Blazing Icy Void Dragon White Kyurem
燃える氷空隙龍ホワイトキュレム (Moeru Kōrikūgekiryū Howaito Kyuremu)
"Freezing Void Dragon Kyurem" + "White Truth Dragon Reshiram"
Must be Special Summoned by Fusion Summon with the above monsters and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. The effects of monsters that battle this card are negated. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can negate the effect of a card your opponent controls, and if you do, destroy it. Monsters your opponent controls lose 800 ATK/DEF and cannot change their Battle Position. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Your opponent takes 800 damage; also target 1 monster your opponent controls, and if you do, halve its original ATK/DEF. If this card is destroyed (either by battle or a card effect), you can Special Summon 1 "White Truth Dragon Reshiram" from your Graveyard or banished zone.
Electrical Icy Void Dragon Black Kyurem
電撃氷空隙龍ブラックキュレム (Dengeki Kōrikūgekiryū Burakku Kyuremu)
"Freezing Void Dragon Kyurem" + "Black Desire Dragon Zekrom"
Must be Special Summoned by Fusion Summon with the above monsters and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. The effects of monsters that battle this card are negated. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can negate the effect of a card your opponent controls, and if you do, destroy it, Monsters your opponent controls lose 800 ATK/DEF and cannot change their Battle Position. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Target 2 monsters your opponent controls; they cannot declare an attack during your opponent's next Battle Phase. If this card is destroyed (either by battle or a card effect), you can Special Summon 1 "Black Desire Dragon Zekrom" from your Graveyard or banished zone.
Reshiram and Zekrom: http://forum.yugiohc...ram-and-zekrom/
http://th01.devianta...dii-d5pum4h.png (White Kyurem)
http://assets22.poke...paper1_1920.jpg (Black Kyurem)
Well then, here are versions of Black and White Kyurem.
Yes, that other member has made some as well, but there is no rule that forbids both of us (or for that matter, the rest of you) from making cards based on the same characters.
As suggested by Gadjiltron in the original thread, the obvious choice was to make these as Fusions so that's what they are (I originally planned on doing Synchros to keep in line with the recent string, but things wouldn't work out smoothly).
There are two possible ways that you can Fusion Summon this card (given that you need 2 Synchro Monsters that each require a lot of dedication to bring them out).
- Regular Fusion Summoning with whatever fusion cards you'd like. This is assuming you have the resources to go into the Level 9 Kyurem AND Level 10 Reshiram or Zekrom and keep both out. Do note that Kyurem is WATER specific, whereas the other two Dragons simply require other Dragons to be used in their summoning.
- Using original Kyurem's effect to send itself back to the Deck AND banish Reshi/Zekrom you control or in the Graveyard; and without need for the fusion card like in method 1.
Anyway, as you can tell already, they're both Level 11 Fusions with strict Nomi conditions (I needed to put this as a counterbalance to Kyurem's effects, considering they are amped-up variants of both of its materials' ones and to keep in tone with the games).
As usual, the analogues to its effects (what are they in Pokemon, and how do they translate into Yugioh terminology).
- First effects reflect Turboblaze/Teravolt respectively (since Kyurem gains those when it fuses).
- Second is a hybrid variant of both Reshiram and Zekrom's, except you don't need to discard.
- Third is Kyurem's original stat cutting effect upgraded (point amount is 800 as opposed to 500 in normal form)
- Fourth effect (White) is Reshi's burn effect (I debated on raising it to 1000 or something, but that would've been overkill so I left it alone), and also reflects Ice Burn (or what a burn does to a Pokemon in-game; not factoring in Guts)
- Fourth effect (Black) is Zekrom's effect upgraded and reflects Freeze Shock/paralysis.
- Final effect allows it to revive Reshi/Zekrom from either the Graveyard or banished zone (if you summoned via method 2 or used Fusion Gate or something); if this card goes down.
I admit that five power effects on each of them does give the opportunity for these to be extremely powerful (and possibly OP), especially factoring in the 4200 ATK / 3500 DEF (which won't be going anywhere for a while). Hence, this is why I had to put the strict Fusion Materials and Nomi clause on this as a limiter. But then again, if you actually can pull off the effort needed to summon Kyurem or the other dragons, consider their power as your reward. Aesthetically, it ties into its description of being the strongest Dragon in existence; though Blue-Eyes, C107, Neo Galaxy Eyes, FGD, Master of Dragon Knight, Malefic (Sin) Truth Dragon outmatch it in ATK.
Discounting my long monologue about its flavor and other stuff, let's get down to the usual business.
You know what to do at this point: Rate/CnC/love/hate, fix my OCG, etc. (If the Japanese names for the cards are wrong, please correct me)
Reps will be awarded to those who give good CnC/reviews
Although I have this designed like my usual RC posts, you don't have to adhere to the Advanced Clause.
Just make sure you post something that's relevant to topic; thanks.
(Next will probably be the Eon siblings of Altomare; those I should have a lot of fun with.)
Edited by Sakura Haruno, 11 May 2014 - 05:01 AM.