[Sakura Contest Series 4] Genryū/Wyrm Contest (Not Accepting / Judging)

Alright guys, time for the 4th contest within the SCS (I'm going to abbreviate the series name b/c it should be clear at this point)

Getting that out of the way though, let's get to the important stuff. 

It's pretty clear nowadays that Dragons have a LOT of support cards. While we are going to be dealing with dragons once more, the focus this time is on their successors, the Genryū.

Requirement

Make a Genryū-Type monster; that's it.

(Note that the Wikia has it romanized as "Genryu" b/c it is a pain to type the "ū" key, but it is essentially same)

A link to Wikia if you don't know about them: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Genryu

Note that TCG calls them 'Wyrm"; either naming is acceptable.

Deadline

May 23rd, 2014 @ 11:30 pm HST (Hawai'i Standard Time, GMT -10)

If you need help determining what time it'll be in your area when deadline hits, use this converter. (Select USA - Hawaii - Honolulu in the "convert to" area).

Though to make things easier on you, cards should be in by 11:30 pm in your own zones to avoid confusion.

Deadline has passed.

Rules

[spoiler=Self-Explanatory Stuff]

1. Card must be a Genryū/Wyrm monster. All other card types are rejected, including regular Dragon-Types (retrained Genryū versions of them are OK, see #8.)

Wyrm is the confirmed English name for this type, however you may use either name when submitting card (they're essentially the same).

2. Entries must be your own. If you are caught using someone else's entry, you'll be DQed. (If your card is being used w/out permission, please PM me with proof)

3.  Post your card lore underneath the card. It makes it easier for the judges & myself to read the effects, correct OCG and show any such corrections if you request us to do so. (Just copy/paste the card lore from the generator, and you will not need to manually type it a second time).

4. Cards should have a pic. I won't grade on them, but other judges may do so.

5. Check that all standard English spelling/grammar errors are correct and effect/stats are what you intended to show us.

(If you need to fix OCG or your spelling, do it before deadline because you will get point deduction if there are any)

6. Entries are preferred new, but older ones may be used. Just keep in mind that you won't get better if you use same thing every time.

7. Use card types, Attributes, ATK/DEF that exist in the actual TCG/OCG. Fake Types/Attributes are not allowed.

8. You may make retrained versions of existing Dragon-Type monsters. Remember, I only said to make a Genryū monster; no other restrictions.

9. If you make cards outside of the YCM generator (Yugico, MSE, self template, w/e), make sure that you are able to link to them on the front page. It's advisable you make the card here since it's easier to post your card. In the case of Pendulums, use Tinypic or w/e image host you use to upload the cards. DO NOT use attachments.

10. Have fun.[/spoiler]

Location Guide

Entry Log - Post #12

Sakura's Score - Post #96

Entry Fee

Free (To enter, just say that you wish to enter and make sure you have a card ready by the deadline)

Prizes

1st place - 3 reps + Champion prize

2nd place - 2 reps + Runner-up prize

3rd place - 1 rep + 3rd place prize

4th place - 4th place prize (If there are at least 15-20, this will be considered)

[spoiler=Participants]

Names will be bolded if entry was received.

1.  - Aqua -
  2. EPTinYugi
  3. Satsuki Kiryūin
  4. Rocket Man
  5. Zanbaku
  6. josholche
  7. TEM 23
  8. Ain
  9. Unari
  10. Orlannis
  11. Akiyuri
  12. sharprentina24
  13. RampageXWolf
  14. afunworm
  15. And_Then_There_Were_None
  16. OpticalGalaxyStar
  17. Loyalist
  18. Little Dragon 64
  19. never_this_again
  20. Le Reptile
  21. Feartheghost

[/spoiler]

Judges

1. Sakura

2. Vector Nightmare

As usual, I am in need of 1-2 other members to help in judging (as to balance out the scores). If you wish to be a judge, post your grading scale that you'll use for evaluating entries. You may use whichever scale you wish (criteria and point values are solely your choice); I'll scale the total marks if there are differing final ones.

This is so participants know what we'll grade on.

Grading Scale

Sakura (40 points)

Balance (15) -  Is card broken/abusable by existing stuff?

Creativity (10) - Did you make something that we already saw or something rarely used or new?

OCG/Spelling (10) - Are you using proper OCG [PSCT] and correct grammar usage as per the standard rules of English.

Theme (5) - Did you follow the directions?

[Note: Final scores in my area will be multiplied by 2.5 to make it out of 100]

Vector (100 points)

> Effect Text Correctness: /10
> Grammar, Syntax and Spelling: /5
> Image Quality and Realism: /5
> Image Thematic Coherency: /5
> Balancing and Usability: /15
> Abusability: /5
> Design: /20
> Creativity (Theme): /15
> Creativity (Gameplay): /15
> Judge's Grace (*): /5

(*) Subjective factors that do not fall under the above categories, personal preference. Basically if the card appeals to me on some level, they will be awarded.

Prize Samples

In lieu of a point prize, since there isn't much use for them aside from YCM Shop and some graphic stuff, you'll get a nice GFX prize.

Prizes are personalized with the date awarded / contest name / your total score / your avatar/current name.

The stuff below is from the last contest [so if you entered then and didn't already save your prize, you have another chance]

[spoiler=Examples]

vwss20.jpg

a4wjfc.jpg

2e1w35y.jpg

2u8x8bt.jpg

339njh3.jpg

2hqwf3p.jpg[/spoiler]

As usual, ask if you have any questions or concerns about entries, rules and all other things.

Until then, have fun cardmaking and may the best member win!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my entry, I guess.

IInTuI3.jpg

If you control a "Dragonstar" monster with a different Attribute: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand), and if that monster was a Synchro Monster: You can send 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field to the Graveyard. You can only activate the effect of "Marine Dragonstar Mizu" once per turn. Once per turn, during your opponent's Main Phase or Battle Phase: You can Synchro Summon 1 Synchro Monster using only "Dragonstar" monsters you control as the Synchro Materials.

@Zanbaku: Yeah, let's see if you have better luck in here (since you played with a Genryu in the last one)

@Rocket: Noting that you submitted an entry.

Going to use this post to keep track of entries, like I did in last contest [in event we get a ton of entries]

[spoiler=Entries]

Here's my entry, I guess.

lfnrRU5.jpg

469001LV8BlueEyesMetaphizeDragon.png

When this card is Special Summoned: You can target any number of your banished LIGHT and/or DARK Dragon-type monsters; shuffle them into the Deck, and if you do, return your other banished monsters to your Graveyard. This card gains 200 ATK for each card shuffled into the Deck this way. You must have Level 8 Dragon-Type Normal Monster(s) in your Graveyard to activate and to resolve this effects.

Hints:

Very Useful in a Chaos Deck, and to activate an to resolve its effects you can use Imagine Breaker by Tributing 1 B-Eyes W.Dragon 

Here's my entry:

mwQL5j6.jpg

Cannot be used as Synchro material, excpet for the Synchro Summon of a Genryu-Type monsnter. When this card is Special Summoned, by the effect of a "Dragonstar" monster: You can Special Summon up to 3 Level 4 or lower "Dragonstar" monsters from your Graveyard, in face-up Defense Position, then take 500 damage for each monster summoned this way. Once per turn, during your opponent's Main Phase or Battle Phase: You can Target 1 Genryu-Type Synchro Monster in your Graveyard, then banish "Dragonstar" monsters you control (including this card) whose Level is equal to that target's Level; Special Summon that target (this is a Quick Effect). This Special Summon is treated as a Synchro Summon.

Unari

I'm joining & here's my card.

gf0F4T9.jpg

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 1 Dragon-Type monster in your graveyard. If this card is summoned this way, destroy your opponent's Spell/Trap cards for each Dragon-Type monster in your banished zone. You can only control 1 "Dragonstar Lachry"

IMG Source: http://www.zerochan.net/171910

welp, kinda free here, so

cGXiCW5.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner WATER monsters

If this card is Synchro Summoned using only Dragon-Type and/or Genryuu-Type monsters as Synchro Material Monsters, it is unaffected by the effects of Monster/Spell Cards. If you control another monster, this card cannot be targeted for an attack. When a monster is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "Mirage Token" (Genryuu-Type/WATER/Level 3/ATK 1200/DEF 0) to either side of the field in Attack Position. This token cannot be Tributed.

Is that typo? Deadline is May 23rd ?

anyway, here is my entry

VHijRNQ.png

LORE

When this card you control is destroyed and sent to your Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Cosmic Dragon" monster from your Deck, except "Yi, Cosmic Dragon of D.D.". You can only use this effect of "Yi, Cosmic Dragon of D.D." once per turn. Once per turn, during your opponent's Main Phase or Battle Phase: You can activate this effect; immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon 1 Synchro Monster using "Cosmic Dragon" monsters you control only. A Synchro Monster Summoned by using this card as a Synchro Material Monster cannot be banished while face-up on the field.

I know that you're male, I see it in your profile. BTW My card entry is here, speedy pantsy.

Xlw5f6C.jpg

Lore:This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can only be special summoned except by banishing 3 Dragon-Type monsters in your graveyard. When this card is special summoned, you can special summon 3 of your banished Dragon- Type monsters and if you do, banish 3 monsters in your graveyard. Once per turn, you can normal summon another Dragon- Type monster. This card gains 300 ATK for each of your banished cards.

Hope you like it

PGpi5Gp.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]

2 Genryu-Type monsters of different Attributes
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by shuffling the above cards you control into the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Once per turn: You can destroy 1 Grenryu-Type monster you control; draw a card, and this card becomes the Level of the monster destroyed by this effect. This card cannot be used as a Xyz Material Monster.[/spoiler]

Hope I got it right O u O

Ok, here's mine

[spoiler=Moving Shadows Dragon]

fHhvHbL.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lore]

When this card is Normal Summoned, target 1 Level 4 or lower Genryu-type monster you control, this turn it cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. When this card leaves the field: Target 1 Genyru-type monster in your Graveyard; return it to the Deck.[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Entry (Electric Wizard)]

m6PwYoT.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

You can only activate each effect of "Original Being - Kur" once per turn. You can banish 2 Genryu-type monsters from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. When this card is Normal Summon: Return up to 3 of your banished Genryu-type monsters to your Graveyard. You can banish 1 Genryu-Type monster from your Graveyard; banish 1 card on the field.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

FRFRS2Y.jpg

LORE:1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Genryu-Type monsters
When this Synchro Summoned:You can target Level 4 or lower Genryu-Type monsters in the Graveyard , up to the number of different original Attributes of the Genryu-Type monsters used as this card's Synchro Material;Special Summon them.Once per turn you can banish up two monsters on your field;increase your Life Points by half of the ATK of the banished monsters.

[spoiler=Entry]oFxjXyF.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more Non-tuner monster
If you Synchro Summon this card using Genryuu-type monster(s), you can treat any of of them as level 1 monster(s). Once per turn, you can destroy 1 monster you control to target face-up cards on the field up to the number of non-tuner monsters used to Synchro Summon this card; return them to the bottom of their owner's deck.

[/spoiler]

Well, I don't think I can make any more changes to this. So, here we go. Fingers crossed...

Lnufymy.jpg

LORE: You can discard this card from your hand to target one monster your opponent controls: That card cannot attack or change its battle position, and its ATK and DEF are halved, until the End Phase of the next turn. You cannot Special Summon for the rest of this turn.

Might as well post this now.

88NLyva.jpg

Lore: This card cannot be Special Summoned except by targeting 1 EARTH or Dragon-Type Monster you control. When Special Summoned by this effect return the targeted monster to its owner's deck. This card's ATK is equal to the ATK of the monster with the highest ATK in either player's graveyard. Once per turn, if Genryu-Type or Dragon-Type Monster(s) you control would be destroyed they are not destroyed, also they are changed to face-up defence position.

Went out of my comfort zone with this one to try and make it different and unique so I hope I didn't mess the OCG up.

Well here it is, been busy doing things:

120h7rk.jpg

[spoiler=Lore:]

Pendulum: !: If you do not have a face up Wyrm-Type Monster on your field: this card's Pendulum Scale becomes 4. @: When your opponent activates a card that would destroy a Pendulum Summoned monster(s): You can destroy this monster instead and inflict 300x the number of Pendulum Summoned monsters to you and your opponent. 

Monster: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. !: Pendulum Monster or Pendulum Summoned monsters gain 200 ATK for each face up Spell/Trap Card on the field. [/spoiler]

I bet a first for this contest.

I'd really like to join in too, my entry is also ready:

J1Z0iVm.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned, except if you control a face-up Genryu-Type Monster. During your Main Phase, you can target 1 face-up Genryu-Type Monster you control and reveal 1 Dragon or Genryu-Type Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck; Send both this card and the target to the Graveyard, then Special Summon the revealed Monster from your Extra Deck. (This Special Summon is treated as a Synchro Summon.) You can only activate this effect of "Imaginary Dragon Leylein" once per turn.

L78ve4E.jpg

2 Level 4 Dragon-type monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Red Eyes B. Dragon" you control as the Xyz Material. If you do, search your Deck for a Genryu- or Dragon-type monster and add it to this card as an Xyz Material. If you control another Genryu-type monster: Genryu-type monsters cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effect. Once per turn, you can remove 1 Xyz Material from this card: Banish 1 Spell or Trap card on the field. If you do, this card cannot declare an attack this turn. When this card leaves the field, you can Special Summon 1 "Red-Eyes B. Dragon" attached to this card as an Xyz Material.

Z1OizCI.jpg

①: During your opponent's turn, if you successfully Synchro Summon a Synchro Monster (except during Battle Phase): You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower Genryu-Type monster from your hand in face-up Defense Position. ②: If this card is sent to the Graveyard for a Synchro Summon: You can shuffle 3 Genryu-Type monster with different Attributes in your Graveyard to your Deck; draw 1 card.

E2Ge4Aa.jpg
If your opponent controls a monster, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing, but its effects are negated. If this card is Summoned from the hand, it cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn, when a card effect is activated in the Graveyard: You can negate its activation, and if you do, banish it.

Avj7yTx.jpg

Can only be Special Summoned by removing from play 5 Wyrm-type monsters with different attributes from your graveyard. You can inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of banished Wyrm-type monsters x 500. You can only use this effect of "Emperor's Guard" once per turn.

Hi there. Sorry for being late. I have been inactive for a while so here's my entry

jmkhV5N.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']Lore
If you control another Non-Tuner Genryu-Type monster, you can special summon this card from your hand. If Summoned this way, banish this card when it leaves the field. 
 [/spoiler]
Not the best but i thought it would be a nice ice breaker.

[/spoiler]

I'd like to apply as judge.

System:

Total: /100
> Effect Text Correctness: /10
> Grammar, Syntax and Spelling: /5
> Image Quality and Realism: /5
> Image Thematic Coherency: /5
> Balancing and Usability: /15
> Abusability: /5
> Design: /20
> Creativity (Theme): /15
> Creativity (Gameplay): /15
> Judge's Grace (*): /5

(*) Subjective factors that do not fall under the above categories, personal preference. Basically if the card appeals to me on some level, they will be awarded.

Good to have your assistance.

Will add your name to the judge list (since your scale is 100 and I have a 40 point one, I'll just scale mine by 2.5 so it holds equal weight).

Don't worry about changing it though; making this out of a joint 300 sounds interesting. 

@TEM: You're in.

(Now to see if Ain or Scary are available; though I'm not forcing them to help with this if they don't wish to)

469001LV8BlueEyesMetaphizeDragon.png

When this card is Special Summoned: You can target any number of your banished LIGHT and/or DARK Dragon-type monsters; shuffle them into the Deck, and if you do, return your other banished monsters to your Graveyard. This card gains 200 ATK for each card shuffled into the Deck this way. You must have Level 8 Dragon-Type Normal Monster(s) in your Graveyard to activate and to resolve this effects.

Hints:

Very Useful in a Chaos Deck, and to activate an to resolve its effects you can use Imagine Breaker by Tributing 1 B-Eyes W.Dragon 

[Spoiler=Entry]

6SyCUvH.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lore]Cannot be used as Synchro material, excpet for the Synchro Summon of a Genryu-Type monsnter. When this card is Special Summoned, by the effect of a "Dragonstar" monster: You can Special Summon up to 3 Level 4 or lower "Dragonstar" monsters from your Graveyard, in face-up Defense Position, then take 500 damage for each monster summoned this way. Once per turn, during your opponent's Main Phase or Battle Phase: You can Target 1 Genryu-Type Synchro Monster in your Graveyard, then banish "Dragonstar" monsters you control (including this card) whose Level is equal to that target's Level; Special Summon that target (this is a Quick Effect). This Special Summon is treated as a Synchro Summon.[/spoiler]

Archived