Carboneddon

[spoiler=Image]
Carboneddon-DRLG-DE-SR-1E.png[/spoiler]

When this card battles a FIRE monster, it gains 1000 ATK during the damage step only. You can banish this card from your graveyard; Special Summon a level 7 or lower Dragon-type normal monster from your hand or deck in face-up defense position. You can only use this effect of Carboneddon once per Duel.

Source: http://www.pojo.biz/board/showpost.php?s=365620a8bf986daad12463c13fc3c9a9&p=29507560&postcount=801

That.... Second... Effect....
Oh boy :I

He had a cool mechanic and now its just boring.

Preeeeeety much this.
I mean, I would have loved it if it kept at least some bit of it's effect, but I guess they figured making it more of an instant thing would be appropriate, even though it does kill a lot of flavor.

It says Level 7 or lower, so you can summon Luster Dragon and Luster Dragon 2 etc.

Well I read that backwords. Thought it said level 7 or higher. Then that means it can summon all the "Gem Dragons". Not the best use of course.

YGOrg says EXACTLY 7

Sooooo

"Once per Duel" is meh. Now it can only be a tech.

It should have kept the "10 cards on top" flavor, or it could even have been a lower number like for example, equal to the Level of the vanilla dragon Summoned and be OPT, and even be restricted to the gem dragons in some way. I wouldn't mind....

I checked the Wiki...You guys know it's OPT, right? I even did a quick translation of the last sentence to double check.

The moral of the story: lolYCM doesn't speak German.

And as for scrubbing the flavour... It is annoyingn but at least in this cases it added usefulness instead of killing it. *coughSkyPegasuscough*

Archived