Amulet Dragon

i.imgur.com/BjsT8wm.jpg
Amulet Dragon
Level 8 DARK Dragon-Type Fusion Effect Monster
ATK 2900
DEF 2500
“Dark Magician” + 1 Dragon-Type monster
Must be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Material Monsters or with “The Eye of Timaeus”, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can target any number of Spell Cards in either Graveyard; banish those cards, and if you do, this card gains 100 ATK for each banished. (2) If this card is destroyed: You can target 1 Spellcaster-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.

No I think the Dragon Knight was better. It could at least try to disrupt Summons.

This one is a decent-sized beater with a safety effect that might not even kick in half the time. Having to banish those Spells is also meh, I guess it could buy a little time against Spellbooks? Nah, that's trying too hard and Super Poly's rulings might not even allow it.

The point is that not many Prophecies gain advantage from banished Spellbooks, just ones that are in the Graveyard.

Most of the good Prophecy and Spellbooks cards don't care about their Graveyard anyway, except for Priestess and Tower, but at most you're only going to have around 4-5 Spellbooks in your grave anyway, waiting to be banished by either Priestess or Fate to continue the search engine thanks to Eternity that also has the possibility to make Crescent alive as well. If you really want to kill Prophecies, you should just get rid of their monsters to kill Fate and Tower.

In short: lol don't care, I can still recycle everything and thin my deck

I'm kind of annoyed that THIS is the Timaeus Fusion that can revive its used Material, and not Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight to replicate Seal-activating action. I do appreciate he got the effect, I just... wish they both did.

And 2100 is an excessive nerf, 200 would have been fine. Definitely gonna try for a Reaper variant with this though.

Better than Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight but not by much. It's really funny how the "hyped" cards in this set are turning out worse than the random stuff no one would have expected.

The only thing this has over DMGtDK is the materials required. Otherwise, by its own, it's much worse :V Minor ATK gain and somewhat unreliable recrutiment will never be as useful as automatic pop at any moment of the game.

The only thing this has over DMGtDK is the materials required. Otherwise, by its own, it's much worse :V Minor ATK gain and somewhat unreliable recrutiment will never be as useful as automatic pop at any moment of the game.

Material alone makes it better, IMO. Dark Magician, while not exactly great, can at least be decent-ish in casual decks.

They're both incredibly mediocre though.

Material alone makes it better, IMO. Dark Magician, while not exactly great, can at least be decent-ish in casual decks.

They're both incredibly mediocre though.

I'd rather run 1 DMG just to make TDK than run this absolute piece of crap in a DM Deck :P

Archived