The Eye of Timaeus

bTvoaVT.jpg
Normal Spell Card
(This card is also always treated as “Legendary Dragon Timaeus”.)
Target 1 “Dark Magician” monster you control; Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck that lists that monster on the field as a Fusion Material Monster, using it as the Fusion Material. You can only activate 1 “The Eye of Tiameus” per turn.
(predicted card text)

sooo its not a monster :(

So Legend of Heart can just say ""Legendary Dragon" cards" instead of calling each one by namthe knights don't have

the treated as same name clause do they also have that on the knights?, I'd hope not, that's going to make legend of heart so akward to use

on a secondary note, with this the new field spell rules, dark magi citadel deck anyone? fusion into paly and lvl 7 XYZ with Endymion and Dark magician summons?

throw in the dark magician of illusions as well, this deck could have potential

What was salvaged was:

Effect unconfirmed
"Dark Magician Girl" + 1 Dragon-Type monster
Must be Fusion Summoned...
..."The Eye of Timaeus"...

...target 1...; destroy that target....

It mentions the eye, but not as a Fusion Material, so it probably gains an effect/some buff for using the eye.

Though that was added later (within last 10~ hours), so maybe Timaeus will be specific.

So this thing basically Transformation Summon's Dark Paladin, Dark Flare Knight, and Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight? I feel like we are going to get more Dark Magician Fusion's because otherwise this is just too tiny for such a long awaited card. Also (since this things works with Dark Magician Girl and says "one "Dark Magician" Monster") does that mean I can use it to go from Skilled Dark Magician directly to Dark Paladin? Because that would be awesome.

So this thing basically Transformation Summon's Dark Paladin, Dark Flare Knight, and Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight? I feel like we are going to get more Dark Magician Fusion's because otherwise this is just too tiny for such a long awaited card. Also (since this things works with Dark Magician Girl and says "one "Dark Magician" Monster") does that mean I can use it to go from Skilled Dark Magician directly to Dark Paladin? Because that would be awesome.

Skilled Dark Magician is not listed as any monster's fusion material.

who EVER used nex except jaden in the show?

Your question was about how the mechanic works. I gave you an answer based on the only existing example. "Tribute X, Special Summon something with the same name." If both Eye and LK Timaeus are also treated as "FRI, MAR 28, 2014 LD Timaeus" (screw off auto-complete), they have the same name, so it becomes very easy to make Legend of Heart work.

Your question was about how the mechanic works. I gave you an answer based on the only existing example. "Tribute X, Special Summon something with the same name." If both Eye and LK Timaeus are also treated as "FRI, MAR 28, 2014 LD Timaeus" (screw off auto-complete), they have the same name, so it becomes very easy to make Legend of Heart work.

Maximum of 3 rule makes NEX incredibly bad

Yeah, that's what was wrong with NEX. Wasn't the fact Neo-Specians were alredy terrible or anything.

Neo Spacians actually have dome great cards at their disposal such as Convert Contact and Cross Porter (which would've been amazing if it didn't miss timing). Its just that theyre so scattered and have no synergy which what makes them unpleasant.

NEX was a horribly designed mechanic, which was stopped due to the fact you were forced to only have 3 Glow Moss/Twinkle Moss together when building a deck

Archived