[Sakura] Phoenix Ninja of the Hidden Leaf, Sakura

木ノ葉隠れの鳳凰忍者サクラ
(Konohagakure no Hōō Ninja Sakura)

9HKoIja.jpg

If you control 2 or more Warrior-Type monsters: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). During your Main Phase: Gain 300 Life Points for each other monster you control. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can negate the activation of an effect that targets a monster you control, and if you do, destroy it. When this card destroys a monster by battle: Your opponent takes damage equal to its Level or Rank x 200 points. If this card would be destroyed (either by battle or a card effect): You can pay 1000 Life Points instead.

Yeah, this card is based on Sakura, the Naruto character whose name/pic I've been using around YCM (and elsewhere) since 2010.

I was going to make a card based on Sakura eventually (it makes sense, doesn't it?)

Anyway, effects represent Sakura in the anime/manga/game.

• SS effect references her role in the ongoing ninja war; added support for her friends if they're already out.
  • LP recovery effect is a reference to her being a medical ninja.
  • Negation/destruction effect reflects her desire to protect her team mates (also deals with 101)
  • Burn effect reflects her super strength in the anime/manga.
  • Last effect reflects her desire not to give up (by using up energy [LP], she can keep fighting on)

IMG credit: Myself (thanks to Yin for doing the render for me)

With that said, CnC/love/hate, etc.

Reps will be given to those of you that provide good comments/CnC.

On a serious note: this is a great card Sakura ^_^ Great artwork was chosen to represent this character, and the effects are true to her performance in the anime, without making her RIDICULOUSLY OP. That being said the effects have a nice bit of variety to them making it a fun card to play. Great job hehehe 10/10 (no trolling from me today :P)

Yeah, I had to balance this card's effects with her game abilities w/out inserting any pride references to me, since I do like Sakura.

Well, there are several of them, however they're related to YCM.

- Level is 6, which correlates to my user level here.

- ATK is 2400, which is a little less than 1/6 of my total posts over here at the time of making this (outside of games/other post-locked sections); 2440 looks ugly so it's a round number. [I need to check my math...]

- Name is pretty much my user title (minus the katakana string)

Should factor in the recent chapter, but probably won't.

I like how we seem to be the few remaining card makers that have perfected OCG, names, art, and even matching effects with their series.

It helps that I also do stuff in RC (though I haven't done so lately b/c of lack of ideas). But yeah, applying stuff from the real game into Pop Culture shows that we can design stuff properly. (Hence why any reviews are somewhat linked to metagame stuff)

As always, Sakura, you aced this card. The effects go well with the whole character from the series. Nice job. ;)

Thank you.

Archived