RUM - Admire Des Thousand

CPL1-JP043
Rank-Up-Magic Admire Death Thousand
Spell Normal
You can only activate 1 “Rank-Up-Magic Admire Death Thousand” per turn. During the turn you activate this card, you cannot Special Summon monsters, except with this card’s effect. (1) Target at least 1 Xyz Monster in each Graveyard with the same Rank; Xyz Summon 1 “Number C” monster or “CXyz” monster from your Extra Deck that is 1 Rank higher than those monsters by using those monster as the Xyz Material.

The only problem being that you just can't be sure that your opponent is even going to Xyz, let alone use the same Rank as you. That said, it's generic (Limited Barian's style) and can therefore lead to interesting shenanigans.

My only gripe about this card is that it requires both players to participate. I would have preferred a card that was like Miracle Fusion for Rank-Up (as in, you'd need at least 2 monsters of the same Rank in your Grave) and maybe Number specific to avoid massive abuse, because this just makes it unreliable. Oh well never mind. Most decks these days will make Rank 4, but you'll just get that odd match-up where this is useless.

Very nice buff actually.  If there are at least 2-3 Rank 4 Xyz Monsters in your opponent's Graveyard and there's a Rank 4 Number in your Graveyard, then the player can make Number 106 with 3-4 materials for no cost.  It's pretty cool.

Oh look...they printed that stupidly random Rank-Up Magic that no one likes.

And it's stupidly random. You grab Xyz of the same Rank from both Graveyards and Rank-Up into something else. The best thing about it is the ability to give the CXyz/Number C its Xyz Material effect, since you could be grabbing the base form.

It's a bit too conditional for my liking. You're only going to end up using it in a Rank 4 deck, because that's the only reliable Rank that has Rank-Up shenanigans. This card would be a funny topdeck (because of that restriction), but The Seventh One is a funnier topdeck, and doesn't rely on your opponent running the same Rank as you.

I love how Mkhol40 thinks "there's something broken about this card, i'm just not quite sure what it is yet" even though it isnt broken at all and is actually really bad.

Shows to go you why i'm subscribed to him; to laugh it his foolishness and poor opinions.

Wait, at least one monster in each grave as in, you can't just use monsters in your own grave?!

EWWWWWWWWWWW!

Yup. That's why it's kind of meh. You must use at least 1 from each player, but any number from there.

At least it's better than the anime version, which required 'C' Xyz, and still made you fulfill the proper Summoning conditions by treating the monsters as Level (Rank) + 1.

Yup. That's why it's kind of meh. You must use at least 1 from each player, but any number from there.

At least it's better than the anime version, which required 'C' Xyz, and still made you fulfill the proper Summoning conditions by treating the monsters as Level (Rank) + 1.

The fact it needs both players' Graveyards is annoying, but for that you get a Monster that's guaranteed 2 Materials (to the Seventh One's single material) and has a much wider range of targets to summon, even if you just count Rank 5s.

Also, the anime specially dealt only in Chaos Numbers, both for targeting and for summoning. Chaos Xyz were discounted. Having seen this, I'm hoping Quick Chaos also does CXyz.

Archived