[Sakura] Midnight Spirit Wolf

wtQBjgA.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Beast-Type monsters
Once per turn, if a Beast-Type monster you control is targeted for an attack or a card effect: You can change that target to another monster you control. When this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: Special Summon 1 Beast-Type monster (from your hand or Deck) with less ATK than the damage inflicted. That monster cannot attack this turn. If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or a card effect): You can banish 1 monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon this card during the End Phase.

IMG credit: http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/35500000/Edited-Aojiru-anime-wolves-35554271-800-600.jpg

(I really like this pic TBH)

Basically another Beast-Type Synchro that can "protect" another monster you control by redirection, Special Summons another Beast when it deals damage to the opponent and can revive itself if you have enough monsters to banish for it.

You know what to do at this point: CnC/love/hate/fix OCG, etc.

The usual reps will be given to those who provide helpful CnC/comments.

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Beast-Type monsters
Once per turn, if a Beast-Type monster you control is targeted for an attack: You can change that target to another monster you control. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: Special Summon 1 Beast-Type monster (from your hand or Deck) with less ATK than the damage inflicted. If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or a card effect): You can banish 1 other monster you control; Special Summon this card during the End Phase.

Just a couple of very minor OCG changes.

Pretty good card overall. I could see some gimmicks with redirecting the attack to himself then using his second effect, gaining a +2 overall. Its best use would probably be Kalantosa, Mythical Beast of the Forest because it has really low ATK so you don't need to do much damage and it triggers his effect, which will actually then get you a potential +3 and cause much disruption.

The only thing I am wary of is that if this thing gets a direct attack in, you would be able to fetch some pretty big things and it might cause OTKs. Perhaps balance it out to say that the Summoned monster can't attack this turn?

Thanks for the CnC.

Fixed OCG and added a restriction effect to the summoned monster so you have to wait to attack with it on the following turn. Considering it has 2500 ATK, a lot of things are viable for this to get out.

But yeah, its first effect could trigger the second; have the opponent attack a smaller monster but then redirect it to ram into this card to SS a monster. Or you can use this to protect a smaller one from getting hit and lessen any LP damage taken from battle [burn is another story though].

Well... this card looks much stronger than it actually is, really. As it stands it would rarely see play, because of how absurdly common the things that counter it before it can actually do anything are, making the investment into a LV7, not to mention Beast non-Tuner, unlikely to pay off. Opp isn't gonna ram anything into this until they can 101 it (or really one of the many other ways to get rid of it). When it attacks there's DP and other good stuff. It can stall for a turn or two but unless you're really lucky, you'll be able to get max one monster out of its second effect and that's it. And there're way better methods for that than this.

I'd start by making the first effect able to redirect targeting effects as well as attacks. Second effect is largely nice. Third one feels a bit like padding honestly. Exciton is a thing and even if it works you're really just +0ing yourself and losing a potential defender. It just doesn't feel like it's gonna be useful a lot of the time. So I suggest changing it to a Piercing effect, possibly with a condition attached like controlling another Beast-Type monster. That way you can guarantee the second effect going off smoothly more times.

Also Honestable. Not really important, but thought I'd bring it up.

Considering a lot of stuff target nowadays, adding that to effect 1 should help it.

As for its revival, I would change it to banishing a monster in the hand/Grave so you can keep field advantage but that may be detrimental to certain Decks.

But I can throw on a piercing effect so it can pull off the second effect better.

Thanks for the CnC (I'll fix this later on)

I'm loving how it can dodge effect targeting from you simply activating Scapegoats. It also has some sort of flavor that the wolf is using the sheep to it's convenience. Though it'll get in the way of it's battle damage-related effect.

Battle Damage shouldn't be a huge problem, all Beast-Type Synchros are Honest-able and Enraged Battle Ox could be a helpful friend. Though I guess piercing effect would complement it (though the effect lore is starting to look kind of long at this point).

I'd suggest some randomness by saying the revival effect only banishes Beast-Types, and that it banishes it simultaneously rather than as a cost so Dark Dessertapir can shine. Something along the lines of.....

During the End Phase of the turn it was destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 other Beast-Type monster in your Graveyard; banish the target and Special Summon this card.

Anyways, I'm not sure how the Nordic Super Nimble combo is nowadays in terms of goodness, but this card seems easy enough to make.

All in all, I like the card.

Pretty awesome! Only probably I see is on the last sentence. 

If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or a card effect): You can banish 1 monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon this card during the End Phase.

Special Summon it from where? Obviously it's probably going to end up in the Graveyard but what if something happens to move it some place else? Such as gets banished or shuffled into the deck.

I'm loving how it can dodge effect targeting from you simply activating Scapegoats. It also has some sort of flavor that the wolf is using the sheep to it's convenience. Though it'll get in the way of it's battle damage-related effect.

Battle Damage shouldn't be a huge problem, all Beast-Type Synchros are Honest-able and Enraged Battle Ox could be a helpful friend. Though I guess piercing effect would complement it (though the effect lore is starting to look kind of long at this point).

I'd suggest some randomness by saying the revival effect only banishes Beast-Types, and that it banishes it simultaneously rather than as a cost so Dark Dessertapir can shine. Something along the lines of.....

During the End Phase of the turn it was destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 other Beast-Type monster in your Graveyard; banish the target and Special Summon this card.

Anyways, I'm not sure how the Nordic Super Nimble combo is nowadays in terms of goodness, but this card seems easy enough to make.

All in all, I like the card.

The banish effect could work. 

As for Scapegoats, you could pretty much use them to protect this card (at the expense of not triggering the damage/SS effect). 

Pretty awesome! Only probably I see is on the last sentence. 

If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or a card effect): You can banish 1 monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon this card during the End Phase.

Special Summon it from where? Obviously it's probably going to end up in the Graveyard but what if something happens to move it some place else? Such as gets banished or shuffled into the deck.

Based on the wording, it would SS from the grave/banished zone. However, I should borrow some stuff from Stardust's PSCT lore and make it from the graveyard (though I can do both if having the option from summoning from either zone works and isn't OP; probably will be too strong if I let it do it)

Thanks to both of you for the CnC; repped. 

Archived