Bringing Beatsticks Back

Degritone

Miss the old days when even the poorest of players could have a good Deck? Have a beatstick set.

[spoiler=Insanity Force 5'4'9 - Stalker]BtAbygH.jpg

While this card is in the Graveyard, neither player can activate card effects, also negate the effects of all face-up cards on the field.[/spoiler][spoiler=Insanity Force 3'7'5 - Shroomb]qZESclS.jpg

While this card is in the Graveyard, neither player can activate card effects, also negate the effects of all face-up cards on the field.[/spoiler][spoiler=Insanity Force 8'1'3 - Ars]4SMaHHD.jpg

While this card is in the Graveyard, neither player can activate card effects, also negate the effects of all face-up cards on the field.[/spoiler][spoiler=Insanity Force 4'4'2 - Psaque]6HaysNA.jpg

While this card is in the Graveyard, neither player can activate card effects, also negate the effects of all face-up cards on the field.[/spoiler][spoiler=Insanity Force 2'8'2 - Karniz]Gre1HzO.jpg

While this card is in the Graveyard, neither player can activate card effects, also negate the effects of all face-up cards on the field.[/spoiler][spoiler=Insanity Force 4'8'2 - Tragurion]3VaLGCM.jpg

While this card is in the Graveyard, neither player can activate card effects, also negate the effects of all face-up cards on the field.[/spoiler][spoiler=Insanity Force 5'9'2 - Aic]vKAUXOJ.jpg

While this card is in the Graveyard, neither player can activate card effects, also negate the effects of all face-up cards on the field.[/spoiler][spoiler=Insanity Force 2'6'1 - Doctor]oGzg8sV.jpg

While this card is in the Graveyard, neither player can activate card effects, also negate the effects of all face-up cards on the field.[/spoiler][spoiler=Insanity Force 9'9'2 - Karbach]U2tx8Te.jpg

You must tribute 3 monsters to Tribute Summon this card. While this card is in the Graveyard, neither player can activate card effects, also negate the effects of all face-up cards on the field.[/spoiler][spoiler=Insanity Force 1'9'1 - Quinn]Sksqpuj.jpg

You must tribute 3 monsters to Tribute Summon this card. While this card is in the Graveyard, neither player can activate card effects, also negate the effects of all face-up cards on the field.[/spoiler][spoiler=Insanity Force 4'7'1 - Avulsion]Ur3Mp3b.jpg

You must tribute 3 monsters to Tribute Summon this card. While this card is in the Graveyard, neither player can activate card effects, also negate the effects of all face-up cards on the field.[/spoiler][spoiler=Insanity Force 6'6'1 - Mewtant]wXEgHmL.jpg

You must tribute 4 monsters to Tribute Summon this card. While this card is in the Graveyard, neither player can activate card effects, also negate the effects of all face-up cards on the field.[/spoiler]

(First number + second number) / last number = their level

Their ATK and DEF reflects their number, either by having their level in them or by having them be a multiple of their level.

Summoning requirements for level 9+ is floor(level/3)

They all have the same effect.

Basically, this set goes "Everything's a Normal Monster now. Neither of us can activate anything. Come at me, bro." The only monster I feel uncomfortable about is Mewtant, as I feel four tributes for a 4800 wall doesn't get you enough of a wall, but I'd boost it up to 6000 if I were to boost its stats at all, so either way, I'd feel uncomfortable about Mewtant. But still, Mewtant coming out basically hands you the game unless they had Five-Headed Dragon out before your first turn.

First number + second number / last number = their level

Their ATK and DEF reflects their number, either by having their level in them or by having them be a multiple of their level.

Summoning requirements is floor(level/3)

They all have the same effect.

Basically, this set goes "Everything's a Normal Monster now. Neither of us can activate anything. Come at me, bro." The only monster I feel uncomfortable about is Mewtant, as I feel four tributes for a 4800 wall doesn't get you enough of a wall, but I'd boost it up to 6000 if I were to boost its stats at all, so either way, I'd feel uncomfortable about Mewtant. But still, Mewtant coming out basically hands you the game unless they had Five-Headed Dragon out before your first turn.

About the flavor: I love the idea and I like the theme with the numbers/levels. The ATK=DEF thing's really nice, too. Same effect for pretty much bringing back the old school logic of ATK=Game. 

About the effect:  Although it can shut down 90% of the decks, I don't find the effect to be /too/ strong, since the theme is to bring back beatsticks. Not to mention Spells, Traps, and Special Summons are still active. 

About Insanity Force 6'6'1 - Mewtant: With the effect negation, I think Mewtant's a wonderful wall, because I'm sure you'd run Forbidden Lance/Dress to get its ATK down to 4000/4200 with immunity, Dark Bribe to negate, March of the Monarchs, or anything to give it protection (considering the general Tribute Summon support, like Soul Exchange and The Monarchs Storm Forth). I guess you could use Soul Charge to easily summon him, but I feel like that subject is unrelated to the topic.

Additional Comments: I really find this amusing. It'd be hilarious to see it in action against other decks, just to see who's the most powerful without any "dirty tricks". 

About the effect:  Although it can shut down 90% of the decks, I don't find the effect to be /too/ strong, since the theme is to bring back beatsticks. Not to mention Spells, Traps, and Special Summons are still active.

Skill drain decks benefit from this deck. And what you need are 3 Ars, 3 Psaque, 1 Foolish Burial. And you instantly win. And the rest of those cards are totally unnecessary, except Shroomb if you need more than those 7 cards (+3 Skill Drains if you need even more). And Spell and Trap cards that resolve on the field (which mostly are), are NEGATED. Only cards that resolve in your hand/Deck/Graveyard that aren't negated. And only D.D. Crow (afaics) that can remove ONE and ONLY ONE of those cards. It's like the end of the world for every non-skill drain decks, even skill drain itself is the end of the world already.

Skill drain decks benefit from this deck. And what you need are 3 Ars, 3 Psaque, 1 Foolish Burial. And you instantly win. And the rest of those cards are totally unnecessary, except Shroomb if you need more than those 7 cards (+3 Skill Drains if you need even more). And Spell and Trap cards that resolve on the field (which mostly are), are NEGATED. Only cards that resolve in your hand/Deck/Graveyard that aren't negated. And only D.D. Crow (afaics) that can remove ONE and ONLY ONE of those cards. It's like the end of the world for every non-skill drain decks, even skill drain itself is the end of the world already.

Now that he points that out: I take it back. It's kind of too strong. I assumed it only negated Monster Effects, not reading it close enough that it negates all face-u cards on the field.
But making people rely on beatsticks is what the archetype's supposed to do, so you were very successful on that.

Now that he points that out: I take it back. It's kind of too strong. I assumed it only negated Monster Effects, not reading it close enough that it negates all face-u cards on the field.
But making people rely on beatsticks is what the archetype's supposed to do, so you were very successful on that.

I said "skill drain itself is the end of the world already", so even if it negates only monster effects, it still goes the same, as the only way to get rid those shitty cards are through Soul Release, and some never-used cards that banishes stuffs from grave.
And yes, it's TOO successful . . .

Actually, even hand/Deck/Graveyard effects are negated, if they have to be activated. Continuous effects, like these and a couple cards I don't feel like looking the names of up right now, do stay if they are banished/in the Graveyard. But yeah, Foolish Burial in this would basically be a win button. You could still Xyz/Synchro if you could keep enough monsters on the field for it, and could be used as a quick 3000 using Acid Golem.

About the flavor: I love the idea and I like the theme with the numbers/levels. The ATK=DEF thing's really nice, too. Same effect for pretty much bringing back the old school logic of ATK=Game. 

About Insanity Force 6'6'1 - Mewtant: With the effect negation, I think Mewtant's a wonderful wall, because I'm sure you'd run Forbidden Lance/Dress to get its ATK down to 4000/4200 with immunity, Dark Bribe to negate, March of the Monarchs, or anything to give it protection (considering the general Tribute Summon support, like Soul Exchange and The Monarchs Storm Forth). I guess you could use Soul Charge to easily summon him, but I feel like that subject is unrelated to the topic.

Additional Comments: I really find this amusing. It'd be hilarious to see it in action against other decks, just to see who's the most powerful without any "dirty tricks". 

At first, I had it only be "neither player can activate card effects," so all continuous effects would still activate, but then I was like "Meh, let's also negate everything else." I'm willing to change it back, if need be.

I said "skill drain itself is the end of the world already", so even if it negates only monster effects, it still goes the same, as the only way to get rid those shitty cards are through Soul Release, and some never-used cards that banishes stuffs from grave.
And yes, it's TOO successful . . .

"Here, have a Deck that has a one card win button." As I said above, I'm willing to make it only negate effect activation like originally planned.

Thanks for your feedback, guys.

Missed that 'cannot activate card effects part', yet I still said those comments. Removing the field-negating part is like not including skill drain decks in the party (though they still are, as skill drain is still there). It's still worse than a skill drain too (and honestly, it doesn't actually change a lot of things even if you remove their second effect. It is . . . . . "You will, and definitely will win the game if you have a high ATK monster."). And PLEASE remove those god damn totally weird and will-never-be-played cards there (Level 5 - 12), or change their effects.

Missed that 'cannot activate card effects part', yet I still said those comments. Removing the field-negating part is like not including skill drain decks in the party (though they still are, as skill drain is still there). It's still worse than a skill drain too (and honestly, it doesn't actually change a lot of things even if you remove their second effect. It is . . . . . "You will, and definitely will win the game if you have a high ATK monster."). And PLEASE remove those god damn totally weird and will-never-be-played cards there (Level 5 - 12), or change their effects.

Well, the point of the set is "Do you have a monster with higher ATK than mine? No? Cool," like the good old days. And how, my good sir, would I change five through twelve's effects? Not like they'd get to use them unless I made them continuous Graveyard effects. Plus, some decks run highish ATK monsters straight from their Main Deck, at least last time I played IRL, so they have at least some use when going against those Decks. If all you have out is Psaque and your opponent has a monster with 1900-2400 ATK, it either becomes a question of who can Tribute/Synchro/Xyz Summon a monster with higher ATK first or who has more cards in their Deck.

The End of Anubis (2500 ATK), Vanity's monsters, Archlord Kristya, Mage Power, United We Stand, Magnum Shield (for Warriors, this boost them greatly). Dark Creator is a nice wall, as it needs dark monsters in grave. Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon can Special Summon itself by its own. BLS is pretty much it too, though limited. Forbidden Lance works good as well. I forgot to mention, MALEFICS.

And it's the end of the world, no one want to play against this, and only a few people want to play this. Skill Drain already sucks everything to the max, and this . . . . . to the infinity . . . . . . . . . . beyond the space . . . . . . . .

Archived