New Spellcaster Archetype [Beta]

Mihe

Hello all! I am Mihe and I would like to showcase an Archetype I have made, from gathering some spare time on my hands. This new Spellcaster Archetype is known as Foreseer. This deck is now currently a Beta and will continue to get updates and new cards as I think of ways to better the deck. Be on the lookout for more updates!

DISCLAIMER: Artwork shown in these card images are not owned by me in any way. I am not using the artwork or these cards in any form of commercial use.

Information: These cards are a Spellcaster-type Archetype. Their boss cards and general boss summons revolve around levels 3, 6, and 9. This deck is aimed towards summoning XYZ monsters. 

Banlist: 

Iris, Foreseer of Prosperity [Limited]

Things I haven't added yet:

-Monster-destruction effect (with a cost)

-S/T-destruction effect (with a cost)

-Backrow bouncing effect (monster effect; with a cost)

Card Images:

Monster Cards:

Agnes, Foreseer of Purity

Cn4UxV0.jpg

You can discard this card to the Graveyard, then target 1 Spellcaster-Type monster your opponent controls; take control of that target until the End Phase.

Iris, Foreseer of Prosperity

5ZDpCCu.jpg

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 1 Spellcaster-Type monster you control. Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 Spellcaster-Type monster from your hand or Graveyard, except "Iris, Foreseer of Prosperity".

Choire, Foreseer of Harmony

cZdmUbU.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Foreseer" monster from your hand in face-up Defense Position.

Dalia, Foreseer of Destiny

M33WG8s.jpg

You can send 1 monster you control to the Graveyard and Special Summon 1 "Foreseer" monster from your hand. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "Foreseer" monster from your Deck to your hand.

Orva, Foreseer of Loyalty

WROHbZu.jpg

You can only control 1 face-up "Orva, Foreseer of Loyalty". If you control a Spellcaster-Type monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). During your next Standby Phase after this face-up card on the field was destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon it from your Graveyard.

Anima, Foreseer of Spirituality

CkEnI5p.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Add 1 "Shared Fate" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

Pratt, Foreseer of Mischief

dPDxAAh.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Add 1 "Shared Fate" Trap Card from your Deck to your hand.

Ill Fortune Token

33RRSpA.jpg

This card is Special Summoned by the effect of "Shared Fate - Quo Fata Ferunt".

Spell Cards:

Shared Fate - New World Order

ltYlFBn.jpg

All monsters on the field and in every Graveyard become Spellcaster-Type monsters. Neither player can Tribute Summon monsters, except Spellcaster-Type monsters.

Shared Fate - A Gypsy's Plea

NCMDCKO.jpg

When a "Foreseer" monster is Normal Summoned to your side of the field: You can add 1 "Foreseer" monster from your Deck to your hand with less ATK than that monster.

Shared Fate - A Second Chance

nxNRQyk.jpg

Target 5 "Foreseer" monsters in your Graveyard; shuffle them into the Deck, then draw 2 cards (draw 3 cards instead, if you had no other cards on your side of the field and in your hand when you activated this card).

Shared Fate - Quo Fata Ferunt

IxzlY3h.jpg

Pay 2000 Life Points. Destroy a face-up "Shared Fate" Spell card you control and destroy all monsters on the field. Then, Special Summon 1 "Ill Fortune Token" (Spellcaster-Type/DARK/Level 3/ATK 1000/DEF 1000) in Attack Position. Also, you cannot declare an attack this turn.

Trap Cards:

Shared Fate - Rekindle the Dying Flame

iveJqvx.jpg

Tribute 1 "Foreseer" monster, then target 1 "Foreseer" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target from the Graveyard.

Shared Fate - Arcane Barrier of Secrets

daaddab.jpg

Negate the activation of a Spell or Trap Card that would destroy a face-up "Foreseer" monster you control and destroy it. Add 1 "Shared Fate" card from your Deck to your hand.

Shared Fate - The Last Day

zKHaCTO.jpg

Banish any number of Spellcaster-Type monsters from your Graveyard; gain 800 Life Points for each Spellcaster-Type monster banished to activate this card.

Extra Deck Monster Cards:

Angelique, Majestic Oracle of Time

rUrWUuM.jpg

3 Level 6 "Foreseer" monsters
You can only control 1 "Angelique, Majestic Oracle of Time". This card is unaffected by other monster effects. If this card has "Iris, Foreseer of Prosperity" as an Xyz Material, it gains this effect.
● Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; change its battle position, and if you do, negate its effects until the end of this turn.

Tristan, Majestic Foreseer of Sorrow

TN4RXHp.jpg

2 Level 3 "Foreseer" monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard, and if you do, draw 1 card.

Banlist: 

Iris, Foreseer of Prosperity [Limited]

Things I haven't added yet:

-Monster-destruction effect (with a cost)

-S/T-destruction effect (with a cost)

-Backrow bouncing effect (monster effect; with a cost)

Seems like a spammable deck for Xyz. Based on their effects, the deck is 2fast 2furious. 

and I mean sure, add cards that Pop a monster/spell/trap card on the field. If you really want to go ahead.

Usually, when I do something like that(sometimes) I make it have some sort of cost. But that's up to you mang.

Seems like a spammable deck for Xyz. Based on their effects, the deck is 2fast 2furious. 

and I mean sure, add cards that Pop a monster/spell/trap card on the field. If you really want to go ahead.

Usually, when I do something like that(sometimes) I make it have some sort of cost. But that's up to you mang.

Yes, this Archtype is, for the most part, XYZ-orientated. I tried to balance out the effects somewhat so that there wouldn't be an easy loop. As of now, there is no easy way to recycle these monsters for an easy loop, except for one of the spell cards listed in there.

Effects like summoning monsters directly from the main deck I have not considered, for the sheer fact that the searching power in this deck is already good, as well as getting monsters out of the hand/grave and onto the field. Special summoning from the main deck would just be overkill, imo.

Ahh and yes, but of course the popping effects would have a cost! I was just stating that I would like to add such an effect, but I agree of course with a cost!

Thanks for your feedback.

I have an Archetype where it's also Xyz Spam intentionally TO spam, but I like what you have going on here with your idea for cards. The adding power here IS good, and I like how you made a "banlist" for your own cards. I haven't seen anyone else do that, it's pretty cool.

No problem, I always take the time to at least try to give people feedback and some of my opinions on choices of cards they have made.

I have an Archetype where it's also Xyz Spam intentionally TO spam, but I like what you have going on here with your idea for cards. The adding power here IS good, and I like how you made a "banlist" for your own cards. I haven't seen anyone else do that, it's pretty cool.

No problem, I always take the time to at least try to give people feedback and some of my opinions on choices of cards they have made.

Nothing too wrong with XYZ spam. :b I, in my years of dueling have found imo the most OP effects to be card-bouncing effects that do not target (i.e. Madolche Queen Tiaramisu, Oreia, the Sylvan High Arbiter, etc.).

I love searching effects, but must also be careful of such effects because they can become really overpowered depending on how the deck works (i.e. Bujin, Fire Fist, etc.). For now (for my Archetype), the searching power is here to replace effects that special summon monsters from the deck (I know and understand that there are ways to balance such effects, but I find searching power to be an interesting engine [as some would prefer adding to hand before they special summon just yet, in order to have options]).

Thank you again. I like making a banlist, because I would like to make the cards as competitive and balanced as I can.

*New XYZ monster:

69BCi4b.jpg

2 Level 3 "Foreseer" monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard, and if you do, draw 1 card.

Update: 

Dalia, Foreseer of Destiny now moved to the banlist; Dalia, Foreseer of Destiny is now considered Semi-Limited. I've had a few test runs in ygopro with it and having 3 legal copies enables heavy otk loops.

what? how? O_O

By using SQLite and LuaEdit2010, along with Buttys' ygopro card manager (for banlist purposes). SQLite is to edit the cdb in your directory folder for ygopro. Lets you manually edit anything about a card, except its scripted/coded function. In order to edit the actual lua scripts you will need to use a program that can edit lua scripts. Outlaw's ygopro card manager is capable and so is LuaEdit2010.

Expect an rather decent update on this deck very soon. It will be in the Beta version, as I've designed enough cards for it to become a rather playable Archetype in a duel now.

***Update***

• New cards added.
  • Dalia, Foreseer of Destiny has now been taken off of the banlist. More testing in YGOPRO proved 3 copies to be perfectly fine and balanced.
  • Anima, Foreseer of Spirituality's effect(s) have been changed.
  • Michael, Majestic Foreseer of Triumph  has been removed. Deemed as unnecessary for such a high summon condition.

Archived