Dangerous Machine Type-6 Format

300px-DangerousMachineType6-LCJW-EN-C-1E

I got this idea from a couple of friends of mine who played something very similar to this once at locals. It seemed very amusing. I didn't know exactly how they played it out, so I made my own rules.

The idea is that the game state always has the effect of Dangerous Machine Type-6 in play. This means that both players effectively have the card in play constantly. It doesn't take up a Spell/Trap zone, it is just a constant in-game effect. Seems simple enough, except for when a 6 is rolled, because the idea is that the effect is always in play. I therefore have tweeked the rules to what I think would be good to do with that effect:

The game starts with 3 copies of Dangerous Machine Type-6 in the "pool" and one is immediately put into effect. If one player rolls a 6, that copy of Dangerous Machine Type-6 is destroyed and replaced with another. You then apply its effect as it is still the Standby Phase. The player who rolls a 6 and destroys the last Dangerous Machine Type-6 in the pool loses the duel.

Rolling a 6 means destroying 1 monster you control, so it is in line with the effect of rolling a 5. 

Not sure of any custom-banlist that may need to be created for this. 

Banned:
Ridiceulous

Also, since it is not a card in play, discarding/destroying is not done by a "card effect", meaning anything that activates when being discarded by a card effect does not work and monsters that cannot be destroyed by card effects can still be destroyed by this.

Discuss?

I don't really like the "3 6s and the game is over" idea, because the chances of that happening are actually not too slim, and it kinda kills the fun that this format looks to have. Perhaps just change the 6 effect to be "Destroy 1 monster you control" and square it with the 5 effect.

I like this idea better. That way, Dangerous Machine format would be like Speed World and not an auto win machine

Play Dark Worlds.

This. That way, you have 4 positive effects (1 - Discard a card, 2 - Opponent discards, 3 - Draw a Card, 5 - Destroy your opponent's monster)

Sure, your opponent will most likely be playing Dark Worlds too so number 2 isn't a bad effect so much, but that's just evening out the playing field and making it 3 good, 3 bad instead of 4-versus-2.

Archived