Let's Swarm Monsters that are Easily Destroyed! Lightning

Degritone

Basically, you swarm the field as fast as you can and Xyz Summon the next turn. Their redaw is to get Summoner, who begins the fun.

>your face when a first turn hand of 6 Spells/Traps, you do that redraw thing, and get a hand of 5 Spells/Traps

[spoiler=Zap, the Lightning Drone]Basically, make things go pop.

1sXAs76.jpg

When you draw this card: You can reveal it; shuffle it into the Deck, then add 1 "Plat, the Lightning Summoner" from your Deck to your hand OR excavate 3 cards from your Deck or until you get a Spell or Trap Card. Your opponent chooses 1 Spell or Trap Card from them to add to your hand. Return the rest to the bottom of the Deck. When this card is Special Summoned from the Deck: Destroy it. When this card is sent from the field to the graveyard: Destroy the monster with the highest ATK your opponent controls.[/spoiler][spoiler=Ariela, the Lightning Mage]Great for getting around the no Xyz Summoning restriction of Plat.

HbkY8wH.jpg

When you draw this card: You can reveal it; shuffle it into the Deck, then add 1 "Plat, the Lightning Summoner" from your Deck to your hand OR excavate 3 cards from your Deck or until you get a Spell or Trap Card. Your opponent chooses 1 Spell or Trap Card from them to add to your hand. Return the rest to the bottom of the Deck. After this card was Special Summoned from the Deck, when this card is destroyed by your card effect: Special Summon this card from the Graveyard, then decrease this card's ATK and DEF to 0.[/spoiler][spoiler=Noak, the Lightning Giant]Special Summon him, then use Plat's effect again for a half cost effect.

fncJ4Ns.jpg

When you draw this card: You can reveal it; shuffle it into the Deck, then add 1 "Plat, the Lightning Summoner" from your Deck to your hand OR excavate 3 cards from your Deck or until you get a Spell or Trap Card. Your opponent chooses 1 Spell or Trap Card from them to add to your hand. Return the rest to the bottom of the Deck. This card cannot be destroyed by your card effects. When this card is Special Summoned from the Deck: Banish the top card of your Deck. This card cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. You can only control 1 face-up "Noak, the Lightning Giant".[/spoiler][spoiler=Iallias, the Lightning Behemoth]Negate an opponent's effect, likely killing himself in the process.

xePFwiB.jpg

When you draw this card: You can reveal it; shuffle it into the Deck, then add 1 "Plat, the Lightning Summoner" from your Deck to your hand OR excavate 3 cards from your Deck or until you get a Spell or Trap Card. Your opponent chooses 1 Spell or Trap Card from them to add to your hand. Return the rest to the bottom of the Deck. After this card was Special Summoned from the Deck, when your opponent activates a card effect: You can discard 1 card; negate the activation and destroy it.[/spoiler][spoiler=Tho, the Lightning Warrior]Give Plat/one of the Xyz a survivability goost upon death. Plus, 1900 ATK is nice.

bT27nJB.jpg

When you draw this card: You can reveal it; shuffle it into the Deck, then add 1 "Plat, the Lightning Summoner" from your Deck to your hand OR excavate 3 cards from your Deck or until you get a Spell or Trap Card. Your opponent chooses 1 Spell or Trap Card from them to add to your hand. Return the rest to the bottom of the Deck. After this card was Special Summoned from the Deck, when this card is sent to the Graveyard: Increase the ATK of 1 "Lightning" monster you control by 1000.[/spoiler][spoiler=Seica, the Lightning Keeper]Keeps himself alive through Plat's destruction, making this and Noak your best bets as the first SS pair.

1TTSAYa.jpg

When you draw this card: You can reveal it; shuffle it into the Deck, then add 1 "Plat, the Lightning Summoner" from your Deck to your hand OR excavate 3 cards from your Deck or until you get a Spell or Trap Card. Your opponent chooses 1 Spell or Trap Card from them to add to your hand. Return the rest to the bottom of the Deck. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects once per turn. After this card was Special Summoned from the Deck, when this card is sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "Lightning" monster with 1000 or less ATK from your Deck.[/spoiler][spoiler=Plat, the Lightning Summoner]Ah, the heart of the Deck, Plat. Summon two useless monsters from your Deck and either choose to keep them until your next turn for an Xyz or destroy them to get their graveyard effects. Up to you.

w7qldjt.jpg

You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 2 "Lightning" monsters from your Deck. They cannot attack or be used as Xyz Materials this turn. When a card effect is activated: Destroy all cards Summoned by this effect.[/spoiler][spoiler=Pretric, the Lightning Dragon]Pretric is a nice choice to Summon two copies of then kill with Plat. Destroy two cards and increase Plat by 1000, then get two free level fours if you do Pretric+Noak for another level four.

fb9Kgv4.jpg

When you draw this card: You can reveal it; shuffle it into the Deck, then add 1 "Plat, the Lightning Summoner" from your Deck to your hand OR excavate 3 cards from your Deck or until you get a Spell or Trap Card. Your opponent chooses 1 Spell or Trap Card from them to add to your hand. Return the rest to the bottom of the Deck. After this card was Special Summoned from the Deck, when it is sent to the Graveyard: Destroy 1 card on the field, then increase the ATK of 1 monster you control by 500. Once, when this card is in the Graveyard: You can banish it and 2 other "Pretric, the Lightning Dragon" from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 level 4 "Lightning" monster from your Deck. You can only use this effect of "Pretric, the Lightning Dragon" once per Duel.[/spoiler][spoiler=Wacelic, the Lightning Beast]Make him survive a turn (somehow) to make another Lightning survive both his activation's Plat-caused death and future card effects, either making it so you get another two cards or a beefed up card that gets to make things explode. Plus you get a card.

saI0k2F.jpg

When you draw this card: You can reveal it; shuffle it into the Deck, then add 1 "Plat, the Lightning Summoner" from your Deck to your hand OR excavate 3 cards from your Deck or until you get a Spell or Trap Card. Your opponent chooses 1 Spell or Trap Card from them to add to your hand. Return the rest to the bottom of the Deck. This card can attack your opponent directly. When this card inflicts damage to your opponent: Target 1 "Lightning" monster you control other than this card; that target cannot be destroyed by card effects until the End Phase.[/spoiler][spoiler=Reivolt, the Lightning Wapiti]Your opponent gets punished for destroying it and you get rewarded for keeping it alive.

eM0W6fo.jpg

When you draw this card: You can reveal it; shuffle it into the Deck, then add 1 "Plat, the Lightning Summoner" from your Deck to your hand OR excavate 3 cards from your Deck or until you get a Spell or Trap Card. Your opponent chooses 1 Spell or Trap Card from them to add to your hand. Return the rest to the bottom of the Deck. After this card was Special Summoned from the Deck, when it is sent to the Graveyard: Banish it; banish 1 card your opponent controls. When you Xyz Summon a monster using this card: You can discard 1 card; destroy 1 card your opponent controls.[/spoiler][spoiler=Zen, the Lightning Master]Get a Lightning's Graveyard effect + get a new monster for a turn. Slightly splashable into some LIGHT heavy Decks.

L4Pej5O.jpg

2 level 6 LIGHT monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material; send 1 LIGHT monster you control to the Graveyard. When a LIGHT monster is sent to the Graveyard: You can shuffle 1 card in your hand into your Deck; Special Summon 1 level 4 LIGHT monster from your Deck. It is returned to the Deck during your End Phase.[/spoiler][spoiler=Bin, the Lightning Herald]Two Magic Cylinder + Negate Attack, then get him back a monster when he dies.

aekaYth.jpg

2 level 4 LIGHT monsters
When your opponent declares an attack: You can detach 1 Xyz Material; inflict damage to your opponent equal to the attacking monster's ATK and negate the attack, then end the Battle Phase. When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 level 4 LIGHT monsters from your Deck. Destroy it during your End Phase.[/spoiler][spoiler=Lightning Stone]Nearly guarantee that you'll have your Summoned monsters until your turn, barring banish/send/return effects, then get a card that can't die by card effects once it dies.

nNp4pxg.jpg

When a "Lightning" monster(s) is Special Summoned from the Deck: You can discard 1 card; it cannot be destroyed by your opponent's cards until your opponent's End Phase. When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Target 1 monster you control; that target cannot be destroyed by card effects while it remains face-up on the field. "Plat, the Lightning Summoner" cannot activate its effects in response to these effects' activations.[/spoiler][spoiler=Heart of the Storm]Get Behemoth to the grave, then destroy anything with 2500 or less ATK, and finally punish your opponent for destroying things, which is also a double edge sword, as using Plat makes him a useless Normal Monster with 1700 ATK.

DOY0mOj.jpg

Target 1 "Lightning" or Thunder-Type monster in your graveyard; Destroy 1 monster your opponent controls with less ATK or DEF than the target. While this card is in the graveyard: Negate the effects of cards that destroy "Lightning" monsters.[/spoiler][spoiler=Raiju, the Lightning Incarnate]Become 2700 upon attacking, then 2900 next time. Small loop if you have two or more monsters in your hand (which you never should with this Deck) to fill your field. You're basically never getting less than two more cards unless you're full up. Fixed the loop.

DbuDG6e.jpg

2 level 4 LIGHT monsters
When this card attacks: You can detach 1 Xyz Material; destroy 1 card on the field, then increase this card's ATK by 200. Once per turn, when a LIGHT monster is sent to the graveyard by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect): You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 "Lightning" monster with less ATK from your Deck. It is destroyed during your End Phase.[/spoiler]

EDIT: I now realize that if I had made three more monsters, you could make a (cosistant) ZTK Exodia with this. It'd still be pretty consistant like this, but there'd still need to be eight more cards.

EDIT 2: You could do so by combining this with my GKQ, using a few copies of its 10s/kings to fill the remaining eight slots.

EDIT 3, The Balancing: Made Raiju less loop-y, made Stone less "FULL STEAM AHEAD!"-y, made Bin not revive himself, Reivolt doesn't become another Xyz upon being used for an Xyz, and Pretric only Summons one monster the entire Duel and only by having two other Pretrics in your Graveyard.

EDIT 4, No, Exodia, No!: Made them less of a ZTK/FTK Exodia Deck by making them not infinitely draw each other. Took a few minutes to finally settle on how to word it.

I read through, and have a basic understanding of how it works, but I don't have time to write a long summary. so in short:

The deck has too many advantageous cards that come at little to no cost, decks are meant to build advantage sure, but your entire structure essentially says "this deck has no brakes, and the parts that act as substitute brakes are meant to be broken from the start so don't mind them." The deck definitely has synergy, but therein lies the problem; the deck has too much synergy, it doesn't ever stop +ing because it literally never has to minus.

You need to put stronger brakes on your cards, if the cards aren't restricted, then they'll just end up busted like dragon rulers, Airblade turbo, or spellbooks+judgment. overall though, i like the theme, and the fact that you pay attention to lightning-type monsters such a neglected typingmakes me think we'll get along just fine.

You do realize that these basically let you pick and choose the cards in your Deck, right?

Basically, yes. The only monster you're ever supposed to have in your hand is Plat.

I read through, and have a basic understanding of how it works, but I don't have time to write a long summary. so in short:

The deck has too many advantageous cards that come at little to no cost, decks are meant to build advantage sure, but your entire structure essentially says "this deck has no brakes, and the parts that act as substitute brakes are meant to be broken from the start so don't mind them." The deck definitely has synergy, but therein lies the problem; the deck has too much synergy, it doesn't ever stop +ing because it literally never has to minus.

You need to put stronger brakes on your cards, if the cards aren't restricted, then they'll just end up busted like dragon rulers, Airblade turbo, or spellbooks+judgment. overall though, i like the theme, and the fact that you pay attention to lightning-type monsters such a neglected typingmakes me think we'll get along just fine.

I love how you worded that. Made me laugh.

But seriously, since you didn't name any card individually, I now have to go through every possible problem I see and discuss it.

Stone is the main problem with that, I bet, as it takes out even a possibility of minusing through Plat. I guess I could make it say "during your opponent's turn" for the no destruction and add "'Plat, the Lightning Summoner' cannot activate effects in response to this card's activation" so that it still helps keep your monsters, but doesn't make you get four monsters without even trying, only two like I intended with that card.

Another few cards I can see that wat are Dragon, Mage, and Giant, being that two Dragons as your first pick gets you an Xyz, then a Dragon and a Mage after that gets you another Xyz, finished up two Mage and a Spell, getting you yet another Xyz. Mage's entire point is to do that, though, so Mage stays like that. Dragon's Summoning effect can be removed, and, again, Giant's meant to be exist-y, as you can only control one of him.

I can make it so Raiju only does once per turn/by opponent's card only. After even just a few turns, Zen becomes a once/no times per turn guy, as your hand will diminish fast. As I stated above the card, Heart of the Storm is a double edged sword, as using Plat's effect while it's in the graveyard makes him useless after that Summon pair.

Wapiti can be nerfed, I guess, as I can make him do something else when used for Xyz. Discard for destroy sound good?

Seica is basically for Zap/Wacelic, as getting Ariela makes Ariela's SS from the grave effect basically useless. I guess I can make it so it's only not destroyed by your opponent's card effects, but I meant for it to survive any nuke, even ones you throw out if you run into an emergency.

Put an "if you activate this effect, you cannot draw another card(s) until the End Phase" on each of them, or they will ONLY be used for Exodia. Seriously. These cards plus Dark World Dealings, One Day, and Upstarts = 1st turn Exodia EVERY TIME.

Don't you just love inadvertant Exodia?

After about thirty seconds of thought, I've settled upon "add 1 'Plat, the Lightning Summoner' or 1 Spell or Trap Card from your Deck to your hand" so that they don't trigger other Lightnings in an infinite loop, but you still get their only monster in hand is Plat effect. Now that I type that, though, that's even more pick and choose-y than I want. That would basically make it so you could have a Side Deck full of anti-archetype cards for the big archetypes and add them all to your hand first turn.

Again, that's not what I want... I want it to be where you choose cards in your hand, but at random (plus Plat) because everything happens from the Deck. Onstead of "or a Spell or Trap Card" I guess I could use "or excavate the top three cards in your Deck. Your opponent chooses one to add to your hand. The other 2 are returned to the Deck." But then the opponent would only choose the Lightning monsters you excavated because you don't want them in your hand. ...Make them only choose a Spell or Trap Card and retry if there are none? Sounds good.

Sound good to you? Adding it now, and you can give your opinion after I'm done or while I'm making the changes. Whichever.

What if the first sentence of each of your cards instead said "When you draw this card for your normal draw in your Draw Phase:"? This prevents them from endlessly triggering off each other, while still allowing you access to other draw effects.

That would make a lot of sense, as it keeps their basic functionality of "Ew, the hand. Get me out of here!" but it still lets monsters other that Plat be in the hand. If they were fine with being the hand, I would be all for that, but they hate it so much that they need to make sure they're not in the hand. Or I could change Plat's effect to go from the hand, as well, and do that change.

Now I'm unsure which I want. Processing... Processing... Plat's "cost" is discarding, so having them in the hand would be bad, even if he SSed from the hand. I'm 80% for what I just changed them to and 20% for the way we just discussed.

Archived