YCM dating site!

Glitch

We should make a site where YCM members can get together and see if anybody else on the site could be their "special someone". I'm sure everyone on this site has found a few people they thought might be a suitable mate. Also, the ratio of boys to girls on this site is virtually 1:1, so it's perfect!

dating.yugiohcardmaker.net/

^The website's name.

Wow, this is going to make BILLIONS! Now, YCMaker, I'm not going to ask for much, I only want about 71% of all profit and ad revenue from this.

There is that thread in General where members post pictures of ourselves. Of course, there is no way to check if that actually is YOU (and not a pic of your friend or something) unless two users know each other in real life (but so far, it's pretty much accurate). I give my word, however, that the pic I posted in there is 100% of me.

With that said, while I do like the idea, there are some noticeable age gaps between members (we have members who are in middle school/late elementary up to members in mature adulthood). That could lead to a lot of problems down the road. So it's a no-go on my end.

Mind you though, I've found no female members that are suitable for my tastes. Most, if not all, of the female members I know here either have a 7+ year age seniority over me or have unknown ages. I'm fine as online friends, but I prefer not to be in a physical relationship with someone I only know by an assumed name on the net or Skype.

And even then, you still need to consider the distance between both parties in question. If you live close by to each other, then great. But if there's a country/state gap, then it becomes near impossible.

Age and sex have always been arbitrary social tools used for nothing more than segregation among an already segregated society (the human one, not YCM). They are certainly descriptors, but I would value mutual consent and happiness infinity times over the inherently nonexistent stupidity everybody invests in so much to discriminate who would be worthy of their affection. For that, I wholeheartedly support this as long as nothing intentionally antagonistic comes of it.

Well, if my pairings for people here aren't enough to simulate a proper DATING service, people can always do private RPs of them doing lovey-dovey stuff, put the PMs together into one fic, and send it to everyone who's interested and let them fap at others' expense.

Why?

Like, I'm dating Caeda, but I wouldn't advocate a dating service or w/e. Exceptions to the rule shouldn't be a rule.

I agree with this. Yes, people here do find there significant other on this site. My girlfriend and I first talked to each other when I PM'd her, and that eventually bloomed into a relationship. However, that isn't and shouldn't be the norm here; that is just an exception to it. Like Black said, exceptions to the norm shouldn't become the norm.

I'm surprised some people actually thought this was serious. It wasn't supposed to be, lmao.

This is the internet sir, they'll post their opinion regardlessly. Either way, I would support more of a nerd/geek/dork dating site then one of a children's card game. 

I really think that this isn't a good idea. Why would you want to do this? A dating site for yugioh lovers. No. Not only there could be a 40 year old stalker trying to rape girl[or boys] or a little kid trying to have a fake relationship.

yes! stranger danger!

Archived