Pokemon Tournament

Flame Dragon

I've been talking about this a lot, so lets finally get something going. 

It will be an OU event with the following rules
[spoiler=Ban List]
Pokemon
Arceus
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-A
Dialga
Genesect
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Kyurem-W
Lugia
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zekrom

Abilities
Moody

Items
Gengarite
Kangaskhanite
Lucarionite
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Clauses]
Species Clause
Sleep Clause
Evasion Clause
OHKO Clause
[/spoiler]

Thats all I got for that. If you feel something should be added let me know. I will also note here that I think letting people change teams if they wish is a good idea. The tournament will be single battles. 

With that out of the way I will leave the sign up period open for a week (last day 4/13). If you wish to sign up just post your name and FC.

I'll start use off
Competitors
2) Agro - FC: 0903-2776-9997

[s]5)Kirito-san - FC: 3253-2352-7975[/s]

6) Catman25 - FC: 1521-4276-4307

[s]7) vla1ne - FC: 4957-4003-0345[/s]

8 ) The Twelfth Doctor - FC: 1993-8398-9039

4) Raito-Kun - FC: 1564-3251-0351

3) Ben - FC: 0404 5690 4269

9) Piercer of the Heavens - FC: 2766-8642-6051

10s6s74.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of curiosity: Why Kyurem-W, but not Kyurem-B?

Lack of movepool like Flame said. The best thing Kyurem-B offers is the STAB Outrage, but that doesn't compare to Kyurem-W's STAB Draco Meteor /and/ Ice Beam off a 170 Sp. Attack stat.

I still think Kyurem-B is a little underrated, but it doesn't need to go to Ubers like Kyurem-W did.

I'd much rather do this on Showdown because I've never actually given any thought to competitive battling over Wi-fi but I guess I'll give it a shot and bring whatever semi-decent team I can cobble together with 1 set of Lefties and no Life Orb/Choice Items unless I can grind out Battle Maison very quickly indeed. Expect plenty of non-IV'd (or even non-EVd) mons as well.

3952-8150-4985

I'm in, and as said before, happy to put up some prizes. I would prefer a single knockout format.

Name: Void Adept

FC: 1993-8398-9039

If your willing to put up prizes I'd be ok with that.

I wasn't sure if it should be single or double knockout. I was leaning towards single, but if we didn't get enough people I was thinking double might be better. At the rate we're going I think we will be fine though.

I've been in a pokemon battling mood lately and I'm gonna join(even though I've been losing most of the random wifi battles...).
FC: 2766-8642-6051

If you want to practice against somebody, As long as you can set up a time before 12:00PM(atlantic) tomorrow I can gladly help you out. I have a few guys that I need to work on anyways.

Well, it's the last day for entries. Wonder if we'll get anyone else.

Also, how are we going to organise when we battle and how long we have until the round ends? We sure don't want a round lasting a entire week, do we?

I am going to PM the people their pairing when today ends. I think 3 days should give people enough time.

ATM, I'm not sure what to do with 9 people. Its both a small number and odd. I might drop myself just to make it a nice 8 so we can have a nice 3 round event.

Archived