Ten Days Contest (Finished)

wightpower

With my honor besmirched by the failure of my last contest, I decided to use the end of May for something less ambitious. A quick, simple contest to get things rolling again.

The Ten Days Contest

Your Goal: I will give you a number from one to ten. You must design a card, any type of card, that features the number prominently. It can be in its name, its image, its effect, and/or its ATK/DEF. Make it creative and realistically viable. Also, you must make a new card. Don't use something you already have that coincidentally features the number I give you.

Entrants and Deadline: I am only accepting ten contestants (see the theme?). Once you join, I'll give you your number. No two entrants will have the same number. Entrants will be accepted from today until May 31st, and your cards must be submitted by then. Submit them here, don't PM me with them.

Fee and Prizes: 10 points. The prizes for now are: First Place gets 50% of the pot, Second place gets 35%, and Third gets 15%. You are welcome to add more points in a donation, but because of how short this is going to be, I don't recommend wasting more points than necessary on it. Save them for the next time I think of a bigger contest gimmick.

Judgement: I'm the only judge for this, and it's the same way I usually judge. No numbers, just a paragraph about how I feel about your card, how I think you can improve it, and what I thought was wrong with it, if anything. I will judge cards on June 1st. You are allowed to edit your cards until May 31st, even after you'e posted them. I won't judge anything officially until June 1st, so feel free to fix any mistakes before then.

That's about it. Hope I can get ten of you, but we'll see what happens. I'll list entrants below along with the number I gave them, for quick reference.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Pot: 180 points

Entrants (and their numbers):
• Aqua Hina (8 )
• Aez (9)
• Gadjiltron (4)

• Electric Wizard (3)

• Sharpretina24 (6)

• Poseidonbt (10)

• NameDollars (7)

• Empoledom (1)

• Therrion (5)

• Seattleite (2)

@GreigaBeastDS: Yeah, basically. I'm not up to speed on every rule, but I just mean I don't want any pop-culture or joke cards. Something that would appear in the Realistic Cards section of the forum, you know?

@Aqua: I think you accidentally sent me points twice. Do you want me to send 100 back? Otherwise, you're in, and your number is 8!

@Aez: You're in, and your number is 9!

@GreigaBeastDS: Yeah, basically. I'm not up to speed on every rule, but I just mean I don't want any pop-culture or joke cards. Something that would appear in the Realistic Cards section of the forum, you know?

@Aqua: I think you accidentally sent me points twice. Do you want me to send 100 back? Otherwise, you're in, and your number is 8!

@Aez: You're in, and your number is 9!

Yea that's right, tia

Entry:

hJXjXfe.jpg

Lore: All Machine- Type monsters used as a fusion material will be special summoned back to field instead of sending it to the graveyard. All Machine- Type monster will gain 100 ATK and DEF for each of your opponent's Standby Phase passed (max 6). When 1 monster gain 600 ATK and DEF by this card's effect, inflict damage for each monster you control affected by this effect. x100. Send this card to the graveyard when your opponent take 600+ damage by this card effect. Take 600 damage when this card is sent to the graveyard.

Ok, wightpower said I should edit my card so I get some things cleared.

First of all, the balanced effect, I totally didn't know whatmy effect will do to the duel sorry for that. Soooo I added some "Sixxy" effects here. I added the effect that instantly destroy this card, and takes some damage to your life points. It adds the factor that when you expanded the life points damaged to your opponent, you will get injured too. So we get some suicidal situation here and it's uncontrollable when you accidentally get the requirements so It get's a bit balanced I think.

Then I will explain how do the effects affect the name "Techno  Portal to the 6th Dimension". The boosts is for Machine- Type only since it's Techno (Technological). The part when the ATK and DEF of your monster will gain it slowly is because you take time to go to a portal and as you go,  you slowly fell the powaaarrsss!!!! nuff said. Let's imagine the 6th Dimension is a Machine World where Machines are more powerful?

Then the part when your opponent takes damage is because the power of a monster entering is inside is powerful so it is gonna launch some projectile thing? That damages your opponent. When your opponent takes too much damage, that means there are too much projectiles launched that causes the portal to explode, since you are the controller of the card, you will be damaged.

Well, this is just explanation so you can get what's going on. Hope it adds points!!!

Hope I get this luck :D

EDITED 5/24/2014

[spoiler Card]GMlcPPc.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler Lore]3 Level 4 monsters
All monsters your opponent controls lose 400 ATK and DEF. During each Standby Phase: Inflict 400 damage to your opponent. Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects if you have exactly 4 cards in your hand. If your opponent would Summon a Level 4 or Rank 4 monster: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate that Summon, and if you do, destroy it.[/spoiler]

Oh boy oh boy oh boy, you certainly made my day when you assigned me the number 4. It's my favourite digit for its significance in life and various beliefs. Four elements, four cardinal directions, Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, 4 being a basic number in rhythms, the Elite Four... but rather significantly, 4 is an inauspicious number in various Asian beliefs due to it being a homophone with "death" in the same language.

So I designed a card with 4 effects of varying magnitude.

At first, the 400 ATK/DEF decrease doesn't look like much, especially when this card needs 3 LV4 monsters to Summon. (No, I'm not going to make it 4 LV4 monsters. Too troublesome.) But when you factor in its 2400/1400 stats it effectively bumps it to 2800/1800 where a battle is concerned - sufficient to handle most big beaters in the current game, and a good deal for a 3-mat Rank 4.

The second effect gives a mild-looking 400 burn - but unlike most other continuous burn effects it checks on both player's Standby Phases. Even when it's not doing anything it'll still troubling the opponent.

I had trouble deciding on the third effect, with the base design coming off having 4 cards in hand. Several drafts involved doing things that are either too troublesome (your opponent having a max hand size of 4) or too pointless (doing things if the opponent has more than 4 cards in hand) before I settled with targeting immunity while you keep a 4-card hand count. Think Unicore but not as frustrating.

The final effect would be its main selling point - the ability to negate the Summon of Level/Rank 4 monsters. Seeing that Rank 4 is master Rank in the current game, being able to interfere accordingly would be incredibly disruptive. I originally had this card have a hard-lock on Level/Rank 4 Summons, but that would push the envelope and not give the Xyz Material any proper use.

4 is my favourite number motif. Pipe down, IV.

camkZnA.jpg

3 different monsters
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card gains effects based on the number of different original Types among the monsters used as Fusion Materials for its Fusion Summon.
● 1 or more: This card gains ATK equal to the combined Levels of its Fusion Materials x 300.
● 2 or more: Once per turn: You can send 1 card on the field to the Graveyard.
● 3: This card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.

Needs 3 mosnters to be summoned. 3x3 is 9, it's name has 3 ts, it has 3 effects, it has 3000 def, etc...

I was going to edit until the 9th day of the ConTest to post this, but I'm inpatient and am going to post it new

IQeUnFB.jpg

Lore:
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by banishing monsters from your Graveyard whose Levels add up to 9. Once per turn: you can pay 900 Life Points and activate 1 of the following effects:
@ Target 1 other monster on the field; it gains 900 ATK and DEF until the End Phase.
@ Send the top 3 cards of either players' deck to the Graveyard.
@ This card can attack your opponent directly this turn; halve all battle damage from this attack.

@NameDollars: Nope, you've got plenty of time. You're in and your number is 7!

@Gadjiltron: Awesome card! I'm glad you lucked out with your number. This is exactly what I was looking for for the contest, and you pulled yours off expertly. All the effects are really well-thought out, and I'm glad you're getting a lot of mileage out of messing with Level/Rank 4s, the most common in the game. Very well done!

@Electric Wizard: This is really cool! Love the image, it's like some kind of crocodile ent demon! Anyway, you used the number 3 really well here, and the added effects per varied type was a great way to focus the effect. Versatile fusion materials that benefit players with more than one type is a win in my book. This contest is shaping up really well so far.

@Sharpretina24: Yeah, that's what I'm looking for for the contest. Cool idea for the card, but if you've got time to trim it a bit, I might recommend adding more effects to work with the number six more. Get you some more points with me before I judge these. Maybe something to allow up to six monster zones for Machine-types or something? Or maybe something with six-sided dice? Either way, the effect seems a little unbalanced right now. I could see this instantly improving any Machine-focused deck to the point of breaking a duel, so feel free to keep improving on it in the next week.

@Aez: That would've been funny, but thanks for posting it earlier. This is a really neat idea, and you handled the number well. I'm really digging these multiple option effects lately. The various effects are great for controlling the duel while he's on the field. I suppose you just have to worry about keeping him there.

We're off to a great start. Pat yourselves on the back, these are all pretty awesome.

[spoiler=Hidori of the Seven Elements]BnYbHsk.jpg

This card is also treated as a DARK, FIRE, WATER, EARTH, WIND, and DIVINE monster while on the field and in the Graveyard. Once per turn: You can have this card permanently lose 1 attribute; apply an effect based upon what attribute this card lost:
-WATER: Add 1 level 7 monster from your Graveyard to your hand.
-FIRE: Inflict 700 damage to your opponent. If they have 7 banished cards: Inflict another 700 damage.
-DARK: Banish 3 cards from your Graveyard; banish 4 cards on the field.
-EARTH: This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Increase this card's DEF by 700.
-WIND: Return 1 card on the field to the owner's Deck.
-LIGHT: Add 1 Spell Card from your hand to your Deck.
-DIVINE: This card is unaffected by other card effects until your opponent's End Phase.[/spoiler]

Thanks for giving me 7. It's an easy number to work with. Many things use the number 7, lucky 7s, 7 days to create the earth, 7 Dragon Balls, 7 main characters in my friend's and my RP...7 Attributes in the game.

After I realized there were 7 attributes, I exploded this card out of my brain. 2700 ATK, 1700 DEF, 7 7s in the serial number, 7 in the name, 7 effects.

I debated leaving out DIVINE from her effect because the unrealistic nature DIVINE tends to give, but I also felt like that would invalidate her name, as she would have to be "Hidori of the Six Elements."

WATER, EARTH, and FIRE are pretty obvious 7s, DARK adds up to 7, and the others I couldn't easily change to 7 without getting weird.

Also, long effect is long.

Changed my name from NameDollars to Degritone, just in case you're wondering who I am.

Here is my card.

c3YFVC5.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned if you have exactly ten monsters in your graveyard. This card's ATK and DEF are equal to the DEF of the monster with the lowest DEF in your graveyard x10. 

xGvF3uE.jpg

Activate only if your opponent have total 8 or more cards in their hand and on their side of the field: Target 1 Tuner monster and up to 7 non-Tuner monsters you control or in your Graveyard; Synchro Summon 1 Synchro Monster using those targets only. The Level of non-Tuner monsters using as Synchro Material Monsters are treated as 1, also banish all Synchro Material Monsters. You cannot Special Summon other monsters, nor activate card effects other than effects of this card and that Summoned monster during the turn you activate this card.

let's see, require 8 cards from opponent, can use up to 8 monsters for Synchro Summon, and most important, this card has 8 lines of effects.

Archived