[Sakura] Kiyoko, Sorceress of Scattered Memories

1nvmCAa.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned by banishing 2 Spellcaster-Type monsters from your Graveyard OR returning 2 of your banished Spellcaster-Type monsters to your Deck. Cards that are sent to the Graveyard are banished instead. You can discard 1 card: Negate the effect of a card that targets 1 or more cards you control, including at least 1 Spellcaster-Type monster. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each of their banished cards.

IMG Credit: Me (I forgot where I found the original render); let me know (either here or PM) if you'd like the pic.

Anyway, CnC/love/hate/fix my OCG, etc.

Good reviews/CnC get repped.

I do like the pic, looks very matching of its name and effect.

As for the effect it is very interesting. The card can act as an effective boss in traditional spellcasters and even spellbooks however the problem with spellbooks is that they don't want all their cards to be banished because it conflicts with their field spell and spellbook of mastery. Not only that but they already have several boss monsters (priestess, world and destroyer)

On the plus side this does have its uses because of its easy summoning method that is similar to BLS and is a LIGHT attribute so shares all its support (i.e. honest) and could work well in any chaos variants of spellcasters. Last point of mention is rather obvious but the effects have plenty of synergy to make this a decent boss on its own.

Overall, I think it is well designed, if just a bit impractical.

That's true, Spellbooks have their own bosses to handle their stuff and the full banishing does conflict with their usage of Library/Mastery; though I had this designed mainly for Chaos stuff. It could work with other Decks that focus on getting cards banished, but the Spellcaster requirement may prove a problem outside of Chaos builds.

It also blocks stuff like 101 or some other targeting effects and takes them out as well. Think the burn amount is fine though (I was considering 300 damage per card, but that might've been too much, especially if done late game and your opponent has several cards).

But thank you for the comments/CnC.

It's too strong, in a rather obvious way. Its Banisher of Radiance on a 2700 body that can protect itself from being targeted (and Banishes in retaliation, tough luck 101). And also burns for a very reasonable amount per turn. At the same time its summoning condition is very simple and doesn't require any field or hand dedication. Grave-reliant decks might have trouble bringing out the usual answer, Exciton, against this. It needs a nerf.

However, it also could use a rework in its summoning condition. This card banishes indiscriminately. It would be ideal in a deck that wants its stuff to be banished. However, because such a deck keeps their stuff banished, the summoning condition, that would otherwise be a piece of cake, becomes awkward. Specifically, running multiples of this could be problematic.

My suggestions:

- Change the summoning condition to: "Banish 2 Spellcaster-Type monsters from your Graveyard OR return 2 of your Banished Spellcaster-Type monsters to your deck"

- Lower Level to 7, and ATK to 2500. This allows the opponent to ram some stuff in it. Level 8s have some good blanket support and synergy, while Level 7s do have some options specifically with Spellcasters, so I think this is more of a trade-off tweak than a direct nerf.

- While I'm at it, I'd suggest an indirect nerf in making it WIND instead of LIGHT. This would make it non-Honestable and keep it away from some generic usage that LIGHTs have. I also think it's a nice idea conceptually, with the memories scattering in the wind and all. Maybe that's just me though.

- Lastly I'd change its protection effect. I'd get rid of the part that Banishes the offending target, this will at least let the opponent try to kill your hand without losing disproportionately much in exchange. In return I'd get rid of the OPT clause and make it so that it can react to stuff that targets more than 1 card (namely "negate the effect of a card that targets 1 or more cards you control, including at least 1 Spellcaster-Type monster"). This is generally a buff rather than a nerf, overall, but I think with the stats reduction it's fine.

Lovely picture.

EDIT: Oh and some OCG - Banish from, and one extra ; in the negation effect that should be a comma.

Archived