HMPpwLL.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: Target 1 monster on the field; destroy it, and if you do, your opponent takes damage equal to half the original DEF of the destroyed monster. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.

Update Log:

• ATK increased to 2500, banishment effect changed to affect ANY monster with a Level, damage halved from taking out a Level 4 and under.
  • Increased damage from burn to 800.
  • Banish changed to destroy; can target any monster. Second burn effect hits for 1000 now.
  • Removed part about user taking damage (from Armz's post)

IMG credit: http://images.forwallpaper.com/files/thumbs/preview/27/270988__lord-knight-elsword_p.jpg

Anyway, CnC/love/hate/etc. as usual.

Good reviews and CnC will be repped.

Looks quite weak for today's standards. The removal effect is more situational than Zaborg's, and burning for 500 only when it kills a monster by battle (not an easy feat to fulfill anymore with all the removal effects around) is not really impressive.

In my opinion, at least you could raise the ATK to 2500 so it will be stronger than Monarchs and increase its chances of killing monsters. But allowing it to banish any monster would be much better, while reducing the damage inflicted through this effect to half the DEF to prevent it from inflicting high amounts of damage (2000+). If you want to further nerf the effect, you could limit the targets to monsters with a Level so Xyzs would be safe from it.

Another idea is that the burning part of the first effect could apply only when a Level 4 or lower monster is banished.

It affects stuff with a Level now and damage from burning is halved.

As you suggested, its ATK has been raised to 2500 so it can destroy Monarchs and some other stuff.

I was originally making the burn effect 800 on this review, but I decided to increase it to 600.

Repped for CnC, thanks.

Hm. The only relevant reason to run this over a Monarch is Mausoleum of the Emperor. But even then I'm not sure it warrants such a limited application. The first burn effect will not be relevant often and when it does, it's hurting you as much as the opponent, which isn't something you even want if you're running this with Mausoleum. The second burn effect is cute, but it will only get a max one use, unless you're using some convoluted combo or your opponent has no outs to this... and if your opponent has no outs to this, they'll die whether you burn them or not. Add to that that the banish effect requires your opponent to not Xyz, or for you to run some convoluted combo that makes him keep some levelled monsters on the field (and if you're running that, why aren't you blanket-removing monsters outright with the same or less amount of cards?) and this is really just... something I might run in Hazy Flame if it was worth running Mausoleum in it, which it isn't.

Plus, I don't feel like the effect fits thematically. Banishing your opponent's monsters is more of a Light/Dark theme, Fire should be more about destroying. If you replaced Banishing with destroying, you could safely beef the rest of the card and make it a better option - people aren't gonna run a subpar Banish card just in case they run into some destruction-resilient effect, but people are gonna run a destruction card that's actually good. Then you could scrap the Levels-only part, and increase the second burn effect to like 1000.

When this card is Normal Summoned: Target 1 monster on the field; destroy it, and if you do, both players take damage equal to half the original DEF of the destroyed monster. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.

Only OCG error (not actually error) I could found, it shares the same effect of Pyrorex the Elemental Lord so you could use that lore. Aside from that, I dont think I have more to say than was already stated. It fits the original theme of FIRE monsters, that is to burn and destroy things. In a meta like nowdays, this card would never see play, it is more for casual, because even some of the Monarchs are more powerful than this one, Caius and Raiza here, bounce to top deck and banishment is always better, even if destroying a monster for its effect causes burn. You could just let your opponent have the damage, to equalize the power of this card with the monarchs.

You could just let your opponent have the damage, to equalize the power of this card with the monarchs.

You forgot to mention the fact this card's 2500 > Monarch's 2400.
Not that it's all that relevant, but still. Also because DEF stats are typically lower, unless it's like a boss monster or something, full DEF damage wouldn't really be all THAT intimidating.

At the moment, only thing Monarchs don't have over this card is a power boost.

If it were killing smaller monsters, then I'd probably consider full damage but since this could in theory kill F.G.D or something (but that's rare nowadays since Future Fusion is banned). The most you'd have to worry about is 3000-something damage.

But I'll just burn the opponent instead of both players take it (only reason you'd keep it at this point is some random Prime Material Dragon effect or something to eat the damage).

Point taken, I'll use the lore from Pyrorex (forgot it existed when this was made)

Archived