Byakura of the Six Swords

Degritone

Hey, look. I was finally able to not make a set after getting an idea in my head.

hryI4og.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]You can banish 1 Warrior-Type monster from your graveyard to Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard). When this card destroys a monster by battle: Increase this card's ATK by the destroyed monster's level in the Graveyard x 100. If this card destroys a level 7 or higher monster by battle: This card can attack again. When this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or card effect): Add 1 level 4 or lower Warrior-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.[/spoiler]

The first and last effects combined would make this a threatening engine. If you have a way to make Warriors from your hand into Xyzes and Synchros without Graveyard recursion, you are pretty much set for the rest of the game. This and Striker can Synchro for 8. This and Dododo Warrior/Gillagillancer can Xyz for 6.

You could also use this like Machina Fortress. Play a Warrior-based engine and use it on top of that as a problem-solver.

With how the Dragon Rulers were changed, I'm not sure if this is supposed to be inherent or not... (The rare ones implied inherent but then they were Errata'd and the tin versions were an effect...)

So the OCG Grammar would be like this:
You can banish 1 Warrior-type Monster from your Graveyard to Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard). If this card destroys a Monster by battle: this card gains ATK equal to the destroyed monster's level in the Graveyard x 100. If this card destroys a Level 7 or higher Monster by battle: this card can attack again. If this card is destroyed: Add 1 Level 4 or lower Warrior-type Monster from your Deck to your hand."

This card seems a tad bit broken... As it can keep coming back, it gains ATK, can battle multiple times under the right conditions, and upon its death gives you a free Warrior to compensate. I would put a lot more conditions on some of this card's effects: like requiring the destroyed monsters go to the Graveyard or making that the search ability doesn't make it feel like Warrior's just got 3 new RoTA's (at least). I mean with this guy, you can SS him, activate Torrential, and get a free Warrior to DA with.

I like the idea, but you should put a few more restrictions in.

Lowered his stats a bit so that he doesn't become 3000+ upon getting his second ATK (if it's his first attack, anyway,) changed the wording to the correct grammar, made him not SS himself from the Graveyard, and fixed him being a straight RoTA upon death.

Archived