[MtG] Dack Fayden

Rodrigo

Guesses on the abilities:

1. Target player draws 2 cards, then discards 2 cards. Unlike Faithless looting, this one is a consistent +0 in hand advantage. Any more draw and it'd be on a similar magnitude of Brainstorm and Jace the Wallet Sculptor.
  2. Gain control of target noncreature artifact. Dack Fayden's a thief, it's no surprise that he'll like to snatch up whatever fancy manarock you've got. If it said "target permanent", it'd be even stronger than Nicol Bolas, even though he's certainly capable of stealing hearts.
  3. Far too many possible outcomes to guess accurately.

In legacy, if something targets it is likely going to destroy whatever it is targeting. This makes his emblem near-useless IMHO. His -2 is nice in a few matchups (why yes I will gladly take that blightsteel colossus) but also... meh. The +1 is where he shines. Repeatable faithless looting powers combos, flashback, and many many more while not actually causing you to -1 each time the way looting did.

I think that this is a big stretch. It would be a fun card, but not glorious. This has an okay engine and it is really the second or third effect that would be more useful.

I think in EDH being able to dig for on of your cards is really helpful. Not to mention every color can get back lost cards. I know my Sedris deck will love him.

Archived