No Game No Life

Aix

http://myanimelist.net/anime/19815/No_Game_No_Life

Currently my favourite of the season from first impressions (haven't actually watched a lot from this season but w/e), it looks like it'll be a fun series. Only one episode is out so far, episodes come out on Wednesdays. Visuals are beautiful, though the purples and pinks are somewhat excessive.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Freaking amazing. Just...amazing.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/19815/No_Game_No_Life

Currently my favourite of the season from first impressions (haven't actually watched a lot from this season but w/e), it looks like it'll be a fun series. Only one episode is out so far, episodes come out on Wednesdays. Visuals are beautiful, though the purples and pinks are somewhat excessive.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PURPLE BEING EXCESSIVE
EVER
EVER

[spoiler=You know an anime's gonna be good if you love the antagonist]

tumblr_n3sa3vb34H1sfyp69o1_500.png[/spoiler]

I say this is number 2 on my op 5 this season.

Sora's badass voice makes everything he does send chills down my spine.

Shiro's cuteness level is beyond what I've seen, but since TGM already has her, I'm fine with Zell being mai waifu in this universe.

Rock paper scissors has never looked so intense. If I can make that comparison with that of a middle school drama club version, then that's saying something.

Also, I'm really looking forward to seeing that one girl with the big fox tail in the OP.

Best. Rock Paper Scissors. Game. Ever.

That match of Rock Paper Scissors litterally fried my brain, it was too much for me lol But yes I'm going to enjoy this anime~

There's a manga for it, but probably not too much further than the anime. This series was probably a Light Novel first

There's a manga for it, but probably not too much further than the anime. This series was probably a Light Novel first

That's right, it was a light novel first. You're also right that the manga isn't too much further than the anime because there's only 2 chapters more than where episode 2 left off. I also checked when the next chapter comes out and it hasn't even in Japan yet, so it's fully translated to English online (so far).

But even so, I wouldn't recommend reading it unless it passes the anime when the anime is finished because as it stands, the anime will pass the manga soon.

I thought the loli/fanservice and shit would be mad strong but it's actually almost not there. Shiro gave us like one panty shot and that scene in Episode 2 didn't last long either.

It'll probably be my favorite next to mekakucity actors.

Here's a difference between the anime (either that or the way it was subbed, but it's probably accurate) and the translation of the manga that I personally enjoyed more in the manga:

[spoiler=That Jojo reference]Anime: "But I refuse! One of the things Blank loves best is saying "No" to people who think they've got an absolute advantage."

Manga: "But I refuse! One thing we of 『 』 like more than anything else... is finding people who think they're hot sh*t and saying "No" straight to their faces."[/spoiler]

Here's a difference between the anime (either that or the way it was subbed, but it's probably accurate) and the translation of the manga that I personally enjoyed more in the manga:

[spoiler=That Jojo reference]Anime: "But I refuse! One of the things Blank loves best is saying "No" to people who think they've got an absolute advantage."

Manga: "But I refuse! One thing we of 『 』 like more than anything else... is finding people who think they're hot sh*t and saying "No" straight to their faces."[/spoiler]

...wow, they really should have just kept the original line. So much more badass. Still, I LOVED the JoJo reference. That cracked me up.

Well, I did say "the translation of the manga", so it could be the translator put it that way for laughs, but it seriously was better.

True, this can be the case. But the episode was still awesome. But I felt like it's getting too gimmick-y.

I'm not huge on anime (I have a very select few, most of which were on Adult Swim at one point or another), but my buddy showed me this, and I'm just loving it. I think my favorite part so far was when Sora got kicked into the hallway, and him and his sister started freaking out form being separated xD

Plus, Sora isn't afraid to dirty his hands some to get his way, it's a nice change from the goody-goody protagonists.

Oh gosh~.

When Sora belted out his inspiration speech to his pieces, I literally fell out of my chair.

Also, Kurami is mine and you can't have her! >.<

I almost shouted at my computer screen with enthusiasm when that happened.  

This is the best anime this season. 

Archived