[I-CSN] Constellar FULL Remake

Overfrost!

This is a remake to the outdated (imo) Constellar archetype, remaking everything in sight. This new set keeps its Swarm 'n Search strategy, now with a total Graveyard frenzy implemented in pure complexity. Some new notable systems in this reborn set are: Banish 1 "Constellar" monster from your Graveyard to activate effects for some monsters, and mostly for pluses. Shuffle banished card(s) into the Deck for Level manipulations. Only 1 "Constellar" Spell Card per turn (with better effects, obviously). And, Pleiades is on Rank 6! I hope this short introduction helps. Enjoy~ :)

Also, I did pretty much tests with this set, mostly summoned 1 Xyz Monster for 1 card (by this, I mean that when you Xyz Summon the monster, you have 5 cards in your hand, not counting its effects). And 2 Xyz Monsters in a turn for good hands (and good players, honestly this set is too confusing xD), 1 if not, and 1 for 2 cards if worst (again, not including its effects). Well, leave comments~ :D

RC Version: Shinefors.

[spoiler=I-CSN - Constellar Supernova]

Is8UhZT.jpg

You can only use 1 effect of "Constellar Arietis" per turn, and only once that turn. When this card is Summoned: You can send 1 "Constellar" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, then draw 1 card. You can shuffle this banished card into your Deck; banish 1 "Constellar" monster from your Deck. During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard: Shuffle it into the Deck.

WQSg8xq.jpg

This card cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon, except for the Xyz Summon of a "Constellar" monster. You can only use 1 effect of "Constellar Tauri" per turn, and only once that turn. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Constellar" monster from your hand in face-up Defense Position. When this card is Special Summoned: You can Normal Summon 1 "Constellar" monster from your Deck. During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard: Shuffle it into the Deck.

gQCNu7f.jpg

You can only use 1 effect of "Constellar Geminorum" per turn, and only once that turn. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Normal Summon 1 "Constellar" monster from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Constellar" monster from your hand in face-up Defense Position. During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard: Shuffle it into the Deck.

tDJ1G37.jpg

You can only use 1 effect of "Constellar Cancri" per turn, and only once that turn. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can banish 1 "Constellar" monster from your Graveyard; add 1 "Constellar" monster from your Deck to your hand. When this card is flipped face-up: You can add 1 "Constellar" card from your Deck to your hand. During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard: Shuffle it into the Deck.

pwfXEot.jpg

You can only use 1 effect of "Constellar Leonis" per turn, and only once that turn. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can banish 1 "Constellar" monster from your Graveyard; banish 1 "Constellar" monster from your Deck. You can shuffle this banished card into your Deck; increase the Level of 1 "Constellar" monster you control by up to 3. During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard: Shuffle it into the Deck.

7wg7aMY.jpg

This card cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon, except for the Xyz Summon of a "Constellar" monster. You can only use 1 effect of "Constellar Virginis" per turn, and only once that turn. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can banish 1 "Constellar" monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 of your banished "Constellar" monsters; Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position, and if you do, banish 1 "Constellar" monster from your Deck, then draw 1 card. When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 "Constellar" monster in your Graveyard; Normal Summon that target, and if you do, banish 1 "Constellar" monster from your Deck, then draw 1 card. During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard: Shuffle it into the Deck.

gMSsXT2.jpg

You can only use 1 effect of "Constellar Librae" per turn, and only once that turn. You can shuffle 1 of your banished "Constellar" monster into the Deck; Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can banish 1 "Constellar" monster from your Graveyard; add 1 "Constellar" monster from your Deck or banished cards to your hand. During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard: Shuffle it into the Deck.

RdaQMz9.jpg

You can only use 1 effect of "Constellar Scorpii" per turn, and only once that turn. You can shuffle 1 of your banished "Constellar" monster into the Deck; Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can banish 1 "Constellar" monster from your Graveyard; add 1 "Constellar" Spell Card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard: Shuffle it into the Deck.

hzF9z0x.jpg

You can only use 1 effect of "Constellar Ophiuchi" per turn, and only once that turn. You can discard this card; Special Summon 1 "Constellar" monster from your hand in face-up Defense Position. During your Main Phase: You can shuffle this banished card into your Deck; send 1 "Constellar" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. Also, you can increase the Level of 1 "Constellar" monster you control by 2 (this is a Quick Effect). During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard: Shuffle it into the Deck.

40yiiqh.jpg

This card cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon, except for the Xyz Summon of a "Constellar" monster. You can only use 1 effect of "Constellar Sagittarii" per turn, and only once that turn. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can banish 1 "Constellar" monster from your Graveyard; draw 1 card, and decrease the Levels of up to 2 "Constellar" monsters you control by 1. When this card is Special Summoned: You can banish 1 "Constellar" monster from your Graveyard; draw 1 card, and increase the Levels of up to 2 "Constellar" monsters you control by 1. During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard: Shuffle it into the Deck.

teg3gfd.jpg

You can only use 1 effect of "Constellar Capricorni" per turn, and only once that turn. When this card is Special Summoned: You can banish 1 "Constellar" monster from your Graveyard, then Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 "Constellar" monster from your Deck in face-up Defense Position. You can shuffle this banished card into your Deck, and banish 1 "Constellar" monster from your Graveyard; draw 1 card. During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard: Shuffle it into the Deck.

rjGzIGz.jpg

You can only use 1 effect of "Constellar Aquarii" per turn, and only once that turn. You can Tribute this card; Normal Summon 1 "Constellar" monster from your Deck. During your Main Phase: You can shuffle this banished card into your Deck; discard 1 "Constellar" card, then draw 1 card. Also, you can increase the Level of 1 "Constellar" monster you control by 1 (this is a Quick Effect). During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard: Shuffle it into the Deck.

KX6XF4B.jpg

This card cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon, except for the Xyz Summon of a "Constellar" monster. You can only use 1 effect of "Constellar Piscium" per turn, and only once that turn. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can banish 1 "Constellar" monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Constellar" monster from your Deck in face-up Defense Position. When this card is Special Summoned: You can shuffle any number of your banished "Constellar" monsters into the Deck; draw 1 card, and increase the Level of 1 "Constellar" monster you control by the number of cards shuffled into the Deck to activate this effect. During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard: Shuffle it into the Deck.

YaXet5D.jpg

2 Level 3 monsters
You can only attack with "Constellar" monsters, and only once per turn. When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can add 1 "Constellar" card from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can shuffle 1 Xyz Material attached to this card into the Deck, then target 1 monster on the field; it loses 800 ATK until the End Phase. During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard: Banish it.

FzvqSte.jpg

2 Level 4 monsters
You can only attack with "Constellar" monsters, and only once per turn. When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can add 1 "Constellar" monster from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can shuffle 1 Xyz Material attached to this card into the Deck, then target 1 monster on the field; it gains 800 ATK until the End Phase. During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard: Banish it.

N1zVWB1.jpg

2 Level 5 LIGHT monsters
You can only attack with "Constellar" monsters, and only once per turn. When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can add 1 "Constellar" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can shuffle 1 Xyz Material attached to this card into the Deck, then target 1 monster on the field; this turn, its ATK is halved, but it is unaffected by other card effects, and cannot be destroyed by battle. During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard: Banish it.

SoJbBO2.jpg

2 Level 6 LIGHT monsters
You can only attack with "Constellar" monsters, and only once per turn. When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can shuffle 1 card your opponent controls into the Deck. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can shuffle 1 Xyz Material attached to this card into the Deck, then target 1 monster on the field; its ATK is doubled, but it is returned to the hand during the End Phase. During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard: Banish it.

uXRAzfk.jpg

You can only activate 1 "Constellar" Spell Card per turn. Activate 1 of these effects.
● Discard 1 card, then draw 1 card, and if you do, Normal Summon 1 "Constellar" monster from your hand.
● Tribute 1 "Constellar" monster; choose 1 "Constellar" monster in your Deck, Normal Summon it, or Special Summon it in face-up Defense Position.

Mz5aawU.jpg

You can only activate 1 "Constellar" Spell Card per turn. Activate 1 of these effects.
● Target 1 "Constellar" Xyz Monster you control; shuffle all Xyz Materials attached to that target into the Deck, then Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 "Constellar" Xyz Monster that is 1 Rank higher than that target, by using that target as the Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon.)
● Shuffle 1 "Constellar" monster you control into the Deck; draw 2 cards, then discard 1 card.

JmgL0jG.jpg

● Shuffle 1 "Constellar" Xyz Material attached to a monster you control into the Deck, then target 1 card on the field; return that target to the hand.
● Banish 1 "Constellar" monster you control, then target 1 card on the field; shuffle that target into the Deck.

[/spoiler]

These Constellar remakes look like a different archetype entirely. You might as well replace "Constellar" in their names with a different word (that doesn't get indirect support from other cards/archetypes) and actually turn them into your own custom archetype, instead of remaking Constellars and using official artworks. By the way, I don't think Constellars are outdated, and they definitely not need a remake; if anything, they need a couple of support cards.

That aside, I spotted 2 things that don't look fine:

The last effect of Xyzs basically allows you to run 1 of each Constellar without worrying of running out of copies, which saves a lot of Extra Deck space that can be used for other generic Xyzs. This doesn't seem fair in my  opinion.

And the Spells are basically 3 different cards in 1, which makes them way too versatile. I noticed the restriction of "only 1 Constellar Spell per turn" you put on them but, really, if you need to restrict your Spells with such hard clause, then perhaps it would be more fair if you nerfed those Spells instead. For instance, you could start by splitting those 3-in-1 Spells into 3 different cards.

These Constellar remakes look like a different archetype entirely. You might as well replace "Constellar" in their names with a different word (that doesn't get indirect support from other cards/archetypes) and actually turn them into your own custom archetype, instead of remaking Constellars and using official artworks. By the way, I don't think Constellars are outdated, and they definitely not need a remake; if anything, they need a couple of support cards.

I think they're pretty outdated, though. I'll keep it as it is, for names and stuffs. Are there any restriction for remaking original cards? Or is it just, not recommended? (I'm new, see. And I'm going to remake some others soon >.>)

That aside, I spotted 2 things that don't look fine:
The last effect of Xyzs basically allows you to run 1 of each Constellar without worrying of running out of copies, which saves a lot of Extra Deck space that can be used for other generic Xyzs. This doesn't seem fair in my  opinion.
And the Spells are basically 3 different cards in 1, which makes them way too versatile. I noticed the restriction of "only 1 Constellar Spell per turn" you put on them but, really, if you need to restrict your Spells with such hard clause, then perhaps it would be more fair if you nerfed those Spells instead. For instance, you could start by splitting those 3-in-1 Spells into 3 different cards.

[1] Nerfed the Xyz Monsters, banished instead of going to the Extra Deck.
[2] Will be nerfed to 2 effects/Spell, and nerfed effects too. Though, still pending until further comments come out. (Honestly, I think they're pretty much fine, as those effects are basically the same. Different only in some ways, and for totally different situations.)

I think they're pretty outdated, though. I'll keep it as it is, for names and stuffs. Are there any restriction for remaking original cards? Or is it just, not recommended? (I'm new, see. And I'm going to remake some others soon >.>)

To be honest, I don't get what you mean with outdated. Constellars are not that old, and although most of their members are not widely used, the archetype works really well with Pollux, Algiedi, Kaust and Sombres.

On the subject of remaking cards, as far as I know there is no rule against them, but they look unrealistic, since remakes are not something Konami would do, and they would never recycle artworks to make new cards, as you are doing with these Constellars.

And really, take a look at your cards: You already gave them new names (Arietis, Tauri, etc.) and their own mechanic; the only thing that makes them Constellars is their archetype name and the recycled artworks, which feels lazy from your part; they are merely 2 steps away from becoming a realistic archetype. You could very well rename them as "Zodiac Star" or something (even "Stellar" would do) and  find their own custom artworks or keep them as Written Cards for the time being.

But if you want these cards to remain as remakes that badly, then perhaps you would have to post them on "Any other Cards" section.

To be honest, I don't get what you mean with outdated. Constellars are not that old, and although most of their members are not widely used, the archetype works really well with Pollux, Algiedi, Kaust and Sombres.

I said outdated because it's pretty much outmatched with the new cards imo. Its last new cards was a year ago by the way, a bit old. And it's rare for me to see one these days.

But if you want these cards to remain as remakes that badly, then perhaps you would have to post them on "Any other Cards" section.

I will take this choice. Someone please move this thread to "Any Other Cards" section. Or do I need to cnp this thread there?

And thanks for commenting, really helps me. :)

Archived