1 Inkmoth Nexus
3 Island
4 Misty Rainforest
1 Swamp

3 Tectonic Edge
3 Scalding Tarn
1 Verdant Catacombs
2 Watery Graves

I actually really wanted this kind of deck to be top tier. I always loved artifact interactions.

But I still prefer Trading Post.dek from M13 + ISD + SOM standard format.

I am really disappointed that the matchup with Combo is almost brutal with this deck. Pithing Needle is only good against a few select decks, but I should be running at least one main board. BUG is probably one of the harder decks to play anyways because the changes in card speeds change a lot of the game plans. The opening hand is almost a mulligan when you don't have some counterspell. This deck is actually really strong, but it takes a lot to make it go right in the first few turns. I think that having Tectonic Edge in the deck has helped a lot. Against Affinity, Chalice of the Void would be really strong as well.

I really want this to be top tier as well, I would rather play this than affinity at some GPTs, GPs, and PTQ. Once I get used to playing it more around, and get most of the cards on my own so I don't have to burrow my friend's collections the entire time, I would be more confident taking it into higher level tournaments.

The Tezzeret Trading Post is ancient. I remember when you and Chris were trying to get people to play it more often. It was a Value trip. I played against the deck back when, and it was so much fun just watching it. I loved the deck, but I don't think that it was appropriately lived back within that Standard season, I wouldn't think it would be appropriate within Modern since it was rather rough to start out with. This deck provides a lot different interactions and a lot more tools against many things that the meta provides. If the meta wasn't so open, this deck would be more focused and have proper tools to deal with a more confined meta.

Archived