Phantom of the Grand Guignol (DUEA Spirit Shadolls)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjLLu1gXtXM

Monsters: 20

[2] Armageddon Knight

[3] Shadoll Hedgehog

[3] Shadoll Falcon

[3] Shadoll Lizard

[2] Shadoll Dragon

[2] Shadoll Beast

[3] Aratama

[3] Nikitama

Spells: 11

[2] Dragged Down into the Grave

[3] Dark World Dealings

[3] Shadoll Fusion

[1] Foolish Burial

[2] Mystical Space Typhoon

Traps: 9

[3] Facing the Shadow

[1] Shadoll Roots

[2] Breakthrough Skill

[1] Torrential Tribute

[1] Bottomless Trap Hole

[1] Solemn Warning

Extra Deck: 15

[1] Number 101: Silent Honor ARK

[1] Evilswarm Exciton Knight

[1] Winged Skyblaster Castel

[1] Abyss Dweller

[1] Lavalval Chain

[3] Elshadoll Midrash

[2] Elshadoll Nephilim

[1] Black Rose Dragon

[1] Arcanite Magician

[1] Moonlight Rose Dragon

[1] Stardust Spark Dragon

[1] Armades, Keeper of Boundaries

[spoiler='Additional build: Spirit Shadoll + Artifacts']RE6IMw3.png[/spoiler]

Beast is not as dead as you might think. 2-3 can net massive advantage.

And I'm running Marron for now as well, you are not alone on that. ;)

Oh, and I like Spellbook of Wisdom, since they are all Spellcasters, most importantly the Fusions.

I'm the one who coined the Marron idea J/S. Still doubt it's optimal, however, as drawing it would be ass.

Unsure on Roots honestly. I mean, I know it's a good card, but you can't dump it, and I can't see why you're going to be in a position to use it as a material unless you're losing badly anyways.

I'm not outright saying discount it, but I'd rather run Kuribandits over it. Or rather, Bandit BEFORE roots, because it can set off Roots.

Oh, and I like Spellbook of Wisdom, since they are all Spellcasters, most importantly the Fusions.

Congratulations on your post filled with evil.

Outstanding Dog Marron looks interesting, but I don't know how it would work (especially since it can be really dead if drawn into without Shadoll Fusion).  I guess that is what the Dragged Downs and DWDs are for but idk.

I might test 2 Beasts since I'll cut Roots down to 2 or 1, though I'm not sure on Wisdom actually, though I might test it. ANy idea on what to cut?

I'm the one who coined the Marron idea J/S. Still doubt it's optimal, however, as drawing it would be ass.

Unsure on Roots honestly. I mean, I know it's a good card, but you can't dump it, and I can't see why you're going to be in a position to use it as a material unless you're losing badly anyways.

I'm not outright saying discount it, but I'd rather run Kuribandits over it. Or rather, Bandit BEFORE roots, because it can set off Roots.

Hmm, how many Bandits should I run?

Congratulations on your post filled with evil.

Outstanding Dog Marron looks interesting, but I don't know how it would work (especially since it can be really dead if drawn into without Shadoll Fusion).  I guess that is what the Dragged Downs and DWDs are for but idk.

It's basically the most space-freeing way possible to have a LIGHT fodder of Neph. Drawing it sucked, yeah, and not even Dragged and DWD'll fix that, as they're a minus if you discard Marron. Though, with Fusion, it won't be that dead in hand.

But as Black said, topdecking it is horrible.Same as Beast actually, that's why I use 1 currently.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Have you considered Rainbow Kuriboh over Marron? Unlike Marron its' not dead in hand, and it can still do stuff in grave. I know that Koko was testing basically Rainbow Kuriboh and Effect Veilers as her lights and it makes a lot of sense since both are good card.

I would have also thought that Lavlaval Chain would be lovely in the extra here, though no idea how you'd fit it in.

If I run Kuris and Veilers, what should I cut? Dragons/Lizards?

Definitely not the Lizards. His Flip stops things like Ophion from being annoying, and his sent to grave is of great assistance if you dont have other options in hand for fusing.

Dragon is debatable. I dunno, the bouncing effect is nice for dealing with things Lizard cant, but its sent to grave is pretty sub-par, IMO. Could potentially get away with 0-1.

Tbh I'd cut Shadoll Roots, Marron, and maybe like 1 Armageddon Knight for 3 Veiler and 2 Rainbow.

Dragon and Lizard are both really really good, and I don't think you should cut either

I was thinking cut the same, even though roots does go off when ditched, but Id rather 3 breakthrough before 1 Veiler, so is say 3 rainbow 2 bandit

I don't think you need any more LIGHTs. I would say you could get away with only 2 because, really, its not like you will be spamming Nephilims and after successfully summoning one, you can Summon it back again with Falcon/Soul Charge.

If you are not running 3 Armageddon anymore, you could drop ROTA since having a card that only has 2 targets in the deck doesn't look like a good idea.

Perhaps you could try?

-1 Shadoll Fusion

+1 Instant Fusion

You don't really need 3 Shadoll Fusions when you can recycle it with the Fusion monsters, and you can search it with Hedgehog's Flip effect. So instead of the 3rd copy, you could run Instant Fusion, which essentially searches the Fusion Spell while placing a Midrash on the field for a Xyz/Synchro Summon, and it can be later retrieved from the grave with Falcon. Of course, LP kind of matters now with Soul Charge, but I think it is at least worth testing.

Otherwise, I think you could stick with 2 Shadoll Fusions and use the space for something else, because from a couple of tests, Shadolls could hold very well on their own while I drew/searched the Spell. And said deck didn't run Dealings nor Dragged so your deck should be able to get the Fusion spell faster.

Yeah, the field is not worth maining atm. And for side, Super Poly is infinitely better. atm.

As for why 3 Fusions, Fusion is a card that I want to be having in my hand ASAP, and I can't recycle it if I didn't get it. So yeah, unless testing keeps bricking my hand, I'll stick with 3.

Would try Instant Fusion though.

Thanks all for your suggestions. Will update the decklist after testing.

Archived