/ATK 400/DEF 1600). Now I tune Oceanic Jellyfish with Oceanic Barracuda and Oceanic Starfish to Synchro Summon Oceanic Tentishark in Attack Position (9/ATK 3100/DEF 2400)!”
     The brown squid with the shark head that was on the box appeared in front of Xyla.
     “When Oceanic Starfish is used as a Synchro Material Monster, the Synchro monster summoned gains 400 ATK (9/ATK 3100/DEF 2400 to 9/ATK 3500/DEF 2400). I attack your Thunder Strike Dragon with my Oceanic Tentishark.”
     Oceanic Tentishark shot its tentacles at Thunder Strike Dragon.
     “I activate my face down card, Sakurestu Armor, which negates your attack and destroys the attacking monster,” Landon said.
     “Not quite,” Xyla said holding up two cards, Sea of Destiny and Oceanic Orca, “I activate my Oceanic Tentishark's effect, by discarding two cards I can negate your Trap card's effect and destroy it, and you can't activate Trap cards for the rest of the turn.”
     “Dang it,” Landon grumbled as his Sakuretsu Armor shattered.
Oceanic Tentishark's attack hit Thunder Strike Dragon and Landon took 1200 Life Point damage (Xyla: 4000/Landon: 2400 to Xyla: 4000/Landon: 1200).
     “I set one card face down and end my turn,” Xyla said as she slid her card into the slot.
     “Alright,” said Landon as he drew, “I summon Lord of D. in Attack Position (4/ATK 1200/DEF 1100).”
     A wizard in a dragon costume and a cape appeared in front of Landon.
     “Now I activate the Spell card, Flute of Summoning Dragon, to Special Summon Tri-Horned Dragon in Attack Position (8/ATK 2950/DEF 2350) and Solstice Dragon in Attack Position (8/ATK 3000/DEF 2600).”
     The blue dragon with three yellow horns and a red dragon with yellow eyes appeared.
     “Is he doing what I think he is doing?” asked Luke.
     “Yeah, another Xyz Summon, but this one is even more powerful,” said Devon.
     “I overlay Level 8 Solstice Dragon and Tri-Horned Dragon to build the Overlay Network. I Xyz Summon Thunder End Dragon in Attack Position (Rank 8/ATK 3000/DEF 2000)!”
     The dragon who's blue and white with lightning flowing out of the spikes on its neck appeared.
     “I activate Thunder End Dragon's effect, by detaching 1 Xyz Material, it destroys all other monsters on the field,” Landon said.
     Lightning shot out of the dragon's body and Oceanic Tentishark and Lord of D. shattered like glass.
     “I attack you directly,” Landon said as Lightning End Dragon shot a lightning bolt out of its mouth hitting Xyla (Xyla: 4000/Landon: 1200 to Xyla: 1000/Landon: 1200). and I end my turn."
     “My turn,” said Xyla as she drew Monster Reborn, “I activate the Spell card, Monster Reborn, which allows me to Special Summon one monster from my Graveyard, like my Oceanic Tentishark in Attack Position (9/ATK 3100/DEF 2400)!”
     The brown squid with the shark head appeared of Xyla once again.
     “I now activate the Spell card, School of Fish, which allows me to add one Fish-Type monster from my deck to my hand and I add Oceanic Swordfish, to my hand. Now I can equip Oceanic Swordfish to my Oceanic Tentishark to make it gain 100 ATK times its Level (9/ATK 3100/DEF 2400 to 9/ATK 4000/DEF 2400). I attack your Thunder End Dragon with my Oceanic Tentishark!”
     Then Oceanic Tentishark shot its tentacles at Thunder End Dragon and destroyed it dealing 1000 Life Points to Landon (Xyla: 1000/Landon: 1200 to Xyla: 1000/Landon: 200).
     “When a monster equipped with Oceanic Swordfish destroys a monster you control, you lose 300 Life Points,” Xyla said as Landon lost what little Life Points he had left (Xyla: 1000/Landon: 200 to Xyla: 100/Landon: 0).
      “No, I lost,” Landon said, " and to a new Duelist, too."
      “Now you need to quit bullying everyone because they're not like you,” said Xyla, “everyone's different.”
      “I guess,” said Landon, "Thanks girl."

"My name's Xyla," she said.

"Thanks Xyla," said Landon.[/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there.

First of all I apologise for taking so long in getting to this. I have moaned about the state of this section for a while now but haven't been doing my bit to help improve things or encourage others to write and get involved and have just been demanding people do, so sorry it took so long for you to get a comment. Know it's hard for someone who is I'm guessing quite new to writing and trying to keep them interested in this section. But at long last a comment and will try to give you some pointers on what you've done so far.

Prologue:

Okay, so opening the spoiler there is a wall of speech, and barring the odd description of hair and eye colour and a name to associate to each set of, not a lot else. There's no description of the setting as such, or the situation, as the girl 'Xyla' runs up to a door (but a door to what? A lift is what I first assumed given the line 'hold the door' being there, but then it seems like a meeting room? A living room?) There is much time to guess at a setting, because we're quickly introduced to a bunch of names (I can't really say introduced to characters at this point) when first we're told Xyla is a 'Time Witch', a concept which isn't explained which personally I'm okay with in a prologue, and then she collapses. And then in the next sentence there is another name talking about something other than her collapsing. Now, I'm sorry but... someone collapsing is quite a dramatic thing to happen. And yet it's dealt with and done with in four words. If this was written in the first person, this would obviously be fine, as Xyla wouldn't be aware of what happened and the others reaction having gone down. Or if the transistion into the 'dream' scene had been a bit smoother, or even vague like her just going light headed and not realising she was going out until the scene had ended and she had come back to to worried reactions, it would have been better.

As it is, unfortunately, everything just goes along in such a blur of "this happened then this happened then this happened" that it's very hard to get into and get involved in what is happening and really take it in. It's not quite a script, which is against forum rules, but it's about as close as to one as you could get away with and that's the core problem. There's no setting described, there's no real development on any of the six people introduced, and it's very hard to determine anything. There's a lot of dramatic sounding names and titles thrown in for effect, which given it's a prologue all sounds very impressive albeit cliche, but it just seems to be done for the sake of drama.

However, I will pick out some positives. You obviously have a good imagination to start with, albeit flashy names and titles might make it look better, but this is good. The concept is pretty nice, seeing as this Xyla appears to have had a vision, I'm guessing at this point, of someone she has to give this sword to to meet a prophecy or something and to help them out or something, but doesn't know quite which of the people seen in that rather jarringly moved into dream, which is cool, and has now seemingly travelled to fetch/test them. So we've got a vague hint of a protagonist without knowing which it is, and what role the one not chosen for the sword will have. Which is also cool.

So, there's promise, but it desperately needs work on the writing to put some flesh on the skeleton. Hopefully you can do this as it's good to see people getting into writing. Best of luck :)

Archived