Rise of the Titans

Degritone

I was debating whether or not to post this, as I kind of forced it out instead of letting it flow like I do with everything else.

But what ever! Here you go.

[spoiler=A Titan Approaches]t9ckbTx.jpg

When a level 8 or lower monster you control is destroyed: You can banish it; Special Summon 1 "Titan" monster from your hand. When this card is destroyed: Banish it; Special Summon 1 "Titan" monster from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard, then banish 1 card your opponent controls. You can only control 1 "A Titan Approaches".[/spoiler][spoiler=Titan of Destruction, Rilec]bOswsWI.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned by the effect of "A Titan Approaches". When this card is removed from the field: Destroy every card on the field, then both players lose 200 life points for each card destroyed by this effect. When this card battles: You can banish 1 card from your Graveyard; destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card your opponent controls.[/spoiler][spoiler=Titan of Serenity, Relic]nmVgTnO.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned by the effect of "A Titan Approaches". When this card is removed from the field: Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower monster from your hand in defense position. This card can attack while in defense position. If this card attacks while in Defense Position, apply the ATK of this card for damage calculation. When this card battles: You can banish 1 card from your graveyard; change the attack to a direct attack.[/spoiler][spoiler=Titan of Nature, Terr]UIDcU3c.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned by the effect of "A Titan Approaches". When this card is removed from the field: Add 1 Spell or Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. When this card inflicts damage to your opponent: Destroy 1 card on the field. When this card battles: You can banish 1 card from your graveyard; banish 1 card from your opponent's hand.[/spoiler][spoiler=Titan of Chaos, Demo]0EVrdR1.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned by the effect of "A Titan Approaches". When this card is removed from the field: You can banish 2 cards from your Graveyard; banish up to 2 cards on the field. When a card on the field is banished: You can destroy 1 card on the field. When this card battles: You can banish 3 cards from your graveyard; destroy every other card on the field, then end your turn.[/spoiler][spoiler=Titan of Control, Gole]QS4Ou1E.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned by the effect of "A Titan Approaches". When this card is removed from the field: Take control of up to 2 monsters your opponent controls until your End Phase. When control of a monster(s) is switched: You can banish 1 card from your graveyard; destroy 1 card on the field. When this card battles: You can banish 2 cards from your graveyard; take control of 1 monster your opponent controls until the End Phase other than the monster this card is battling.[/spoiler][spoiler=Archer of the Titans]gS8mcfw.jpg

If you control a "Titan" monster(s): You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Once per turn: You can roll a six sided die; destroy cards on the field up to the result if you control more "Titan" monsters than the result.[/spoiler][spoiler=Envoy of the Titans]I6FRX0J.jpg

When this card is Summoned: You can banish 1 card from your Graveyard; add 1 "A Titan Approaches" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand, and if you do, activate it, then destroy this card. When this card is destroyed by its own effect: You can add 1 "Titan" monster from your Graveyard to your hand.[/spoiler]

All art by noah-kh.

Rilec I think may be a bit overpowered with it's destruction effect since if both players have a total of 8 cards on the field both players take 4000 damage right there upon it being destroyed. So maybe you could change the amount of damage taken so it isn't to heavy, possibly about 300 per card.

Relic is a little too strong due to the fact it can attack while in Defense Position AND it can deal 4000 damage AND it can attack directly by just banishing 1 card. If anything it should have a cost of about 2-3 cards banished so it isn't too broken.

I can't really see anything wrong with Terr so that's good, the effect to bring another A Titan Approaches to your hand is good too.

As for Demo, again the banishment clause is bad, like with Relic you should have to banish 2-3 cards to destroy all other cards on the field. If you keep it at 1 banished card it would be too broken since it activates when it attacks.

Gole looks fairly fine but I think the last effect should cost about 2 banished cards since you could easily take a really strong monster your opponent controls.

Archer is good and isn't too overpowered.

Envoy's effect of adding a Titan from your Graveyard to your hand should be a "You can" effect since you likely wouldn't have a Titan in your Graveyard to add if you get Envoy early in the duel.

Finally as for A Titan Approaches I don't see why you put Level 8 or lower since no Level 8-5 monsters are in this set. Other than that I can see it being useful with these.

Overall 8/10 due to these issues I have pointed out.

Rilec I think may be a bit overpowered with it's destruction effect since if both players have a total of 8 cards on the field both players take 4000 damage right there upon it being destroyed. So maybe you could change the amount of damage taken so it isn't to heavy, possibly about 300 per card.

Relic is a little too strong due to the fact it can attack while in Defense Position AND it can deal 4000 damage AND it can attack directly by just banishing 1 card. If anything it should have a cost of about 2-3 cards banished so it isn't too broken.

I can't really see anything wrong with Terr so that's good, the effect to bring another A Titan Approaches to your hand is good too.

As for Demo, again the banishment clause is bad, like with Relic you should have to banish 2-3 cards to destroy all other cards on the field. If you keep it at 1 banished card it would be too broken since it activates when it attacks.

Gole looks fairly fine but I think the last effect should cost about 2 banished cards since you could easily take a really strong monster your opponent controls.

Archer is good and isn't too overpowered.

Envoy's effect of adding a Titan from your Graveyard to your hand should be a "You can" effect since you likely wouldn't have a Titan in your Graveyard to add if you get Envoy early in the duel.

Finally as for A Titan Approaches I don't see why you put Level 8 or lower since no Level 8-5 monsters are in this set. Other than that I can see it being useful with these.

Overall 8/10 due to these issues I have pointed out.

Rilec's change makes sense. Changed.

With Relic, I miss understood how to word his effect, as I modeled it after a card I loved way back in the day, Total Defense Shogun. Effect changed so he only gets 1000 damage per attack, like I wanted.

Demo nerfed.

Gole's change makes sense. Changed.

Envoy changed.

A Titan Approaches is like that so you can't just say, "Oh, I lost a titan... Guess I'll summon a new one!" and so you can have other powerful cards in the Deck so that you don't have to purely rely on the Titans.

Archived