[Sakura] Elemental HERO Atmosphere

rwGAQsW.jpg

If you control 2 or more "Elemental HERO" monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, destroy 1 card your opponent controls. You can only Special Summon "Elemental HERO Atmosphere" this way once per turn. When this card is used as a Fusion, Synchro or Xyz Material for an "Elemental HERO" monster: That monster cannot be targeted by your opponent's monster effects.

Lately, I've been running out of fresh material for cardmaking, so I decided to skim through some (Written) cards I made around 2006 or 2007-ish [before I joined YCM] for some stuff that could be redone and actually work nowadays. This is one of them, I suppose.

As the thread name already suggests, it's more HERO support (as if they already got a ton of it from their new Deck coming out in a few months).

Disregarding the heavy support this card can look forward to, it allows you to SS it if you have 2 more HEROs out and pop a card your opponent has (not targeting) and grants any of their Extra Deck monsters protection from targeting monster effects your opponent throws at it.

(I'll post the 2007 version of its effect upon request if you're interested in seeing what I originally made it as)

IMG credit: http://e-shuushuu.net/images/2012-03-25-486621.jpeg

Anyway, love/hate/CnC/fix OCG, etc.

Good reviews/CnC will be repped; pleasure make sure you abide by the Advanced Clause.

Thanks.

The thing that concerns me is that if you have 2-3 of these guys in your hand, and have 2 E-HERO's already on board (which really isn't that hard to do in that deck), you can drop 3 Monsters and pop 3 cards... As if E-HERO's don't have enough destructive power already... I'd put that you can only Special one per turn in there so this won't happen that easily. (As it already protects itself from all the Summon traps except Warning by popping the card)
I like the other effect though, it means that the Fusion/Synchro/Xyz doesn't auto-lose to 101 and other cards like that. Nice card overall. Love the idea!

Alright, I slapped on a hard OPT clause; meaning you only get to SS this card once per turn using its effect.

Originally I was going to make this WIND specific, but since Stratos is banned and Avian is better off being used to Fusion Summon, that wouldn't work out in the real game. (Factoring in fanfic stuff, might work)

Yeah, this card can still help the Omni-HEROs out a bit by giving them some protection.

But agreed on the new deck having some Synchro/Xyz support (still don't know what C HERO Chaos does, so might be able to support him once effect/stats are confirmed). HEROs are a Fusion archetype, yes, but they're slow now [especially since they're Nomi and a lot of key cards got banned/limited]

Archived