Since I'm training a Reshiram in Pokemon X, I decided to make a card for it. While I'm at it, might as well do its counterpart.

White Truth Dragon Reshiram

白い真理龍レシラム (Shiroi Shinriryū Reshiramu)

dOzNWZZ.jpg

1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner Dragon-Type monsters
The effects of monsters that battle this card are negated. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a Spell/Trap is activated that targets a card you control: You can discard 1 card; Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it.When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Your opponent takes 800 damage. If a face-up "Black Desire Dragon Zekrom" you control attacked this turn, this card gains 500 ATK until the end of the Battle Phase. During the End Phase, if this card is destroyed (either by battle or a card effect): You can banish 1 Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon this card.

Black Desire Dragon Zekrom

黒い欲望龍ゼクロム (Kuroi Yokubōryū Zekuromu)

UYyMnLo.jpg

1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner Dragon-Type monsters
The effects of monsters that battle this card are negated. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a monster effect is activated that targets a card you control: You can discard 1 card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that monster.When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; it cannot attack until the End Phase of your opponent's next turn. If a face-up "White Truth Dragon Reshiram" you control attacked this turn: This card gains 500 ATK until the end of the Battle Phase. During the End Phase, if this card is destroyed (either by battle or a card effect): You can banish 1 Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon this card.

OK, some analogues to their effects.

• First effects negating opponent monsters that battle them are a reference to Turboblaze / Teravolt, respectively.
  • Monster destruction effects reference Blue Flare / Bolt Strike. In Reshiram's case, that equates to burn damage; Zekrom can paralyze a monster from attacking until the next turn.
  • Secondary attack effect references Fusion Flare/Bolt, though it equates to a small ATK boost instead that expires when the Battle Phase. If I were to use the actual game analogue and have it double any damage given, then it would be very OPed (since the possibility of dealing 6600 damage in a single shot still exists).
  • Both can negate targeting effects with a simple hand discard; Reshiram deals with S/Ts and Zekrom, monsters (so yeah, cya 101).

EDITS:

• Lowered their DEF to 2600 (originally 2800). To keep it in line with the earlier legends I made, I scaled it down.
  • Fixed the effects (remind me to double check cards before I post, especially when they have long effects)

IMG Credit: http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/148/f/7/Reshiram_by_Dandebird.png and http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/216/6/0/zekrom_by_seiryuuden-d2ufed7.jpg

Needless to say, I had a hard time trying to balance their in-game abilities and incorporate them into Yugioh mechanics w/out making them OPed as heck. But they do have strong effects; that much is certain.

(I'm debating whether or not to do Kyurem; if I do, I'll make a new thread for it)

Anyway, the usual CnC/love/hate/fix OCG, etc.

Reps will be given to good CnC/reviews.

These are great, like all your other pokemon cards. I found a small flaw on the wording on both Reshiram and Zekrom. The negation effects for both will only work on your turn, and are Ignition effects. They should read "Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a monster effect is activated: You can discard 1 card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that monster." for Zekrom, and "Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a Spell/Trap is activated that targets a card you control: You can discard 1 card; Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it."

And you can OTK if you have both of them on the field, assuming your opponent has no monsters. Zekrom should read "If a face-up "White Truth Dragon Reshiram" you control attacked this turn: This card gains 500 ATK until the end of the Battle Phase and can attack once again in a row."

Fixed the OCG stuff, so the ignition effects work on either turn.

I intended for both dragons to only negate targeting cards; otherwise they'll end up as OPT Dark Bribe / Divine Wrath respectively (or Judgment); though I did consider making them negate any S/T or effect OPT at first. I might revert them if I think it's okay to give them free reign in doing so. 

Zekrom can deal with 101 or something, though Exciton still kills it (but it circumvents that to some degree by reviving at the End Phase). I could change their effects to deal with "destroying" effects instead; then BRD, Exciton and whatever "sweep" killers are dead meat. Same with Reshi; changing it allows to check Torrential, Mirror Force or w/e.

As for the "Fusion" effects, fixed Zekrom's so it doesn't allow it to go kill someone again with its boosted 3800 ATK. Granted though, they can still kill for game if you sweep your opponent enough prior.

Thanks for the comment/CnC.

Archived