Pyro, April 2014, Please help the noob.

Arctic55

Ok, so I have two versions of this deck, one I play a competitions, and one I play for fun.  The one I play for fun involves proxies that I created.  Also, the deck revolves around Ultimate Baseball Kid mainly, but has a Solar Flare Dragon lock ablity in case.  I got tired of trying to make it better, so I thought I would try and get some help.  Please help.

[spoiler='Competition Version']

Monsters:

1x UFO Turtle

1x Laval Lancelord

1x Charcoal Inpachi

1x Flame Tiger

3x Masked Dragon

3x Inferno

3x Ultimate Baseball Kid

3x Blazing Inpachi

3x Solar Flare Dragon

3x Spirit of Flames

Spells:

1x Black Pendant

1x Monster Reincarnation

1x Ego Boost

1x Dark Hole

2x Fissure

2x Hammer Shot

3x Molten Destruction

Traps:

1x Sakuretsu Armor

1x Magic Cylinder

1x Raigeki Break

1x Bottomless Trap Hole

1x Firewall

1x Backfire

1x Dark Bribe

1x Spellbinding Circle

1x Kunai with Chain

1x Trap Hole

2x Defense Draw

Extra Deck

1x Infernal Flame Vixen

1x Grenosaurus

1x Wind-Up Zenmaines

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Fun Version with Proxies']

Please Note, removed cards are striked through, and added cards are in italics.  Also the proxies were made by me and can be found at this link:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/314723-random-cards-that-can-support-old-decks/

Monsters:

1x UFO Turtle

1x Laval Lancelord

1x Charcoal Inpachi

1x Flame Tiger

3x Masked Dragon Magma Elemental

3x Inferno

3x Ultimate Baseball Kid

3x Blazing Inpachi Magma Pumpkin

3x Solar Flare Dragon

3x Spirit of Flames

1x Magma Catapult

1x Magma Snake

1x Magma Golem

Spells:

1x Black Pendant

1x Monster Reincarnation

1x Ego Boost

1x Dark Hole

2x Fissure

2x Hammer Shot

3x Molten Destruction
1x Volcanic Spirit

Traps:

1x Sakuretsu Armor

1x Magic Cylinder

1x Raigeki Break

1x Bottomless Trap Hole

1x Firewall

1x Backfire

1x Dark Bribe

1x Spellbinding Circle

1x Kunai with Chain

1x Trap Hole

2x Defense Draw

Extra Deck

1x Infernal Flame Vixen

1x Grenosaurus

1x Wind-Up Zenmaines

1x Magma Horror

[/spoiler]

Right, first of all, get rid of the second deck. This section doesn't deal with custom card decks.

The first deck needs A LOT of work though. It is nowhere near "competitive" and never will be if you keep it themed around Ultimate Baseball Kid. Your best option is to go for some kind of Rank 4 thing with the option of a Solar Flare lock. Baseball Kid is a terrible card to base a deck around so I'm sorry but it has to go. Solar Flare shouldn't be the base of a deck either, it can be run as a fun option because the lock is fun (albeit rare and easy to counter).

Try something like this:

BzIeWch.png

The idea is to just use Rescue Rabbit, UFO Turtle and Spirit of Flames to get a couple of Level 4s out and win through Rank 4s, because it is pretty much the best Rank. Tour Guide is mainly for Leviair so you can get back banished stuff from Spirit of Flames or even Rescue Rabbit if you recycled your Blazing Inpachis with Daigusto Emeral. Solar Flare is because of the lock and a UFO Turtle target. 

Even if you don't listen to my advice about getting rid of the whole Baseball Kid thing, then at least improve your Spell/Trap lineup to include good staples like MST, the 4 @1 Traps etc and get rid of the random awful stuff like Charcoal Inpachi and all.

First off, I want to thank you for putting time into helping me.  Second, I use the deck I have becuase of my lack of cards in my collection, so I currently cannot put together the deck you created.  Third, I don't know what all the cards in the picture are, so a card list would be helpful.  Fourth, where do I post my deck with proxie cards?  And besides that, do the proxies help any?

But I really want to thank you for helping me.  :)

[Spoiler List]

Monsters: 19

1x Rescue Rabbit

3x Blazing Inpachi

3x UFO Turtle

3x Solar Flare Dragon

3x Spirit of Flames

3x Tour Guide From the Underworld

1x Night Assailant

1x Masked Chameleon

1x Summoner Monk

Spells: 11

3x Pot of Duality

3x Forbidden Lance

3x Mystical Space Typhoon

1x Book of Moon

1x Dark Hole

Traps: 10

1x Bottomless Trap Hole

1x Solemn Warning

1x Compulsory Evacuation Device

1x Torrential Tribute

2x Breakthrough Skill

2x Fiendish Chain

2x Safe Zone

Extra Deck:

Some generic Rank 4s and Rank 3s then a Stardust, Scrap Dragon and Crimson Blader.

Important ones are Leviair the Sea Dragon and King of the Feral Imps

[/Spoiler]

I understand that this is a real life deck and cards are expensive, but you can easily make a budget version of the deck I posted. Just get cheap Rank 3s and 4s for the Extra Deck as a lot of them are ridiculously expensive. Most of the staples should be pretty cheap apart from like Breakthrough Skill and Safe Zone, and even they aren't too much. Just work with what you have and use my example as a template. Fit in some cheap staple cards but make sure all of the essential ones are still there. That is MST, Dark Hole, Book of Moon (since there's a Monk there), Warning, Bottomless, Compulsory, Torrential. The rest can be either the cards I put in or maybe D-Prison/Mirror Force or something. Apart from that, Masked Chameleon isn't that easy to get since it was only printed as Ultra in its pack, but it is kind of essential for your Blazing Inpachis and its searchable off King of the Feral Imps.

I don't really delve into Custom Cards much and I'm not even sure there is a section where you post CC decks.

Here isn't not the place to discuss the Custom Cards so I can't really comment on their usefulness. I might just pop into that thread at some point where I could give you some CnC. 

And you're welcome :P I have to say you listen to advice much better than most new people on this forum and you're much more appreciative of the fact that we are actually trying to help you. Most of the time threads like this end in catastrophe...

Archived