On Profiles

Short and simple.

Whenever someone goes to a person's profile, they have a playlist that plays automatically.

DN and Tumblr do it.

I really just want to have the Goofy Goober theme playing automatically, on loop, when someone goes to my profile.

I suggested this last year, and it was turned down. I'd honestly support this, though the mods may turn it down again.

YCM in general seems to be against any additions. I do not see why we shouldn't add new things, will it take away from the forum? I don't see how it will. I don't give my support nor do I reject this idea. I'm neutral about it and I don't mind either way but what I'm trying to say is that the staff shouldn't turn down any new idea just because they don't want any changes.

It's actually having the access to be able to do in the first place that is the actual problem. I'm against, because I usually browser YCM, whilst watching something on Youtube, so it'd have to be mutable. Plus we cannot guarantee that members are not using offensive songs or songs with swearing in.

It's actually having the access to be able to do in the first place that is the actual problem. I'm against, because I usually browser YCM, whilst watching something on Youtube, so it'd have to be mutable. Plus we cannot guarantee that members are not using offensive songs or songs with swearing in.

There is usually a small bar in the profile that allows people to pause the profile music, so that shouldn't be a problem. Also, I agree on having songs be approved first.

There is usually a small bar in the profile that allows people to pause the profile music, so that shouldn't be a problem. Also, I agree on having songs be approved first.

Just because you've seen it on other IP forums doesn't necessarily ensure that we have the same plugin. 

Many of the plugins you see on other forums that use IP are purchased. Pretty good example of this is the awards plugin everyone wanted a while back. 

As for approving each and every song, that sounds incredibly tedious and isn't worth our time.  

Actually, Super Mods can install plugins iirc, just couldn't download them from the IPS Marketplace because I believe you would need YCMaker's IPB Account.

Found a plugin for profile songs here: http://www.devfuse.com/forums/files/file/357-raw33-songs-in-profile/

You need to sign-up/in but unlike IPS Marketplace, you don't need to be the owner to download these plugin things.

At any rate, I've succeeded in embedding the No Game No Life opening theme into my profile just as an experiment. It's possible for mods to embed stuff into members' profiles through the AdminCP, but that's about it.

Actually, Super Mods can install plugins iirc, just couldn't download them from the IPS Marketplace because I believe you would need YCMaker's IPB Account.

Found a plugin for profile songs here: http://www.devfuse.com/forums/files/file/357-raw33-songs-in-profile/

You need to sign-up/in but unlike IPS Marketplace, you don't need to be the owner to download these plugin things.

At any rate, I've succeeded in embedding the No Game No Life opening theme into my profile just as an experiment. It's possible for mods to embed stuff into members' profiles through the AdminCP, but that's about it.

So there is no way for the members to do it themselves?

@Night: I understand that. My point is that is in an option and is possible.

AudioPal has stopped working for most people, Striker found a better one which doesn't require you downloading and uploading a song and even has a lot of customization: http://gaf210.imvustylez.net/codes/generators/youtube-player-lang-eng

A lot of you have been doing this already, but feel free to PM me or another mod with the embed code to put into your profile. Note that if you edit your profile, it will probably disappear.

AudioPal has stopped working for most people, Striker found a better one which doesn't require you downloading and uploading a song and even has a lot of customization: http://gaf210.imvustylez.net/codes/generators/youtube-player-lang-eng

A lot of you have been doing this already, but feel free to PM me or another mod with the embed code to put into your profile. Note that if you edit your profile, it will probably disappear.

Also, to make things easier, please put the embed code inside of

[CODE][/CODE]

Archived