[Sakura] Lavender Sky Blade Dragon (17,000th post)

xDdDFPn.jpg

1 Tuner Synchro Monster + 1 non-Tuner Dragon or Genryu-Type Synchro Monster
Once per turn: You can excavate the top 4 cards of your Deck; shuffle them back into the Deck, and if you do, this card's maximum number of attacks this turn are equal to the number of monsters with different Attributes excavated by this effect +1. This card can only attack directly once during the turn you activate this effect. If this card would be destroyed by an opponent's card effect: You can banish this card; negate the effect of that card, and if you do, destroy it. During the End Phase, if this effect was activated this turn (and was not negated): You can Special Summon this card from your banished zone.

[spoiler=V1]

qeed4nV.jpg

1 Tuner Synchro Monster + 1 non-Tuner Dragon or Genryu-Type Synchro Monster
Once per turn: You can excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck; shuffle them back into the Deck, and if you do, this card's maximum number of attacks this turn are equal to the number of monsters with different Attributes excavated by this effect +1. If this card would be destroyed by an opponent's card effect: You can banish this card; negate the effect of that card, and if you do, destroy it. During the End Phase, if this effect was activated this turn (and was not negated): You can Special Summon this card from your banished zone.[/spoiler]

So, this is my 17,000th post here on YCM (yay!)

To celebrate it, a new Genryu Synchro was bred.

As you notice, the non-Tuner requirement can be either a Dragon or Genryu; since only Shoufuku exists for any Genryu Synchros at the moment.

Flavor-wise, it combines the two Types, since they are essentially the same (just that Genryu can't abuse the numerous support real Dragons have).

While yes, this does borrow some stuff off of Shooting Star (and I do like that card a lot), keep in mind that it can block itself from dying via an effect (or in the case of spread cards like Mirror Force, Torrential and the like; your other monsters). The multiple attack effect is toned down to 3 cards, but you still have this card's normal attack in case you don't end up revealing any monsters. Flavor-wise, it works with the Genryu since all of their members have different Attributes.

IMG Credit: http://theroundtablet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/white-dragon.jpg

With that said and done, love/hate/CnC/fix my OCG, etc.

Good reviews and CnC will be repped.

~ Oh and Happy Easter everyone (though it probably ended for many of you at the time of this post) ~

I think you have crafted quite an interesting card. I've truthfully only been through one duel with the Cosmic Dragons as of yet, but I can definitely see where this card would easily fit in amongst them. Flavor-wise, this card is spot on. It looks to be a bit tricky to get out, relying on you getting both Formula Synchron out, as well as something like Shoufuku or Stardust in the same turn. Obviously not impossible, not by a long shot, but it would definitely have to be run in a dedicated deck, which isn't a bad thing. I think your probably could have gotten a bit more creative in that last effect there, but regardless it is a decent card. 

Happy Easter to you as well! :D

Yeah, last effect needs to be worked on (especially since it works almost identical to SSD). I should add some tutor effect or something.

In terms of getting this thing out, you can do it in multiple turns much like how 108-109 of 5Ds resulted, but getting both out at once doesn't require that much effort.

For the most part, you can use the same tactics you'd get Shooting Star out with [since it works].

Yeah, last effect needs to be worked on (especially since it works almost identical to SSD).

Actually it's mostly the first effect that makes it like Shooting Star. The second effect is... Fine. Since, you know, it's counterproductive to the Archetype and could just be replaced with something different all together.

This was theoretically a standalone Genryu, not related to the Dragonstars.

I still have to do more research on the Archetype though to figure out how they work (aside from getting enough of them on field; synch into Shoufuku and w/e).

Hopefully the next Arc-V set makes more support cards.

Probably would've been better if I made this a Dragon-Type, but then there's the issue with the heavy amount of Dragon stuff out there.

As for the second effect (assuming you mean the banish to block stuff that destroys it); I could just have it negate it with some hand cost and then rework the banish effect into something else (i.e. burn damage, tutoring another Genryu/Dragon)

That is true (Metaphize Armed Dragon).

Eventually, some other Dragons might get retrained into Genryu, but we'll have to wait a while

As for the edits to this card, I'll just have it discard something to negate a damaging effect [in a similar vein to Blade Blaster] and have it revive one of its materials or something when it gets killed in battle.

The second effect is fine. It's the first one that needs fixing.

Simply put, it's sacky. SSD was fine because you have a limited number of Tuners in the deck, and generally at least 2 of them have already been removed, and also to use it, you risk not being able to attack at all, which makes it a suboptimal choice a lot of the time. With this, you're only limited by the number of different Attributes you run, and your monster count. Assuming you just excavate one monster, this card becomes a double attacker. Two of different Attributes? Quite possibly OTK.

It's one of those difficult cases where you have an effect that's generally balanced, but at the same time too rewarding based on chance, without an assorted drawback. I'd solve this by "This card can only attack directly once during the turn you activate this effect" clause to the first effect, and then increasing the scope to 5.

Ah, the SSD-esque one.

Yeah, adding that restriction should take care of it. It may have 4-5 hits, but you can't kill for game if your opponent lacks a monster to destroy.

I put the +1 after that effect so you at least get the normal attack if you somehow don't get monsters. I originally planned on making it Genryu-Type monsters, but that wouldn't be good later on. I'll make it excavate 4 cards, so it mirrors SSD's 5 on a lucky shot and add that suggestion.

(Considering the Dragonstars all have different Attributes, you're pretty much getting 2-3 hits out of this card)

Thanks for the CnC though.

Archived