Xyz + Pendulum. Mmm, delicious. [Toyo Single]

No. Bye. 

Seriously, I have no clue why I'm back here. RC is as dead as the Hippie movement, and Yu-Gi-Oh is about as fun as having your scrotum stapled to a brick wall while having hounds bite your anus. On the other hand, Cardmaking isn't as bad as pain in the testes, so that's a thing.

I'll hop into pendulums as soon as GIMP stops being an utter arse and once I understand how the thing actually works, but for now, an Xyz that kills Pendulums. A Pendo-Xyz. Or Pedo. It's a bit of both, honestly. Woo. 

xlj0zhs.jpg

[spoiler=It's quite weird. Possibly too weird for RC. Move this to AoC for all I care. This card'll bring more activity at least.]

2 Level 3 Monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can attach 1 Pendulum Monster to this card as Xyz Material. If this card has a Pendulum Monster attached to it, you can place it on one of your vacant Pendulum Zones and treat it as a Pendulum Monster with a Pendulum Scale of 5. (This card's Xyz Material(s) are not detached by this effect.) 
Pendulum Effect: Once per turn: You can Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Target 1 Pendulum Zone, it cannot be used while this card is face-up on the field.[/spoiler]
go and debate rulings, brave warriors. 

"Baht Tohyo, teh effeckt on teh spoilerz dun't match up with teh ihmage" I hear you type. Well, the one on the spoiler is a revised text with slightly better wording. Or worse. Which is why I left two different wordings for it. 

and Yu-Gi-Oh is about as fun as having your scrotum stapled to a brick wall while having hounds bite your anus. On the other hand, Cardmaking isn't as bad as pain in the testes, so that's a thing.

beaker-what-is-this-i-dont-eve.gif

Anyway, onto the card. Interesting on how it is used as an anti-pendulum of sorts, with the option to stop your opponent from being able to spam their field by using the Pendulum monsters. It is hard to tell how this card would interact with Pendulums and the format they will bring, since we haven't had a major event where we have seen them played, and haven't really seen many good ones in the OCG yet, but it seems like a viable option. Easy to tech in decks due to it being generic. Good card overall I would say, having an Xyz monster double as a Pendulum monster is a really cool concept and I hope Konami explores it.

The first effect doesn't state from where it is taking the Pendulum Monster as material (hand, Graveyard, field?).

vacant --> unused

It is true that there are no rulings on Pendulum Zones yet, but official cards involving empty Card Zones use the word" unused" (e.g. #57 Tri-Head Dragon, Ice Barrier Numbing Grub), so I think you should use that word instead.

Because the condition of not losing Xyz Materials when moved to the Pendulum Zone is more of PSCT than an actual card effect, I believe it should be in parenthesis, as seen on RUMs and Xyz-evolved monsters (Ptolemy, Gaia Dragon, etc.).

On the effect, the card seems good as it allows any Deck that can drop Rank 3s to counter or at least slow Pendulum Decks.

You are right: If you are not interested in OCG fixes, you should point it out in the OP.

But to be fair, the fix on the first effect was important because depending from where it was taking the Xyz Material, the card could be better, or a bit worse, etc. For instance, now that you added from where it is taking the Pendulum Monster as Xyz Material, we can see the card needs a bit more of setup than simply Xyz Summoning it, as it requires a successfully Summoned Pendulum Monster (either at least 1 Level 3 Pendulum to be used for its Xyz Summon, or any other Pendulum that can be stolen) to enable its anti-Pendulum effects.

On the other hand, it can now be used "offensively" as a pseudo-S.H.Ark by stealing a Pendulum Monster the opponent controls, which is really cool. And the effect doesn't even target which makes it more difficult to counter.

Overall, the card looks great. Not only Rank-3 Decks have a counter to Pendulum Summoning, but now they can remove any Pendulum Monster the opponent controls before locking his/her Pendulum Zone(s).

Archived