My first custom card: Noble Knight support.

Armoire

As the  title says, this is my first custom made card. For a long time now, the Noble Knight archetype has needed an efficient Noble Knight searcher. So, I created Merlin (a.k.a. Myrddin in Welsh) and fashioned his effect similar to Gwenhwyfar, Queen of Noble Arms. Many have argued that Myrddin should be a boss monster of the archetype; however, a Noble Knight boss monster should be able to equip Noble Arms. A requirement for most Noble Arms is for the monster to be Warrior-Type. Myrddlin as a Warrior-Type monster? Myrddin is a Wizard and therefore, a Spellcaster-Type monster. So, like the other Spellcaster-Type monster of the archetype (Gwenhwyfar, Queen of Noble Arms), I created him as a Noble Arm.

I present you "Myrddin, Overseer of Noble Arms"!

Updated Lore:

You can only use each effect of "Myrddin, Overseer of Noble Arms" once per turn, and only once that turn. You can target 1 "Noble Knight" monster you control; equip this card from your hand or Graveyard to that target. The equipped monster gains 200 ATK and control of that card cannot be switched. If this face-up card is sent to the Graveyard while equipped to a "Noble Knight" monster: You can add 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your deck to your hand. 

vfZkxIG.jpg

Simple and clean. It forms an engine with Drystan (redundant with Medraut) and makes advantageous loops with the Xyzes. More importantly Borz can dump this with Gwen for 2 free triggers per turn and a 500-ATK boost to anything you want. It's practical and I don't see any way to improve it.

Thank you for the feedback. How much play do you think it would see? Considering how only a limited few (Medraut, Gwalchavad, Drystan, and the two Artorigus Xyzes) can ignite his effect, should I change Merlin's last effect from:

"If this face-up card is destroyed by the effect of a "Noble Knight" monster: You can add 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your deck to your hand." 

into "If this face-up card is sent to the Graveyard while equipped to a "Noble Knight" monster: You can add 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your deck to your hand." so it's universal for all Noble Knights to use and activate his effect?

Also, because the Knights' names are derived from either Old English or Welsh, I'm changing the name from "Merlin, Overseer of Noble Arms" to "Myrddin, Overseer of Noble Arms"  for flavor.

The lore is perfectly written, I like it. The picture suits perfectly as well, totally love it. But it is very op, as with it you has 2 Gwenhwyfar per turn, with this card being a plus every turn (its effect is the same as having a continuous RotA which activates from the grave, actually).

Some ideas:

You can only use 1 effect of "Myrddin, Overseer of the Noble Arms" per turn, and only once that turn. You can target 1 "Noble Knight" monster you control; equip this card from your hand or Graveyard to that target. The equipped monster gains 500 ATK, and its control cannot switch. If this card is equipped to a DARK monster, destroy it. If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your Deck to your hand. (ATK/DEF to 500/500)

Its self destruction effect is not counted towards the once per turn limit, as it is a continuous effect.

Some trivias (regarding my version): Its equip effect is described as "He guides LIGHT Knights to stay in their right path, and provides a significant 500 ATK boost." And his self destruction effect is described as "He is always betrayed, and killed by DARK monsters." Further described, "He is usually deceived by the good appearance of dark LIGHT Knights, and in turn, get killed by them." (from sources that tells his death in the hand of his love, The Lady of the Lake) His searching effect is described as "He sees the future and alter it in his ways (through shapeshifting) so that a Knight appears in the right time, for the right result." (from sources that tells how Merlin usually shapeshift) (this trivia mimics Gwenhwyfar's trivia in wikia)

The other ideas that I have in my mind are: Discard this card from your hand to add 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your Deck; and, Tribute this card to Special Summon 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your Deck. Either one of those replaces its last effect (from my version, above), and keeps the other effects there.

I only quick-read Merlin in wiki, so the trivia might be off somehow. That's all~ :)

The lore is perfectly written, I like it. The picture suits perfectly as well, totally love it. But it is very op, as with it you has 2 Gwenhwyfar per turn, with this card being a plus every turn (its effect is the same as having a continuous RotA which activates from the grave, actually).

Some ideas:
Its self destruction effect is not counted towards the once per turn limit, as it is a continuous effect.

Some trivias (regarding my version): Its equip effect is described as "He guides LIGHT Knights to stay in their right path, and provides a significant 500 ATK boost." And his self destruction effect is described as "He is always betrayed, and killed by DARK monsters." Further described, "He is usually deceived by the good appearance of dark LIGHT Knights, and in turn, get killed by them." (from sources that tells his death in the hand of his love, The Lady of the Lake) His searching effect is described as "He sees the future and alter it in his ways (through shapeshifting) so that a Knight appears in the right time, for the right result." (from sources that tells how Merlin usually shapeshift) (this trivia mimics Gwenhwyfar's trivia in wikia)

The other ideas that I have in my mind are: Discard this card from your hand to add 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your Deck; and, Tribute this card to Special Summon 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your Deck. Either one of those replaces its last effect (from my version, above), and keeps the other effects there.

First of all, I love the Trivia you came up with. Personally, I concluded Merlin was a searcher for Noble Knights because he was the one who took Arthur and gave him to his foster parents; so I thought, "Why not find a home for all the Knights?"

About the Effect: To be honest, I like the whole idea of him self-destructing with the DARK Noble Knights, and the LIGHT effect provides protection from Creature Swap (And I, as a Noble Knight fan, absolutely hate it when I get a Treeborn or a Spirit in exchange for the King). As for the ATK boost, since the searching effect's actually pretty powerful, I think I'll keep it to 200 (considering how it gets the Knights' ATK to common values like 1700, 1900, and 2000). The last part of your edit, "If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your Deck to your hand." however, I think I won't add, because it makes Merlin a his searching power even more powerful, because you can set him for defense, get a free search if he's destroyed by battle or card effect, and get another +1 because you can use him in the Graveyard. So I think I'll keep it to "If this face-up card is sent to the Graveyard while equipped to a "NobleKnight" monster: You can add 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your deck to your hand." in order to promote his equipping effect. 

Anyway, updating Myrddin's Lore to this:

You can target 1 "Noble Knight" monster you control; equip this card from your hand or Graveyard to that target. You can only use this effect of "Myrddin, Overseer of the Noble Arms" once per turn. The equipped monster gains 200 ATK. Apply the appropriate effect, depending on the Attribute of the equipped monster.

LIGHT: Control of the equipped monster cannot switch.

DARK: Destroy this card. 
If this face-up card is sent to the Graveyard while equipped to a "Noble Knight" monster: You can add 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your deck to your hand. 

(Assuming I can figure out how to add Bullet Points because Alt+7 isn't really showing up for the card.)

Edit: Had to use MS Paint to add the bullet points. It's kind of bothering me because I think the bullets seem off.

The idea of changing the last effect to my version is just for that, and in my version, you can't use his last effect on the turn it's equipped, which is the op part of it (note that in your last version, it's still like free RotA from the grave, for every turn, even if it's equipped to dark monsters). That wording (for the equip effects) is far longer than what I've provided, and less straightforward, as it actually tells "You should only equip this card to true LIGHT Knights". I wouldn't really argue about the ATK bonus until all other effects get properly balanced.

Bullet Points or Squares can't be typed there, if you really want them, do it manually via photoshop and/or templates. Personally, I use '@' to replace it, as it is the only one that I see fit to do so.

Also, I love Noble Knights. xD
And I got a bit disappointed seeing the new Noble Knight cards, except Brothers (which I totally love, beside Medraut and Borz, +Drystan).

Edit:
Oh you did the bullets via paint. xD
Nice way to do it.

Yeah, Brothers was a gift, unlike Avalon. Round Table was kind of in the middle; it's nice for Laundsallyn builds.

Also, thank you for the wonderful replies.

Changing Merlin's effect again, because the whole self-destruct thing was pointless, and probably adding a "You can only use 1 "Myrddin, Overseer of Noble Arms" effect per turn, and only once that turn." clause in the beginning. But in my opinion, because Noble Knights are kind of lacking in speed and consistency, if you can't search the same turn you equip him, it's kind of pointless, since the purpose was for Merlin to combo with the effects of Noble Knights as well as search. But considering how Spellbook of Judgment was supposed to search, too... Maybe make it so that you can only use each effect of Myrddin once per turn? I think I might go with that.

New Lore (Thank heavens I don't need bullets anymore):

"You can only use each effect of "Myrddin, Overseer of Noble Arms" once per turn, and only once that turn. You can target 1 "Noble Knight" monster you control; equip this card from your hand or Graveyard to that target. The equipped monster gains 200 ATK and control of that card cannot be switched. If this face-up card is sent to the Graveyard while equipped to a "Noble Knight" monster: You can add 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your deck to your hand."

Archived