Ra's disciple and mound of the bound creator

300px-RasDisciple-DRLG-EN-ScR-1E.png

When this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon up to 2 "Ra's Disciple" from your hand and/or Deck. Cannot be Tributed, except for the Tribute Summon of "Slifer the Sky Dragon", "Obelisk the Tormentor", or "The Winged Dragon of Ra". You cannot Special Summon monsters, except by the effect of "Ra's Disciple".

300px-MoundoftheBoundCreator-DRLG-EN-ScR

Level 10 or higher monsters on the field cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. If a Level 10 or higher monster on the field destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: The player who controlled the destroyed monster takes 1000 damage. When this card on the field is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 DIVINE monster from your Deck to your hand.

those, are some serious buffs. and the mound has other uses beyond just god support

so, is this enough of a buff to support a level 10 god deck?

maybe just casual.

yeah but does the game need another gadget at level 4?

I don't see what would be wrong with it.

It would be decent at best with the potential for a draw engine that wouldn't even be worth it most likely. Either in the form of Fairy Cheer Girl or Cards from the Sky or w/e

What's annoying is that Ra's Disciple is worded so that it misses timing. I don't know whether that prevents it from working during the Damage Step (summoned by Shining Angel/Nova Summoner) but on YGOPro it doesn't work. Then again it didn't work off of Summoner Monk either, so I think it's probably just bugged. It does mean that Soul Charging 1 Ra's Disciple won't get you the other 2 (as far as I know). There's also no reliable way to search it (again, as far as I know).

Mound of the Bound Creator however, that's a different story. Protection from targeting and destruction? Yes please, and that beefy 1000 damage for every monster it destroys means that even if your opponent sets monsters, they'll lose after a while. Makes stuff like Tragoedia more of a threat, and makes Leo almost impossible to beat.

I like them both, but Ra's Disciple requires very specific deck building. Mound of the Bound Creator is great fro any deck that focuses on a Level 10 monster (Trains, Earthbound, Exodius, etc.)

Archived